Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Option to Replace Staff With Orb/Book/Focus

disky
disky
✭✭✭
DISCLAIMER: I understand that new art for every style is never going to happen. This is not a request for style-based art.

I feel like staves are meant for the Gandalf (whose name literally means "staff-elf") elderly wizard archetype and otherwise are very restrictive to those of us who want to portray their magic-based character. And I've tried but I just can't get used to how they're carried on the back, because no one in the history of Earth has ever done that. I wish there were a replacement for staves which allowed the player to use Staff skills without a staff, like an orb, book or focus. I'd be more than happy to see generic styles for these options.

This sort of goes along with my interest in a One-Hand & Focus style, which could use the same art in an off-hand.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 for more spell focus options in the game.

ON-mount-Baandari_Pedlar_Senche-Lion.jpg

Orbs and skulls could be held like this for example
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best we can get about this is one hand and spell. This does not require any new art in terms of already expanding amount of different styles per weapons.
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    Best we can get about this is one hand and spell. This does not require any new art in terms of already expanding amount of different styles per weapons.

Do you mean to say that it would be impossible to replace a staff graphic with something else, like a book or other representation of a magical focus? I do want the style you describe but I feel like the same representation of magic, however it is done, could also be used for the staff styles.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you mean to say that it would be impossible to replace a staff graphic with something else, like a book or other representation of a magical focus? I do want the style you describe but I feel like the same representation of magic, however it is done, could also be used for the staff styles.

Maybe of course they can replace it but it will be hard because of these reasons. I would love to see something like that though.

There are more than hundred staff style in the game and some of those styles are monetized. It would be hard to release a new type of graphics for a completely new weapon, in this case book, that has no monetization before.

But there are also more than hundred types of one hand styles in game, which also some of those styles are monetized. Because of this reason, if we ever get a new skill line it would be one handed weapon and spell, or book with one handed weapon. Not just book which replaces the entire weapon. My opinion is this way at least.

If they do this one hand and spell. It might look similar to this maybe. From balance perspective probably it will not matter if you wear sword, mace or dagger just like in one hand and shield skill line.
    px1ynawen581.png
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭
    There are more than hundred staff style in the game and some of those styles are monetized. It would be hard to release a new type of graphics for a completely new weapon, in this case book, that has no monetization before.

To be honest I was working under the assumption that they would end up being Crown Store items. If ZOS wants to give it away I'm more than happy to have the option but yeah, I'd expect them to be for sale. As far as I'm concerned it would be worth the crowns.