Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Community feedback make our voices heard

TheMessengerOfDeath
First off this is going to be respectful and praise for the devs but we need to address the other side of that as well. Zos I applaud that you have had eso running for almost 10 years now that is an achievement of it's on. There has been a lot of good changes, QOL, DLC, bug fixes, nerfs, buffs, pve content, pvp content, mythics, ect. But by the same token we have had just as many bad as good a little subjective and personal opinion but it's not far from the truth while not being a lie.

1.) The community needs to help direct the future of eso as we are the customers and the players who actual spend 5-8 hours a day playing ESO day in and day out. Now I'm not saying everything we want or say has to be heard or even that we as the community should be making suggestions but if we could at least be acknowledge and know our feedback matters is not much to ask for.

2.) The playerbase also needs to work on giving each other's ideas constructive critism instead of just being snarky and straight out rude to each other. It's fine to say no but there is a lot of unnecessary remarks and it gets personal pretty fast because we get emotional. We need to stop saying no if we have nothing to add to the conversation instead say for example hey this could work if we did XYZ instead.

3.) ZOS has been just as loud and vocal if not more about how this is their game, were playing it wrong, and they can do what they want, when they want and how they want. I understand this is your Product but to treat your customers as if their beneath you is how you destroy a community. We understand you have just as much ambition, creativity, happiness, ect as we do for this game sometimes we do need to just let ZOS do what they do best at making content because they do need to be in charge of where the game is going in the future and even if we don't see why or even how or where it's going we need to trust they are doing what's best for the game.

Now this has been a double edged sword because sometimes that is not the truth far from it. We have had amazing updates but others were very ehhh with a lot of updates and changes that are questionable and just really gave us all an headache because we have skill lines that take days to level up, a lot of crown shop items that are over priced and not account wide , gambling ect.

4.) We want our voices to not be ignored because we know you hear us zos but we also know you don't actual care for player feedback.

Here is hopes in 2024 the playerbase and ZOS can actual have a conversation with what we want to see moving forward with the game.

Edited by TheMessengerOfDeath on January 8, 2024 2:12AM
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    "You ain't from around here, are ya?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAQ86x-SA0

Here is hoping 2024 will finally break the wall between players and developers
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the game the devs want. It doesn't matter what someone like you thinks needs to happen.

That's the bottom line. Nothing you post or think will change that line in the sand. This is THEIR game. It's not going to change.

And I personally am fine with that. As I have been with every other game I've played since 1985. There were a couple where I was seriously unhappy with the direction....

I quit playing them, as that's MY option - and objectively my opinion. Did the devs care? Of course not.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customers have a right, heck it might even be a legal right to voice their feedback on a product. If its true that it does not matter what a customer thinks, then I'd argue the business is being run incorrectly.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "4.) We want our voices to not be ignored because we know you hear us zos but we also know you don't actual care for player feedback."
    Several surveys, these forums and some other stuff shows this statement is wrong.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    "4.) We want our voices to not be ignored because we know you hear us zos but we also know you don't actual care for player feedback."
    Several surveys, these forums and some other stuff shows this statement is wrong.

I agree, not to mention that they allow threads which are very critical of the game for various reasons. Some forum members suggest that complaints get deleted or edited, but I think that's more the case with bashing the devs or spreading conspiracy theories. All you have to do is browse the forum and see thread after thread complaining about this or that to realize that of course ZOS wants to keep in touch with how we feel about things.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customers have a right, heck it might even be a legal right to voice their feedback on a product.

While I agree that feedback should be taken more seriously (I find it especially unprofessional if there are dozens of people reporting/confirming a bug on PTS and still nothing is done about it until release): Of course you have the right to voice your opinion. But there's no obligation for them to change the game accordingly.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    This is the game the devs want. It doesn't matter what someone like you thinks needs to happen.

That's the bottom line. Nothing you post or think will change that line in the sand. This is THEIR game. It's not going to change.

And I personally am fine with that. As I have been with every other game I've played since 1985. There were a couple where I was seriously unhappy with the direction....

I quit playing them, as that's MY option - and objectively my opinion. Did the devs care? Of course not.

To which dev's are you referring? The devs that created the game and the vision they had for it, or the devs we have now?
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Customers have a right, heck it might even be a legal right to voice their feedback on a product.

While I agree that feedback should be taken more seriously (I find it especially unprofessional if there are dozens of people reporting/confirming a bug on PTS and still nothing is done about it until release): Of course you have the right to voice your opinion. But there's no obligation for them to change the game accordingly.

Read the post above mine for greater context, specficially " It doesn't matter what someone like you thinks needs to happen." I take umbrage when someone expresses that a customers voice does not matter because that is the antithesis on how to run a business.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

Yes, their game, and that is not going to change.

The thing is that they look at a lot more than what the forum talks about. More than what people say, they have the ability to see what people are actually doing, and how well they are doing it. Actions, on a massive scale, say a lot more than anything a few hundred people repeat in here every few months.

The only thing that really bugs me about this is when they go back on big decisions that they already made. If they make forward decisions that are not in line with what I want, I have the option to decide their direction is no longer aligned and I can decide to go off an do something else. When they go backwards and reverse major decisions that they already made, that is when I start to consider that, not only do I need to go off and do something else, but also that I paid money to them and they wasted my time.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus