Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

[Skill line] One Hand and Focus (1H&F)

Drammanoth
Drammanoth
✭✭✭✭✭
An off-hand item that is more magic oriented - chargeable!!!

1).Skill: a magical shield for 5-8 sec
1 – reflects magical / elemental damage by consuming charges from offhand
2 – recharge if not taking damage for Y sec by consuming charges from offhand

2).Skill: radius damage - throw a magical sword into the ground to deal magical or elemental damage - consumes offhand charges
1 – only magical + enemies inside affected by Major Magicasteal
2 – elemental + allies inside affected by Major Spell Resistance

3).Skill: mass shield - cast shield on X group members within Y range for Z seconds
1 – strengthens the shield
2 – shield lasts longer

4).Skill: conal damage - deal dmg in a cone
1 – increase damage
2 – knocks down

5).Skill: elemental channel - channel 2-5 waves of elemental damage
1 – increase damage ramp up
2 – dmg stay the same - resistant to CC

Ult

Skill: overcharge - take an 8th / 7th / 6th / 5th of the off-hand’s charge to deal extra (1.2 - 1.5) magic damage with your weapon
1 – deal extra elemental damage
2 – applies a stack of an elemental status

Passives:

Passive: when blocking, takes magical instead of stamina

Passive: can hold 2x / 3x / 4x more charges than a weapon

Passive: increase elemental damage by X%

Passive: passively recharges offhand

Passive: killing an enemy recharges a weapon slightly

Passive: Upon death when wielding 1H&F you explode, dealing elemental dmg in a radius
My wishlist for ESO
I.Skills:
>>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
>>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
>>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
(the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, how about that? Not 1H&Rune, but for more magically oriented folks.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

>>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

• Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the difference between One Hand & Rune and One Hand & Focus? They both seem like the one-handed spells from TES V: Skyrim.

I think it would be great to have some sort of one-handed magic weapon, which would be to one-handed martial weapons what staves are to two-handed martial weapons. That would mean that rather than treating this one-handed magic item as a shield (that is, locking it to the off-hand slot) it would be treated as a new kind of one-handed weapon, which could go on either weapon slot.

I hope this one-handed magical weapon type means we get the associated Dual Magic, One-Handed & Magic, and Magic & Shield weapon skill lines.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea... just having come back to ESO after playing D4 for several months. I just want ANY type of skill line for magic players that doesn't revolve around a STAFF. We definitely need more magic-based weapons IMO.
    CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ Stamina Dragonknight ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the difference between One Hand & Rune and One Hand & Focus? They both seem like the one-handed spells from TES V: Skyrim.(...).

Uh, I had an idea that a rune could be something of a magical shield, whereas an offhand item could boost attacks and be more magicka oriented.

Don't know how much it makes sense, but yeah, those are some of the ideas that ZOS can utilise.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:

II.Overland Mechanics

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

IV.Geography

V.Other

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I like the idea... just having come back to ESO after playing D4 for several months. I just want ANY type of skill line for magic players that doesn't revolve around a STAFF. We definitely need more magic-based weapons IMO.

Almost all of my Magicka characters use the summoned staff style so they don't always have a giant stick on their back.

One Hand & Rune/Focus/Whatever would be a DREAM Weapon tree. That's the playstyle I always defaulted to in Skyrim.

Not to mention, it'd be the perfect Weapon skill tree to properly support true Hybrid builds.
    Edited by ArchMikem on January 7, 2024 8:47PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!