Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

Other means of ground transport - non mounts

Drammanoth
Drammanoth
✭✭✭✭✭
A forum user in the thread about flying stated that mounts are a means to hasten the movement. That is correct. In this topic, however, I'm talking about:

1) hovering animations
and
2) sprint animations

Give "Other" cateogory to "Mounts" and make such means of movement attainable after completing a quest chain, eg. in Malabal Tor or Greenshade (after encoutering and saving the Green Lady)

Assets are already there, just a matter of implementing them. Oh, and it would decrease falling damage by 10-20%
Edited by Drammanoth on January 3, 2024 2:15PM
My wishlist for ESO
I.Skills:
>>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow
>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

II.Overland Mechanics
>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)
>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)
>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
>>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
>>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince

IV.Geography
>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bicycle.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a dwemer or clockwork motorcycle would be awesome!
    or a daedric bike that uses the machinery we see in Coldharbour.

    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    a dwemer or clockwork motorcycle would be awesome!
    or a daedric bike that uses the machinery we see in Coldharbour.
    A steam-powered vehicle (THAT IS NOT A DWEMER SPIDER)? Yes!
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow
    >>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

    II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)
    >>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

    III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

    III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince

    IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

    V.Other
    >>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    "Magic Carpet" .. An Addon exists for a magic carpet to use in your house to help get to those high places :).

    As for coconut halves .. that would be a great animation for your companion :),
    Edited by Barnicle on January 3, 2024 4:16PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Barnicle wrote: »
    Hi
    "Magic Carpet" .. An Addon exists for a magic carpet to use in your house to help get to those high places :).

    As for coconut halves .. that would be a great animation for your companion :),

    the carpet addon is only for houses and only for pc
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    Other means of ground transport - non mounts

    An excellent idea! Utilizing the existing code in new and interesting ways.

    I've been wishing for a magic carpet for some time now. Hovering around on a esoteric Dwemer contraption would be awesome, or why not floating around on a spider web?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    a dwemer or clockwork motorcycle would be awesome!
    or a daedric bike that uses the machinery we see in Coldharbour.

    Please. No.

    well why not?
    there's wheels. mechanical vehicles that use wheels aren't that absurd
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    a dwemer or clockwork motorcycle would be awesome!
    or a daedric bike that uses the machinery we see in Coldharbour.

    Please. No.

    well why not?
    there's wheels. mechanical vehicles that use wheels aren't that absurd

    Its like the cannon and gun argument. Yes, they can exist in TES given that the materials to make them exist. However, many people hate the idea because it takes away from the fantasy aesthetic.

    Could be cool to have a floating version of the stickhorse where you just glide around. After all, levitation isn’t banned yet.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    a dwemer or clockwork motorcycle would be awesome!
    or a daedric bike that uses the machinery we see in Coldharbour.

    Please. No.

    Thank you. Hard pass. This is not WoW.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non animal or insect Dwemer themed mounts would be nice.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    a dwemer or clockwork motorcycle would be awesome!
    or a daedric bike that uses the machinery we see in Coldharbour.

    Please. No.

    well why not?
    there's wheels. mechanical vehicles that use wheels aren't that absurd

    Its like the cannon and gun argument. Yes, they can exist in TES given that the materials to make them exist. However, many people hate the idea because it takes away from the fantasy aesthetic.

    Could be cool to have a floating version of the stickhorse where you just glide around. After all, levitation isn’t banned yet.

    we have dwemer and clockwork city which would also take away from the fantasy aesthetic if mechanical mounts that aren't metal animals are a problem.

    and yea a floating stickhorse would be cool.
    i don't ever see it happening because flight won't happen, but would be cool.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    cannon

    Cannons. And grapple launchers.

    Edit: And gliders.
    Edited by NeuroticPixels on January 3, 2024 8:42PM
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    a dwemer or clockwork motorcycle would be awesome!
    or a daedric bike that uses the machinery we see in Coldharbour.

    Please. No.

    well why not?
    there's wheels. mechanical vehicles that use wheels aren't that absurd

    Its like the cannon and gun argument. Yes, they can exist in TES given that the materials to make them exist. However, many people hate the idea because it takes away from the fantasy aesthetic.

    Could be cool to have a floating version of the stickhorse where you just glide around. After all, levitation isn’t banned yet.

    we have dwemer and clockwork city which would also take away from the fantasy aesthetic if mechanical mounts that aren't metal animals are a problem.

    and yea a floating stickhorse would be cool.
    i don't ever see it happening because flight won't happen, but would be cool.

    Sure, but how those inventions function and what those inventions look like retain more of a fantasy aesthetic than a gun or a motorcycle. A crossbow wielding sphere or a half machine raptor isn’t something you’d see IRL.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Self hover
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shuddering at some of these suggestions, please no. There's enough nonsense that questions the lore and aesthetic of the setting as it is.

    Having some magical levitating would be fine, depending on look. Same as magical fast running.

    g8m33h7m96t8.gif
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    a dwemer or clockwork motorcycle would be awesome!
    or a daedric bike that uses the machinery we see in Coldharbour.

    Please. No.

    well why not?
    there's wheels. mechanical vehicles that use wheels aren't that absurd

    Its like the cannon and gun argument. Yes, they can exist in TES given that the materials to make them exist. However, many people hate the idea because it takes away from the fantasy aesthetic.

    Could be cool to have a floating version of the stickhorse where you just glide around. After all, levitation isn’t banned yet.

    we have dwemer and clockwork city which would also take away from the fantasy aesthetic if mechanical mounts that aren't metal animals are a problem.

    and yea a floating stickhorse would be cool.
    i don't ever see it happening because flight won't happen, but would be cool.

    Sure, but how those inventions function and what those inventions look like retain more of a fantasy aesthetic than a gun or a motorcycle. A crossbow wielding sphere or a half machine raptor isn’t something you’d see IRL.

    you mentioned guns twice now, i didn't.
    however guns are way older than motorcycles and the first hand cannon is from the 13th century. so if the fantasy aesthetic has to have weapons that were popular several hundred years ago(like crossbows) a hand cannon like that wouldn't be so strange.

    and motorcycles didn't always look the same.
    a motorcycle mount doesn't have to look like a Harley Davidson bike.
    it could look like this :)
    61wjr7xz1xgi.jpg

    some of the mounts we already have are based on extinct animals like dire wolves and sabre cats so why not look at the past for non animal mounts too?

    and a half machine raptor isn't something you'd see irl that is true, but a full machine raptor would be possible.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    a dwemer or clockwork motorcycle would be awesome!
    or a daedric bike that uses the machinery we see in Coldharbour.

    Please. No.

    well why not?
    there's wheels. mechanical vehicles that use wheels aren't that absurd

    Its like the cannon and gun argument. Yes, they can exist in TES given that the materials to make them exist. However, many people hate the idea because it takes away from the fantasy aesthetic.

    Could be cool to have a floating version of the stickhorse where you just glide around. After all, levitation isn’t banned yet.

    we have dwemer and clockwork city which would also take away from the fantasy aesthetic if mechanical mounts that aren't metal animals are a problem.

    and yea a floating stickhorse would be cool.
    i don't ever see it happening because flight won't happen, but would be cool.

    Sure, but how those inventions function and what those inventions look like retain more of a fantasy aesthetic than a gun or a motorcycle. A crossbow wielding sphere or a half machine raptor isn’t something you’d see IRL.

    you mentioned guns twice now, i didn't.
    however guns are way older than motorcycles and the first hand cannon is from the 13th century. so if the fantasy aesthetic has to have weapons that were popular several hundred years ago(like crossbows) a hand cannon like that wouldn't be so strange.

    and motorcycles didn't always look the same.
    a motorcycle mount doesn't have to look like a Harley Davidson bike.
    it could look like this :)
    61wjr7xz1xgi.jpg

    some of the mounts we already have are based on extinct animals like dire wolves and sabre cats so why not look at the past for non animal mounts too?

    and a half machine raptor isn't something you'd see irl that is true, but a full machine raptor would be possible.

    I'm not using guns as a strawman but rather because it is a perfect example of this argument-- one that has been done over and over again in the lore community. I'm not as opposed to the image you sent, though it does bring the suggestion of letting us have horse and cart/horse and carriages.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Soarora , @LunaFlora how do you think, what ZOS would introduce sooner - a rifle or a crossbow?
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow
    >>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

    II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)
    >>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

    III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

    III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince

    IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

    V.Other
    >>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    @Soarora , @LunaFlora how do you think, what ZOS would introduce sooner - a rifle or a crossbow?

    a crossbow as we already have that as a skill.
    why do you ask?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An offtopic to be sure, but the fact that there is a skill in FG, or that Templars have spear as their weapon, does not mean that we would / could not have those things as separate weapons.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow
    >>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

    II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)
    >>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

    III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

    III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince

    IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

    V.Other
    >>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.
  • slt101880b14_ESO
    slt101880b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The OP mentioned something about levitating...
    I would love a personality that had idle/movement/combat animation involving levitation...
    Would look so nice on my Necro Lich polymorph..
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot believe nobody said khajipult for when you are in a hurry; or turtles, slugs and other slow rides for when you want to enjoy the scenery db8jkjk-dde9aa1d-4ad1-48b8-ab6d-63d60339f199.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzQ3OTg0YWNlLTA4NWMtNDU4Yi1hOWNhLTYzNDMwOWM5MDI1ZFwvZGI4amtqay1kZGU5YWExZC00YWQxLTQ4YjgtYWI2ZC02M2Q2MDMzOWYxOTkuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.puBBRbNRBIfwufqfawA-K2pZC19Y-BbEC2UjoYbAVz0
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

    MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

    kitlightning.deviantart
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    a dwemer or clockwork motorcycle would be awesome!
    or a daedric bike that uses the machinery we see in Coldharbour.

    Please. No.

    well why not?
    there's wheels. mechanical vehicles that use wheels aren't that absurd

    Almost no one outside the Clockwork City even understands how the Dwemer built all they did, much less how it all works. Tamriel is still VERY deep into Medieval technology, and with Magic being so readily available there's no driving force to invent and advance, and I highly doubt Sotha Sil is gonna return to Tamriel as the next Henry Ford.

    Also, think like you live on Nirn. Why invent a new powered wheeled vehicle, when Portal Magic exists.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
Sign In or Register to comment.