Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

More Quality of Life Changes Needed for Console/In the Game

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The cost for Necron was cheap enough over the holidays that I sprung for Necron on even the PS4/PS5. I have run a few things and I am reminded how much I miss from my PC addons. Some examples:

- Knowing a good price on a guild vendor for something - which TTC provides.
- Changing color when I unlock a chest, not just "jiggling" the controller which can be very hard to notice.
- Not knowing which of my alts knows a recipe/style/etc.
- Ability to mark Master Writs to be pre-crafted so I can make them without errors before turning them in. I just did a couple dozen on the PS5 and it was a pain accepting one and needing to run back to the crafting station to make sure I crafted the correct one. AND the nice "craft quests" choice will let you make a potion/poison that does not match, since only a specific set of ingredients work properly for many.
- Filtering guild vendor searches so I can use several to go through things I want to buy. (Note that filtering can get you kicked because the game thinks you are doing too many searches at a time.
- Having nice little markers over mat spawn points, chests, etc.
- Preventing stealing unless I am crouched.

I am sure I will think up more later (and I might add them) but these are very useful quality of life items that really should be in the game, not limited to the PC via an addon.

Any chance we will see these if quality of life changes get more attention in 2024 and beyond?

I am not sure I would fully play both, but I would consider springing for a year of ESO+ if some of these key features were built-into the game and thus available on consoles and available for me to sometimes play there.
Edited by FlopsyPrince on January 3, 2024 5:20AM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, we have seen nothing added to the game for QOL issues in 2023 at all. Don't think anyone currently actively actually plays ESO on console anymore at ZOS. Or at least anyone can that effectively advocate for positive changes added to the base game.

Stay safe :)
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    those would all be nice things to have.

not knowing which recipes alternative characters have could be solved by making recipe knowledge account wide.
    i really hope that happens.
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Yeah, we have seen nothing added to the game for QOL issues in 2023 at all. Don't think anyone currently actively actually plays ESO on console anymore at ZOS. Or at least anyone can that effectively advocate for positive changes added to the base game.

we did get quality of life changes for housing in update 37, which included stuff the eht addon had (and was then removed from eht).
    so not nothing.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - Ability to mark Master Writs to be pre-crafted so I can make them without errors before turning them in. I just did a couple dozen on the PS5 and it was a pain accepting one and needing to run back to the crafting station to make sure I crafted the correct one. AND the nice "craft quests" choice will let you make a potion/poison that does not match, since only a specific set of ingredients work properly for many.
    As I don't use add-ons I want to weight in here... We should be able to activate multiple master writ quests at the same time, even from the same craft. This would allow us to pre-craft much more. Maybe a limit of 25 master writs at once, not using the regular quest limit. We also need a master writ house turn-in furniture, so we don't have to port back and forth all the time between our house and the turn-in. Right now I always craft 7 master writs at a time, and zone back and forth to turn them in. This is faster than manually looking to precraft everything, but is really annoying to do(luckily I barely have a load time).
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PS4 to PC transfer here is what I'd miss most.
    - Dressing Room, or make the armourer usable via hot key in an instance.
    - Inventory insight, ie the ability to find items across your account. With the amount of time it takes to change characters on console this would be a huge QOL improvement.
    - Writworthy, ie the functionality to craft multiple master writs items in a batch, and then accept the quests at the person you hand them into. Actually I don't know why the game doesn't just let you accept and craft multiple master writs - this one master writ per skill before you hand the quest in is ridiculous.
    - An on screen display to show how much damage you are doing. Most people have no idea and have no inclination to go hit a dummy to find out, plus that doesn't represent actual in content damage.
    - Make the skill timers a count down. Why ZoS went with miniscule bars is beyond me.

IDK why ZoS doesn't do more of this. People have already done the work by coding add-ons. Just go look at the most used add-ons and put then into Console.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

not knowing which recipes alternative characters have could be solved by making recipe knowledge account wide.

we did get quality of life changes for housing in update 37, which included stuff the eht addon had (and was then removed from eht).
    so not nothing.

Yeah, agreed that recipes should be shared account wide. The character would still need to level up the skill and have points to actually craft them, but otherwise having to gather the many green and blue recipes all over again is a pain.

Also, maybe this is just PSN, but the camera doesn’t zoom out to the extent I see on PC players. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but I’ve maxed the zoom out in third-person and it still falls short of PC’s wide field of vision. Makes a considerable difference, especially in PvP. Seems like it’s just arbitrarily locked short.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

so not nothing.

Yeah, agreed that recipes should be shared account wide. The character would still need to level up the skill and have points to actually craft them, but otherwise having to gather the many green and blue recipes all over again is a pain.

Also, maybe this is just PSN, but the camera doesn’t zoom out to the extent I see on PC players. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but I’ve maxed the zoom out in third-person and it still falls short of PC’s wide field of vision. Makes a considerable difference, especially in PvP. Seems like it’s just arbitrarily locked short.

You can hold down the d-pad down button (if I remember correctly) and push the right joystick forward or back to zoom in and out further from your character.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    As I don't use add-ons I want to weight in here... We should be able to activate multiple master writ quests at the same time, even from the same craft. This would allow us to pre-craft much more. Maybe a limit of 25 master writs at once, not using the regular quest limit. We also need a master writ house turn-in furniture, so we don't have to port back and forth all the time between our house and the turn-in. Right now I always craft 7 master writs at a time, and zone back and forth to turn them in. This is faster than manually looking to precraft everything, but is really annoying to do(luckily I barely have a load time).

This wouldn't be ideal, in my view, but would definitely be an improvement. I pre-crafted too many wrong things in the past when I was doing it since I misread the requirements too often, leading to lots of waste and frustration on my part. That doesn't happen on the PC for me now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good points in the replies.

I had hoped that QoL changes happened while I was not playing, so I was also hoping maybe some of these (which I wanted before I switched to the PC from the PS4 4 or so years ago) so it would be great to see them.

Many would help make things better to play in my view.

I may end up throwing an ESO+ on my PS5 account now (a shame I need that there when I already pay for it on the PC) just so I can play around sometimes there, but it is still a big step back in many ways, even though playing on my huge 70 inch TV is fun.
    PC
    PS4/PS5