Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Twitch Drops Outdated

Tyrant_Tim
Tyrant_Tim
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Speaking for a friend that’s looking to get into Twitch streaming, is there any possibility that Ouroboros Crates could be updated?

Currently there are only two permanent cosmetics available through them, the Senche and the Cub, and this hasn’t changed for quite some time.

This wouldn’t be a problem except other games are constantly releasing new weapon and character skins exclusively for Twitch drops.

Companies that support their streamers, tend to get their games on the front page of Twitch, and this could be as simple as adding a new list of offerings to be obtained in addition to the Senche and Cub, as a way to get players out supporting their favorite streamers.
Edited by Tyrant_Tim on December 29, 2023 9:52PM
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten over 80 ouroboros crates,and still no cosmetic >< ouch!
    But I like getting gems :)
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On average how many gems do you get per Ouroboros Crate?
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because if it’s 2, then it would take 8 Crates to obtain a Superior Reward, 20 Crates to obtain an Epic Reward, 50 Crates for a Legendary Reward, 200 Crates for an Apex Reward, and 600 Crates for the cheapest Radiant Apex mount.

To put that into perspective if you are limited to one crate a week, it would take you 600 weeks, in other words… 4,200 days wait to obtain enough gems for a meaningful reward out of the Ouroboros Crates.

Now, I’m not knocking gems, but if there were feasibly obtainable items from the Ouroboros Crates to obtain duplicates of, you would be receiving Gems at a much better rate.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let yourself be swallowed by FOMO. Those crates are extra, but they do need to have some sort of incentive to be of ANY value to us.

The senche mount is one, but it is incomparibly low to the gems, which we can collect. And mind you, grinding is the feature of every MMO.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow
    >>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)
    >>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    >>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yet if the crates had their own list of unlockables, you wouldn’t have to wait between 2 months to 11.5 years before your first collectible purchased with Crown Gems obtained through those crates, and that’s assuming you got a crate each week.

When you compare that to other games running drop campaigns with new weapon skins weekly, it’s obvious which game is getting better advertisement.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on December 30, 2023 12:38PM
  • tgrippa
    tgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the twitch drop crates need new rewards added. I got both the senche mount and cub on NA and EU a couple of years ago and have not bothered with the #drops since. I might start watching streams again if there were new, interesting (i.e. not a stupid memento) rewards to collect, such as another mount.
    Edited by tgrippa on December 30, 2023 1:59PM
    PCEU
    heh.
    heh.
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I already both have the pet and mount, the rest is just free gems. I don't even use them as I personally think they're pretty ugly. I wouldn't mind seeing something new after so many years.
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pacrooti advises you to purchase more crates....
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné