Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

"Eyes" not to be included as "Head Markings"

Shara_Wynn
Shara_Wynn
✭✭✭✭✭
I would like to ask if it would be possible to move "eyes" over to their own category and NOT to be lumped in together with "head markings".

Having purchased a number of eye skins from the crown store, I am frustrated that I cannot have both an eye skin and a head marking active on my character at the same time.

I simply don't understand why eye and head marking are considered the same thing.

Facial hair gets it's own category, so I can have fancy eye brows and a head marking at the same time, but I can't have a fancy eye color and a head marking at the same time. This makes no sense to me.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed to all of the above
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, 'tis the dream.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limited attachment points. They would have to create new character models to accommodate the change with new attachment points if they were to split out the eyes as their own customization.
  • wjc361
    wjc361
    Soul Shriven
    I like decorations.
  • Buffy121
    Buffy121
    ✭✭✭
    I agree
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed!
    CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, especially since they aren't all head markings. At least a few are under facial hair for some reason, and I think some are accessories. It's a mess.
    Limited attachment points. They would have to create new character models to accommodate the change with new attachment points if they were to split out the eyes as their own customization.

They've done it once before (and I doubt they re-made the character models to do it). When the game came out facial hair, major adornments and minor adornments were all the same thing and you could only pick 1 (that's still how it works in the character creator), it was only when the crown store packs were added that they were split into seperate categories and it became possible to equip more than one on the same character.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • PrincessOfThieves
    PrincessOfThieves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, I like using some of the glowing eyes with eyelashes, it they were both in the same category, that wouldn't have been possible.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    big agree - hard to complain about having more customization options
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, I like using some of the glowing eyes with eyelashes, it they were both in the same category, that wouldn't have been possible.

Yeah, I had the same thought but I seldom do this tbh
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 30, 2023 9:44PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

eyelashes aren't eye colours so i believe the post's suggestion wouldn't put them in the same category
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • MissAethe
    MissAethe
    ✭✭✭
    The blind left and right eyes are still preventing me from having those and a beard on my nord at the same time. Its super annoying.
    Xbox NA 10am-2am EST/EDT - Find me In-Game @MissAethe
    Guildmaster - Nox Tyrannis - A Late Night 21+ PVE/Social Guild

Dragonknight Spite Healer Extraordinaire
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is seriously my biggest ESO dream