Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Thank you ZOS for the blanket exp bonus

ClowdyAllDay
ClowdyAllDay
✭✭✭
I hate most holidays and i certainly don't like using those mementos and wont use some of them to get an exp bonus. So far this year i been busy doing other things (shards, public dungeons, shrines, and books) and cant be bothered with the event at all as i am trying to finish up the crafting skills on these two characters before my eso plus runs out and i lose access to the dlc areas that plus gave me access to. So yah, busy grinding. LOVE the fact that i got exp bonus just for showing up. Good call, the right call. Ofc i know it's about server performance but i still appreciate not missing out on exp buff for not celebrating these in game holidays. Wunderbar!
Edited by ClowdyAllDay on December 28, 2023 9:02AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭
    that thread is about breads mug specifically.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

That’s a thread for people to complain about something they haven’t lost. We can still use the mug whenever we feel like, but because we aren’t forced to there are a surprising number of people who feel something was taken away from them.

This thread is for appreciating the change to blanket xp gain without having to participate in the event.

I agree with OP and appreciate this change. It’s nice for pvpers to get the bonus full time without having to leave cyrodiil to use the mug over and over. No more going without bonus xp to avoid having to wait in the queue again.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭
    honestly i hadnt seen it.

I just appreciate something ZOS did that i like. It's worth noting.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see how many players might appreciate not having to keep and eye on the XP buff and not having to keep in mind that it could not be refreshed in Cyro.

Personally I preferred how it was before due to the fact that we could 'bank' the XP buff but hey, you win some, you lose some.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i hadnt seen it.

I just appreciate something ZOS did that i like. It's worth noting.

They did this for a couple of reasons:
    - to reduce database space needed for less server load aka better performance
    - to prevent people from "saving" the bonus
    - to make it easier for everyone to use while still keeping the option to use the memento

It's all coming together and for being such a small change it's making everything right (Yes, i'm against saving the bonus for "later".). Indeed very well done ZOS.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

That’s a thread for people to complain about something they haven’t lost. We can still use the mug whenever we feel like, but because we aren’t forced to there are a surprising number of people who feel something was taken away from them.

When they invent fusion engines for cars that never run out of fuel, these are the people who will be demanding that we still stop at a gas station every few hours and mimic putting gas in the tank, because that added so much flavor to the driving experience. ;)

• shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Appreciate the passive bonus very much. Besides being much more convenient, I never liked the the animation of having to "drink" alcohol.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

When they invent fusion engines for cars that never run out of fuel, these are the people who will be demanding that we still stop at a gas station every few hours and mimic putting gas in the tank, because that added so much flavor to the driving experience. ;)

This is my favorite post of the week! 😂
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether you're in favour of the change or not, there's no excuse for the XP bonus not being documented anywhere - including on your buffs status.
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Whether you're in favour of the change or not, there's no excuse for the XP bonus not being documented anywhere - including on your buffs status.

This. Absolutely this.
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭
    I can def see it in the daily rN dungeon reward points before queueing up for that.
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah huge improvement

Although they should add a line to the character screen because in the beginning I wasn’t sure how it worked if I didn’t use the memento.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can def see it in the daily rN dungeon reward points before queueing up for that.

Not everyone uses the dungeon finder so they don't see that, especially new lower level characters.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

That's a 2 weeks in a row streak then :p
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I really appreciate the 2x XP event as well. I can still enjoy the drinking animation from the mug.

On console I’ve been able to get 2 new toons to 50 so they can get the CP from my restored main.

I bought an account on PC and I’ve been able to get one toon to 40 today, should be 50 soon. Should have enough time to get my other to 50 as well. This is a completely new account though, going to take time to get leveled like on console.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

zos knows so we'll probably see it in update 41 for Jester's Festival and events beyond that
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the lack of indicator noting the XP boost might be ZOS trying this new feature, seeing how it works, before committing to adding an indicator. If it works well, performance wise, then they will probably make it a permanent feature for all events and add an indicator... if it doesn't add any performance improvements, then they will probably return to the previous method of XP boosts for events.
    CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****