Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Future contents

yadibroz
yadibroz
✭✭✭
Who agree that We need more classes,more weapons, rework warden and necromancer,increase players damage on pve only,fix pvp and a fourth skill tree?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of that, all I agree with is buff necro (not rework— buff) and fix pvp.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

Same here, although I wouldn't mind additional classes.

Definitely against increased PvE dmg tho. If you build well, it's already next to obscene atm.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really none of it except fix pvp and another class or so. Don't need more pve damage, as Braffin said!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand that PvPers want some attention, the rest is of no particular interest to me.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i would rather we get more skill lines instead of new classes so all my characters can use new skills
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭
    Balance the classes in pve. Arcanists are way too overpowered in comparison.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »

Definitely against increased PvE dmg tho. If you build well, it's already next to obscene atm.

Yea like not everyone can get a good build so giving everyone more buff damage will help.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Really none of it except fix pvp and another class or so. Don't need more pve damage, as Braffin said!

Why not, is necessary for solo in pve
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I can understand that PvPers want some attention, the rest is of no particular interest to me.

True like 70% of us don't care about pvp, it feel it fit for pve only
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    i would rather we get more skill lines instead of new classes so all my characters can use new skills

Yea that what I say a fourth tree
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »

Why not, is necessary for solo in pve

*rolls eyes*

I'm a very low player on the pve totem pole. Right now, I don't have any problem killing anything up to and including delve bosses.

If you're talking solely about group content.... well, I don't know about that, because it's not of any interest to me. So you should frame your post more precisley with regards to the parameters you're addressing.
    Edited by TaSheen on December 25, 2023 4:19AM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭
    I want the PvE damage to be balanced, but I don't want it to be nerfed. I've put a lot of time and effort into my build, I WANT to feel super powerful. If you guys wanna take forever smacking mobs, just do it naked. I want to feel like the savior of Tamriel, not some generic city guard.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yea like not everyone can get a good build so giving everyone more buff damage will help.

Of course everyone can get a good build. They are not really gatekept. Almost everything is obtainable in normal mode.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I think of content I think of something that is is something meaningful I can play through. Adding a new class, weapon line, et all, does nothing to give me something real to do. It just give me something where I can do the same thing I have already done again.

That is boring.

As for the items suggested. We know we will get more classes just as much as we know Zenimax will not dump a bunch of classes on us all at once. We also know that we will have changes made to all classes including Warden and Necro just as much as we know not everyone will be happy with the changes that will be made.

As for increasing damage in PvE. Last time I checked the most challenging content is being cleared which illustrates we can put out enough damage. As the post before me states, balancing that damage across the classes would be nice.

Oh, a 4th skill line is almost as likely as getting a sixth-skill slot.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    When I think of content I think of something that is is something meaningful I can play through. Adding a new class, weapon line, et all, does nothing to give me something real to do. It just give me something where I can do the same thing I have already done again.

That is boring.

As for the items suggested. We know we will get more classes just as much as we know Zenimax will not dump a bunch of classes on us all at once. We also know that we will have changes made to all classes including Warden and Necro just as much as we know not everyone will be happy with the changes that will be made.

As for increasing damage in PvE. Last time I checked the most challenging content is being cleared which illustrates we can put out enough damage. As the post before me states, balancing that damage across the classes would be nice.

Oh, a 4th skill line is almost as likely as getting a sixth-skill slot.

New weapons is necessary like crossbow,spear, many elements staff such as water,wind.
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    New weapons over new classes at this point.

Fix PvP, as in actually take 5 minutes to make battle spirit changes (80% reduced damage, 90% reduced heals/shields is a start; add in 50% reduced block mitigation, 50% reduced dodge timeframe). Make NB cloak non detectable by damage, reduce other detect effects power, but then give it its own limitations like ramping cost in combat, cloak confine to area on use, reduced movespeed while cloaked, something to prevent it from being OP countered by OP as it is currently....
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

fourth of what?
    if a fourth class skill line would be awesome.

though i am referring to any kind of skill line.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

fourth of what?
    if a fourth class skill line would be awesome.

though i am referring to any kind of skill line.

Yea I mean another skill tree line would make all classes feel refreshing.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    JerBearESO wrote: »
    New weapons over new classes at this point.

Fix PvP, as in actually take 5 minutes to make battle spirit changes (80% reduced damage, 90% reduced heals/shields is a start; add in 50% reduced block mitigation, 50% reduced dodge timeframe). Make NB cloak non detectable by damage, reduce other detect effects power, but then give it its own limitations like ramping cost in combat, cloak confine to area on use, reduced movespeed while cloaked, something to prevent it from being OP countered by OP as it is currently....

I do agree with you, new weapons is a must now over more sets
  • Eyr0n
    Eyr0n
    Soul Shriven

I dont agree with you.. without having to farm the top meta build you can get good enough damage (80k-100k) to clear most content of the game content (exluding vet trials hardmodes) ...
    What will really make the difference is to practice weaving, practice your rotation, knowing the mechanics ..

If you need a base build Im sure you can ask in your guilds and some will be happy to craft you a basic setup such as : julianos + orders wrath for example and help you get a monster set
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Eyr0n wrote: »

I dont agree with you.. without having to farm the top meta build you can get good enough damage (80k-100k) to clear most content of the game content (exluding vet trials hardmodes) ...
    What will really make the difference is to practice weaving, practice your rotation, knowing the mechanics ..

If you need a base build Im sure you can ask in your guilds and some will be happy to craft you a basic setup such as : julianos + orders wrath for example and help you get a monster set

Order yes but julianos no, it suck but still not enough to be strong for trial
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

That is boring.

It appears (to me at least) that you are thinking like a developer, not a customer/player.

The avatar/charcter is the interface to the content of the game. ESO is designed heavily around replayable content, its literally baked into the core design of the game. I find it interesting you use the word "boring" to describe replayable content when ESO makes prodigious use of replayable content, vs lets say World of Warcraft where your character is useless at the start of a new expansion and where creating a new class is often the driving force behind a customer choosing to engage/play the game before a new expansion release. Creating a new character based on a new class is literally the player chosing to play through old content.

Can playing through old content get mundane? Sure, but we do it daily, heck hourly in ESO so the idea of old content being "boring" does not fly with me.

ESO is also a HEAVY alt played game. One of the reasons to create a new alt is to create a new avatar or interface to the game to experience the replayable content in a new way. New classes are most likely the greatest driving force behind a player making an alt.

And alts make zenimax massive amounts of money. Alts drive crown crate sales for players trying to get that perfect mount to theme with their new class, along with outfits, pets, customizable actions, etc etc etc.

If I had to hazard a guess, zenimax prefers to create new "content" (not referring to classes) because creating a new zone based on copy paste mechanics from other zones (which has been the case for years) is easier and less expensive to create than a new class.

The answer, is both. Zenimax should continue creating new zones. stories and "playable" content AND keep creating new classes and even skill lines although I personally prefer classes because I like class fantasy and weapons do not really do much in that regard. However that being said as someone who only plays magicka classes, the destruction staff is extremely long in the tooth for ranged magicka engagement and it makes me long to play something new and fun because playing the destruction staff is just more of the same regardless of the class.

I personally am much more likely to continue playing the game if I can interface to the game with a new never played before class. Not that new content is not important, it absolutely is. But like I said before, the correct answer is that zenimax should invest in both new playable content and new classes.

The arcanist is one of the best classes Zenimax has created. I'd hate to see them not continue on that trend. I'd love to see what the team can come up with.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want the PvP moved to a oblivion world with new mechanics and systems so current Cryrodiil can be rebuilt into more detailed zones.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KS_Amt38 wrote: »
    Balance the classes in pve. Arcanists are way too overpowered in comparison.

mag sorc is parsing at 145k+++++ arcanists reach 130k. dk, nightblade also has higher parses than arcanist.

Edited by francesinhalover on December 31, 2023 5:15PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    I just want the PvP moved to a oblivion world with new mechanics and systems so current Cryrodiil can be rebuilt into more detailed zones.

If we don't get new chance and a fourth skill tree and classes and rework and new weapons and pvp change in 2024 then eso is over.
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno the producers letter pretty much said that he focus was going to be more Vet game pursuits like Trails and PVP

I mean yeah the whole "commitment to story" speil was just a preface to tell us next year is going to be about end game, that was obvious I think...

It's Zenimax game they can do whatever they want...I just know a lot of folks who will be playing other games if the focus of the next year is going to be PVP and Raiding ...I'm not saying this with malice...Trails & PVP just aren't many players thing and I don't want to wait a year or more until ZoS decides to do more with primary game play...

Thankfully we will have a lot to choose from.

Edited by Warhawke_80 on December 31, 2023 7:09PM
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dunno the producers letter pretty much said that he focus was going to be more Vet game pursuits like Trails and PVP

I mean yeah the whole "commitment to story" speil was just a preface to tell us next year is going to be about end game, that was obvious I think...

It's Zenimax game they can do whatever they want...I just know a lot of folks who will be playing other games if the focus of the next year is going to be PVP and Raiding ...I'm not saying this with malice...Trails & PVP just aren't many players thing and I don't want to wait a year or more until ZoS decides to do more with primary game play...

Could you please quote where exactly PvP was mentioned in the respective letter?

Because silly me couldn't find it.
    ---
  • TheMessengerOfDeath
    Who agree that We need more classes,more weapons, rework warden and necromancer,increase players damage on pve only,fix pvp and a fourth skill tree?

Classes - Warden & Necro will never see the light of day again in pve dps the arcanist will also join them once they believe everybody who is going to buy it for the class has bought it. Then it will be nerfed into the ground and everybody will resort back to the 4 base classes once again.

Weapons - Would be awesome to have more options for weapons but knowing zos the only thing we would MAYBE get is weapon skins like Two handed weapons look like polearms or whatever.

Fourth skill tree - Zos has made 3 skill lines per class that serve as DPS, Healer and tank respectively the 3 newer classes have also pretty much solidified that much is true. So in my eyes zos will and would only touch those with minor changes if any at all. To them 3 skill lines is enough and can be tweaked if needed. I wish we would get a 4th skill line but we all know that will not happen.

pvp- Im more amazed you were allowed to type pvp and not be banned from the forums.
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭

Could you please quote where exactly PvP was mentioned in the respective letter?

Because silly me couldn't find it.

No need to be snide...I have freely admitted before (and I should have said that in my post I guess..) that is my particular interpretation of the letter, and I still don't think I'm wrong...

Edited by Warhawke_80 on December 31, 2023 9:06PM
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné