Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Next chapter Race theme ?

r34lian
r34lian
✭✭✭✭✭
which race do you guys think will be theme for next chapter ? I'd love to see a proper Redguard theme based chapter.
So far we have
  1. Orsinium --> Orc
  2. Imperial City --> Imperial
  3. Vardenfell --> Dunmer
  4. Clockwork City --> Dunmer
  5. Theives Guild --> Redguard
  6. DarkBrotherHood --> Imperial
  7. Summerset --> Altmer
  8. Elsweyr --> Khajit
  9. Dragonhold --> Khajit
  10. Murkmire --> Argonian
  11. Blackwood --> Argonian
  12. Fargrave --> Daedric
  13. WesternSkyrim --> Nords
  14. Markarth --> Breton
  15. HighIsle --> Breton
  16. FireSong --> Breton
  17. Apocrypha --> Dunmer
2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer to see another Khajiit related chapter, with new Khajiit we can pick at creation at least Dagi-Raht and Pahmar-Raht.

It would also be fun to add Senche-Raht as a permanent Werewolf style (so once converted is permanently on) for other Khajiit with it's own unique combat melee style.

All these exist in game right now to some extend and would print more money than any other chapter ZOS has in mind.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer to see another Khajiit related chapter, with new Khajiit we can pick at creation at least Dagi-Raht and Pahmar-Raht.

It would also be fun to add Senche-Raht as a permanent Werewolf style (so once converted is permanently on) for other Khajiit with it's own unique combat melee style.

All these exist in game right now to some extend and would print more money than any other chapter ZOS has in mind.

It seems unlikely that any Khajiiti which don't have a basic humanoid form will ever be added as a playable character option, as their form would be too incompatible with things like gear-- especially armor-- riding on mounts, and so forth. The amount of changes that would be needed to make it "work" would probably be too intensive to justify. Which is not to say it wouldn't be very cool-- just very unlikely.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking at the list its time the wood elves got something (I dont have a wood elf but they dont seem to have had anything outside base game)
    Soupy twist
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what race the next chapter will be about.
    But, I would like to see Bosmer or Orc. After Legacy of the Bretons, I do not want to see what would happen to a Redguard story.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the time is right for the wood elves.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both Imperial and Bosmer.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the main region choice was Imperial, as…
    Lyris alluded to that fact at the end of The Reach storyline, saying that she was heading to Skingrad
    …we’re approaching the tenth anniversary of the game, and the game was originally designed around Cyrodiil.

With each Expansion as of late, we’ve had a second major area attached to them, either from Q4 like The Deadlands for Blackwood or Galen for High Isle, or built into the chapter like Greymoor’s caverns and Necrom’s Apocrypha. I would imagine that Falinesti could work as that secondary region seeing how it’s constantly moving.

I would have also guessed Redguard because we haven’t received anything for them since Thieves Guild, but we’ve already had a major “expansion” for them in the form of Craglorn. My bet is that a Redguard themed expansion will be 2025’s chapter, as it will coincide with console’s 10 year anniversary, and hopefully that will bring more stamina skills into the game, as I have a creeping suspicion that we’re going to have a magicka focus for 2024.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i would like to see a bosmeri chapter on the islands south of Valenwood,
    but i don't believe that'll happen next year.

a redguard chapter would be fun to see in the future too.
    this book Demands of the Painted Eye mentions several places that could be future chapter locations as it includes Necrom.
    it also has Whiterun, Skingrad, Cespar, and the covenant Madding Wind Prison.
    Cespar is a Redguard island so possibly a future chapter/dlc.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Demands_of_the_Painted_Eye

also only Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, Greymoor, Blackwood, High isle, and Necrom are chapters.
    the others are just dlc, though Orsinium is seen by some as an unofficial chapter zero as it has nearly everything chapters have except it has an arena instead of a trial.

Markarth is Reachfolk, not Breton.
    Blackwood is Argonian and imperial.
    Necrom(Apocrypha) is Dunmer and Daedric.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the 10th Birthday?

Imperial. Colovia or Nibenay. Possibly both.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *cries in Bosmer*
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »
    which race do you guys think will be theme for next chapter ? I'd love to see a proper Redguard theme based chapter.

What if the next Chapter introduces a new Race?
    Edited by Elsonso on December 23, 2023 3:35PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »
    So far we have
    1. Orsinium --> Orc
    2. Imperial City --> Imperial
    3. Vardenfell --> Dunmer
    4. Clockwork City --> Dunmer
    5. Theives Guild --> Redguard
    6. DarkBrotherHood --> Imperial
    7. Summerset --> Altmer
    8. Elsweyr --> Khajit
    9. Dragonhold --> Khajit
    10. Murkmire --> Argonian
    11. Blackwood --> Argonian
    12. Fargrave --> Daedric
    13. WesternSkyrim --> Nords
    14. Markarth --> Breton
    15. HighIsle --> Breton
    16. FireSong --> Breton
    17. Apocrypha --> Dunmer
    • Imperial City --> Imperial Daedric
    • Thieves Guild --> Redguard Thieves Guild
    • DarkBrotherHood --> Imperial Dark Brotherhood
    • Blackwood --> Argonian Daedric with a little argonian/imperial decoration.
    • Markarth --> Breton Reachfolk
    • Apocrypha --> Dunmer Daedric. Is this supposed to be Necrom? Because that's a lot of daedric with a little dunmer.
    I want either: Bosmer, a proper imperial chapter that actually focuses on them, or Redguard.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on December 23, 2023 6:08PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're probably be betting on last TES games success on anniversary so imperial, dunmer and nord would be safest bet for popularity. Cyro and Solstheim would make sense. As much as people want bosmer content they're far from popular same as argonians, or orcs imo.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d love Winterhold or something Redguard.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguards and wood elves need some this
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winterhold, the Pale, Whiterun.

As far as race - maybe bosmer
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this next year is year 2 of a (probable) 3 year "story arc" similar to the Daedric War arc, and since the overarching title is "Shadow over Morrowind", I'm not sure why anyone thinks it will be something besides more of Morrowind? Plus daedra of course.... and Dunmer....

[Edited: failed punctuation]
    Edited by TaSheen on December 23, 2023 10:00PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Since this next year is year 2 of a (probable) 3 year "story arc" similar to the Daedric War arc, and since the overarching title is "Shadow over Morrowind", I'm not sure why anyone thinks it will be something besides more of Morrowind? Plus daedra of course.... and Dunmer....

Because the year long stories is over and they have gone back to closer how it used to be. You know the "overarching" story that took place in Morrowind, Clockwork, and Summerset. Which are definitely not the same.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... They could claim that the Morrowind part is done, right?

I expect that the next Chapter will be split between Tamriel and Oblivion, again. They said they like to do the Daedric Planes where it is open for whatever interpretation they want. TES 4 briefly ventured into The Pits, but that place is largely unexplored, and that makes it prime real estate for ZOS. ESO has already been to Quagmire, but they could go back.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the year long stories is over and they have gone back to closer how it used to be. You know the "overarching" story that took place in Morrowind, Clockwork, and Summerset. Which are definitely not the same.

Ah, yes. That's what the Daedric War arc is, which is what I addressed: year 2 of a (probable) 3 year "story arc".
    Elsonso wrote: »

Well... They could claim that the Morrowind part is done, right?

I expect that the next Chapter will be split between Tamriel and Oblivion, again. They said they like to do the Daedric Planes where it is open for whatever interpretation they want. TES 4 briefly ventured into The Pits, but that place is largely unexplored, and that makes it prime real estate for ZOS. ESO has already been to Quagmire, but they could go back.

Possibly - I can't remember what I heard that gave me the impression that the new "story arc" like the Daedric War arc was titled "Shadow over Morrowind".

Maybe because the Daedric War Arc's chapters were Zone names, y'know? Like "Necrom"?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt count markarth as breton
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I wouldnt count markarth as breton

Yeah, weird. I dunno - something to do with Reachmen being munged Nedes and whatever elven? Beats me.....

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably humans of some variety :sleeping:
    So I hope that I am pleasantly surprised! :D
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭
    reachmen are bretons though...
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭
    they just goblinized bretons?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reachmen are bretons though...
    they just goblinized bretons?

They are not. Reachfolk varies, but many of them originate from the Nedic tribes that existed in that area. Other races has been mixed into some tribes over the ages, but they are their own thing. Bretons originate from Nedic tribes that got interbred with at the time Aldmer (now altmer), of the Direnni clan/house.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's going to be in skingrad area, I'm calling it now.
    So that's imperial I guess. Bonus prediction: spell crafting
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has to be either Redguard, Imperial or Bosmer since they're the only ones without proper expansions. Maybe orc as well since orsinium was so long ago.

Personally I'd like more Khajiit stuff but I'm a bit biased.
    Edited by Cerbolt on December 24, 2023 4:08PM
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cerbolt wrote: »
    It has to be either Redguard, Imperial or Bosmer since they're the only ones without proper expansions. Maybe orc as well since orsinium was so long ago.

Personally I'd like more Khajiit stuff but I'm a bit biased.

Based on the number of Dunmer oriented chapters, I don't think they decide on stories based on balancing races.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 24, 2023 8:14PM
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See this

"Next year will kick off with a Global Reveal show in January, and we are excited to continue the story from last year but in a different part of Tamriel."

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    See this

"Next year will kick off with a Global Reveal show in January, and we are excited to continue the story from last year but in a different part of Tamriel."

I never look at the website so I didn't see that. That makes me marginally more hopeful that it won't be more Dunmer....