Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Forum feedback still needed?

Bo0137
Bo0137
✭✭✭✭
I remember answering the feedback survey some time ago.

Only now I realise: the Forums layout and/or typography makes you want to read and engage less. Specially compared to Reddit's. (I'm using a Google Chrome browser on a Windows on both experiences).

I open the forums on a daily basis and when I browse it I immediately lose interest in digging more content.

I can't tell exactly what it is. It feels like you are not compelled to read stuff here in the official forums. Maybe the text size is too small. I also believe the margins on the page are way too wide. And there's too much focus on the user, rather than the text itself (the profile picture, the "stars", the name, the signature are too big compared to what they actually have to say).

When I get into Reddit, specially ESO's Reddit page, I feel wanting to reading more and engaging more. I believe this is due to the platform making the comments the main focus, rather than other elements, like margins, profile pictures, signatures.

Do you also feel the same, even if not comparing to Reddit?
-On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using mobile. ESO forums are better on mobile imo because it's more comment focused. You cannot even see the signatures
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't. I wouldn't use reddit if it was the only forum/platform available.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....