Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays

wrrn519_ESO
wrrn519_ESO
✭✭✭
A big happy new life festival cheer to all of you!! What will be your most enjoyed festival quest????
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    my favourite New Life Festival quests are Snow Bear Plunge and Stonetooth Bash.

edit:
    a happy New Life Festival cheer to you too :3

i cannot wait for the festival to begin.
    what's your favourite New Life Festival quest?
    Edited by LunaFlora on December 18, 2023 6:31PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • centime
    centime
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, @wrrn519_ESO! Happy holidays to you, and to everyone else as well.

This will be my first New Life Festival (began playing April of this year), so no idea what quest I will enjoy most. But I am looking forward to it and plan to take part in everything I can.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Eye of Magnus is always upon us.

For celebrations, Snow Bear Plunge and Mud Ball Merriment are the ones I like the most.

For Snow Bear, my personal challenge is to do the entire thing before the "Freezing" wears off. That is a lot easier with the speed buffs out there, now.

For Mud Ball, I try to get other players in Skywatch without them getting me back, and I always try to return the favor if someone gets me first. :wink:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Life and New Year to you all! :blush:
    I also like the Snow Bear plunge, but also the Signal Fire Sprint and Old Life Remembrance for the story and meaning behind them.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Holidays to you, whichever of them you keep - and Happy New Life too!

Snow Bear Plunge and Old Life Remembrance... seeing the ghostly figures at the shrines gives me a catch in the throat and tears in my eyes.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Life! 😄

I like the mudball quest. I always try to hit the guy in the back, since I feel like the ambassadors in the front get hit more often just be virtue of being closest to the door. 🙃 Must share the mudballs equally!

I’ve not had good luck getting named characters at the Old Life Shrine. 🤔
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Life! 😄

I like the mudball quest. I always try to hit the guy in the back, since I feel like the ambassadors in the front get hit more often just be virtue of being closest to the door. 🙃 Must share the mudballs equally!

I’ve not had good luck getting named characters at the Old Life Shrine. 🤔

I *think* I've seen most of them at least once. But even the unnamed ones get to me....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    anything but the fishing quest lol

its horrible when trying to get fish and theres 20+ people fishing at each hole and it runs out after 1 cast

which is exactly why i prefer fishing alone than with other people lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its horrible when trying to get fish and theres 20+ people fishing at each hole and it runs out after 1 cast

If I really want to do that one, I'll buy the fish from a guild store - last year I bought 15 of each for about 100 gold total. Toward the end of the event they get pretty cheap. I always keep some in the bank....

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

If I really want to do that one, I'll buy the fish from a guild store - last year I bought 15 of each for about 100 gold total. Toward the end of the event they get pretty cheap. I always keep some in the bank....

i think i usually just do the old life festival quest since they added it, much much quicker and faster than the others lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Life to everyone!

I'm not sure which New Life quest is my absolute favorite, because I enjoy them all-- yes, even the fishing quest. :) The Snow Bear Plunge is definitely one of my favorites, and the mudball quest is another favorite, but I also enjoy the dancing quest and the Castle Charm quest.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Happy holidays everyone, may your days in (and outside of) ESO be filled with light, joy, laughter, health, and much much love!
    Edited by Sarannah on December 18, 2023 9:53PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Life and happy holidays! My favourite quest is the snow bear plunge, I love the diving animation, it's really funny and cute, and there's something endearing about the Vestige trying to warm up by the fire afterwards.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    I think the Trial of Five-Clawed Guile is my favorite.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For that one I just hold on to extras and stash them away for the next year at the end of the event. Gentle-Heart doesn’t seem to mind that they’re a bit ripe at this point…
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For that one I just hold on to extras and stash them away for the next year at the end of the event. Gentle-Heart doesn’t seem to mind that they’re a bit ripe at this point…

I love to fish.... but not during the event. So.... yeah.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. I tend to stock up and then use the fish from my bank until I run out.

The fishing spots are a little out of the way. Not terribly so, but enough that I won't be wanting to run out there every time the quest pops up.

On console, I always take and drop until I get another one, or just wait for the next day. The "feel" of locks is different between PC and XBox. I can do the quest on PC, but the difference throws me off on XBox. The only time I will force myself to do it on XBox is for a character that has not done it at least once. After that, I don't do it again.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Same here. I tend to stock up and then use the fish from my bank until I run out.

The fishing spots are a little out of the way. Not terribly so, but enough that I won't be wanting to run out there every time the quest pops up.

On console, I always take and drop until I get another one, or just wait for the next day. The "feel" of locks is different between PC and XBox. I can do the quest on PC, but the difference throws me off on XBox. The only time I will force myself to do it on XBox is for a character that has not done it at least once. After that, I don't do it again.

Satellite lag means that anything "timed" in a serious way (like Five-Clawed Guile or the Bergama run one) is just impossible. Good thing I don't give a rat's patoot about achievements.

• Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Life! My favorite one is Old Life Remembrance 😊
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas and many blessings to you as well.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Satellite lag means that anything "timed" in a serious way (like Five-Clawed Guile or the Bergama run one) is just impossible. Good thing I don't give a rat's patoot about achievements.

i dont remember if you can, but im pretty sure force lock works on those chests, since they are basically normal treasure chests

the achievement timer i think is 35 sec, which is a huge amount of time if you force the locks
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont remember if you can, but im pretty sure force lock works on those chests, since they are basically normal treasure chests

the achievement timer i think is 35 sec, which is a huge amount of time if you force the locks

It didn't even occur to me to try that. I have fun with the lockpick mini game, so I just never bother with forcing.... I'll give that a try this year!

• Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
    THIS IS THE WAY!!!
    I HAVE SPOKEN!!!
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭
    merry chrisquanakaeidstice?

i don't celebrate any of them but you know, you do you i guess.
  • Yas78
    Yas78
    ✭✭
    Merry Scamfest I'd say.
    Didnt know I can buy patterns from NPC for 150 gold, bought for 15k gold from guid vendor.
    Nice celebration, indeed. Not for me, apparently.
    This is fn last time I participate in these "events", if the community is ok with scamming other players, well, that says alot about the community.