Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What's the number one thing you think ESO is in dire need of?

FelisCatus
FelisCatus
✭✭✭✭
For me it is either re-texturing of all old textures to get them inline with new zones/motifs or ability to change class.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would want neither of those! As if they mess up the old zones it would hit the game hard, and I do not want class change to exist for various reasons.

But I do want ZOS to fix the groupfinder and remove fake roles/speedrunners. So the MMO part of the game becomes playable again. And I would want ZOS to remove the DPS gap somehow, without destroying the unique combat system ESO has.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally improving performance.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think that the ability to change class would harm anyone — it would be an additional option. That said, I don’t think I would place it as the #1 thing ESO needs.

The dungeon finder needs to be fixed as it has been seriously bugged of late, worse than I’ve experienced before.

I don’t think group finder needs to be changed as people can select whether they want to do a story run, speed run, enforce roles or not. I haven’t used it a lot yet, but one day I was feeling brave and organized a PUG trial run and it went quite well all things considered!

As for the DPS gap, there are now multiple tools in place to reach higher numbers — Oakensoul one bar builds, heavy attack builds, the Velothi Amulet. There should always be some reward for putting extra effort into your build and especially into learning the game. I say this even as someone who is occasionally frustrated with their own performance feeling always mid-tier (I have yet to parse higher than ~70k on a trial dummy).

So, what can I propose for the next people to disagree with? :lol: I think, broadly, further customization of our characters, which might include new model options, customization options for abilities or new morphs, give people new ways to look and play their characters — if they want. :)

The other major thing is fixing aspects that impair functionality — aspects of PVP, dungeon finder, when attacks, blocks, or being in combat are bugged.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see them fix older content, instead of releasing new content with new bugs. Castle Thorn's boss fight has been bugged since that dungeon released and no fix has ever been forthcoming. It took ages to get the perfecta because people in my group were constantly hit with the invisible circle bug. There's also the Indrik boss fight in March of Sacrifices where there is the flawless hunt achievement for never being seen in the hunt phase of the fight. It's pretty hard to do that when you can't crouch over and over again. Little bugs like this really mar content and it's a shame that they have better things to do than fix broken content.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A change to the dungeon queue, where you can choose either standard (H,T, 2DDs) or 4 players (any roles).

A toggle for guild stores where you can choose learned/unknown motifs, recipes etc
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the options to hide tassets and loincloths on outfit styles(usually chests) and costumes would be awesome :)

ability to change class as a class change token would be amazing too.

more houses that are purchaseable with gold,
    a few staple and classic houses in chapter zones would be awesome.
    for example
    - a little high isle home similar to Erlibru's cottage in isobel veloise's intro quest.
    - a druidic hut with a small garden as a staple house.
    - a little elsweyr house like we can see in black heights and riverhold.

more categories for appearance collectibles or the ability to use more than one at the same time like lipstick and eye colour head markings both instead of one of them.

options to turn off flashing effects or make them go way slower would be great too.
    - like the white flash from hardmode scrolls and certain quests.
    - arcanist strobing from the beams and the tide king ultimate.
    - prior thierric arms pack flash when you grab a weapon from it.
    - lightning effects
    - being able to turn off mount effects
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quality standards.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing I particularly want or need, the game is fine as it is for me, in fact I'd be happy for it to remain in its present form entirely other than for any bug and performance issues that people experience being addressed and the usual DLC/chapter additions to the main content being added.

As for more substantial changes to existing game structures, if there are any then I hope they'll be fully optional unlike say the achievement changes in the past.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    There's nothing I particularly want or need, the game is fine as it is for me, in fact I'd be happy for it to remain in its present form entirely other than for any bug and performance issues that people experience being addressed and the usual DLC/chapter additions to the main content being added.

As for more substantial changes to existing game structures, if there are any then I hope they'll be fully optional unlike say the achievement changes in the past.

Makes two of us. Hey, marginally better than being the usual minority of one!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    underwater content! diving, swimming under water and exploration under water!
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dedicated PvP dev and more server resources for Cyrodiil. ESO used to have these things and at some point ZOS decided to stop making the investment.

Edited by GooGa592 on December 17, 2023 10:59PM
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Separate balance for PvP and PvE (I know this will probably never happen).
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quality Assurance.

Not that this is U40 specific, it is a long habbit serious game-breaking bugs are not fixed for months,
    if fixes applied, they tend to re-emerge with later updates.

In my understanding bugs like Zhaj'hassa the Forgotten pillars in Infinite Archive which immediately collapse or appear not to protect player should not make theirs way to PTS, but being identified and fixed on the phase of internal testing before PTS.
    Then, after formal testing the bugs go PTS, then they go live and many of them are not confirmed by Zenimax,
    as developers are not interested in quality and have no man-hours to fix the game-breaking bugs which went live.

Good resource management shall plan enough paid man-hours to detect and fix bugs, also confirmation and ETA,
    nothing of these are the thing in ESO. Of course, all players are different and many players just got used to live with that,
    though playing against bugs and lags, instead playing versus mechanics and other players is, in my opinion, a very wrong feature.
    PC EU
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lighter the armor, the higher the DPS. PERIOD. No more tank metas. No more Medium Armor actually giving better DPS TO MAGICA SPECS than Light Armor does.

I haven't liked much, if anything, they've done gameplay-wise in the last two or three years, but nothing has made me lose my taste for the game more than the quite literally indefensible notion that the glass cannon should do less damage than builds with more protection.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on December 17, 2023 11:46PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually listening to the PTS testers. If the players take the time to test your coming updates, for free sans rewards, they deserve to be listened to. Many bugs have gone to live after being reported on multiple times.

Edit to add: they did take out one phase of the EA, but it took a HUGE forum thread to get them to do it.
    Edited by Toxic_Hemlock on December 18, 2023 12:05AM
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total rethink of how new players are introduced to the game and how they navigate content. If the game can't address this, new players will not hang around. If new players don't hang around, well, the game will become ever more difficult to sustain.
    Edited by Northwold on December 18, 2023 12:37AM
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Would want neither of those! As if they mess up the old zones it would hit the game hard, and I do not want class change to exist for various reasons.

But I do want ZOS to fix the groupfinder and remove fake roles/speedrunners. So the MMO part of the game becomes playable again. And I would want ZOS to remove the DPS gap somehow, without destroying the unique combat system ESO has.

I on the other hand, want both of these. Also, big disagree on your second statement as the only way they reliably fix the issues of fake healer and fake tank is by assigning roles mandatorily to different classes based on certain stipulations, which would go against their "play however you want, whenever you want" mantra. I agree it's a problem, but it's not as easy as a fix as you think, and they bit themselves in the butt with how they designed classes as such.
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »

I personally don't experience many performance issues and would actually rather see them make big strides forward with the game by dropping support for last gen consoles and upping minimum requirements for PC
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think that the ability to change class would harm anyone — it would be an additional option. That said, I don’t think I would place it as the #1 thing ESO needs.

The dungeon finder needs to be fixed as it has been seriously bugged of late, worse than I’ve experienced before.

I don’t think group finder needs to be changed as people can select whether they want to do a story run, speed run, enforce roles or not. I haven’t used it a lot yet, but one day I was feeling brave and organized a PUG trial run and it went quite well all things considered!

As for the DPS gap, there are now multiple tools in place to reach higher numbers — Oakensoul one bar builds, heavy attack builds, the Velothi Amulet. There should always be some reward for putting extra effort into your build and especially into learning the game. I say this even as someone who is occasionally frustrated with their own performance feeling always mid-tier (I have yet to parse higher than ~70k on a trial dummy).

So, what can I propose for the next people to disagree with? :lol: I think, broadly, further customization of our characters, which might include new model options, customization options for abilities or new morphs, give people new ways to look and play their characters — if they want. :)

The other major thing is fixing aspects that impair functionality — aspects of PVP, dungeon finder, when attacks, blocks, or being in combat are bugged.

This is a great suggestion. Love all of this. And I totally agree - we now have more tools than ever to bridge the gap between new player DPS and experienced player DPS. Truly, I believe if you are still very seriously struggling with getting higher DPS, it is an experience and skill issue, because there are lots of set options that do a lot of the work for you (velothi decreases the need to be perfect with light attack weaving, oakensoul takes lots of thought out of build creation and rotation complexity, etc)
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Player Music... I am not sure how much I am allowed to mention here, but I used to play another game made by another company where the players could use abc files and play real music, not the standard few songs, but any song that had been converted to an abc file... and you knew how to play the proper instrument (My main was a minstrel and could play all of them) there was even a code that could be used so that a group of players could all play the same music at the same time (there are examples on YouTube)

I just think it would be awesome if we could do the same in ESO... but I suspect it will never happen, at least not in ESO.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »

I personally don't experience many performance issues and would actually rather see them make big strides forward with the game by dropping support for last gen consoles and upping minimum requirements for PC

I don't either but I have a very good PC - only issue I get is lag sometimes but that's usually because of my internet or cyrodiil servers being awful.
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd also like spell crafting and other weapon lines.
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    Player Music... I am not sure how much I am allowed to mention here, but I used to play another game made by another company where the players could use abc files and play real music, not the standard few songs, but any song that had been converted to an abc file... and you knew how to play the proper instrument (My main was a minstrel and could play all of them) there was even a code that could be used so that a group of players could all play the same music at the same time (there are examples on YouTube)

I just think it would be awesome if we could do the same in ESO... but I suspect it will never happen, at least not in ESO.

You could do this on Rust with some Midi programs.
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you're on a specific quest, there should be ONE arrow pointing to that quest and not multiple arrows pointing to EVERY single quest you have (of course in all different directions).

:/
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A change to the dungeon queue, where you can choose either standard (H,T, 2DDs) or 4 players (any roles).

A toggle for guild stores where you can choose learned/unknown motifs, recipes etc

I absolutely support this request. I am two furnishing plans away from having 100% completion for all recipe, motif chapter, and furnishing plan knowledge on my crafter, and it's been such a soul crushing time of scouring traders for unknown goodies.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭
    Graphics update
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it would say replayability improvements.

My interpretation of the letter from this year is ZOS is moving more towards more content like Infinite Archive.

In virtually every game I've played additions in one area mean resources get pulled from another.

My guess is that story content will be at around the level of this year or lower which isn't enough to really keep people busy for that long if it isn't very replayable.

Further, you also can run into the question if it's worth actually playing at all rather than just watching on youtube.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Permadeath servers
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • thegreeneso
    thegreeneso
    ✭✭✭
    I would really like to see new kinds of content. Endless Archive is a step in the right direction but I'd like some more casual content. I think it would be cool to see some large scale PvE content, especially if it was open world.

I'm also a big fan of the graphics update idea as there's a very big gap in texture quality between new and base game content. Base game zones, outfits and even animations would really benefit from an update.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    underwater content! diving, swimming under water and exploration under water!
    That, and also new skill lines.

Pyandonea is a continent, but why not some underwater exploration around it?
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want