Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Ember, you sicko...

MreeBiPolar
MreeBiPolar
✭✭✭✭
So today, one of the endeavors is, kill 4 people (i.e., non-enemies).

... So I Blade of Woe someone, and Ember says, in a very disappointed voice, "Is it ooover?.."

Yes, Ember, I know you would have preferred to tie them down and start by putting hot coals under their feet, but I have my eye on you.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I prefer Izzy
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Sharp... IMO Ember is the worst of the companions because of her childish nature and attitude.
    CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I prefer Sharp... IMO Ember is the worst of the companions because of her childish nature and attitude.

She is still my fav of all the companions so far, but I agree her mindset is sometimes off-putting.

Well, let me restate. I *DO* think initially her childishness nature fits very well. When we initially meet her she's street smart, but hasn't seen much else of the world or heavy combat, etc. The childishness makes sense to me then.

What would have been cool if the devs could have implemented it is have her responses and outlook mature over time.
    Like up to level 10 or 15 and then have a new set of responses and quips that would reflect she's maybe a bit older and more experienced.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Is it over? oohhh..." *sad kitty noises*

Granted she says that for any form of combat you're in, but she's still adorable.

Also you're the one that decided four random Souls needed to die just for 10 Seals, sooooo..
    Edited by ArchMikem on December 16, 2023 2:44PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    she even says that when i kill critters sometimes
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    “I want more! Who else can we smack around?” Made me lol.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems based on RL cats.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

... So I Blade of Woe someone, and Ember says, in a very disappointed voice, "Is it ooover?.."

Yes, Ember, I know you would have preferred to tie them down and start by putting hot coals under their feet, but I have my eye on you.

She's a cat. Cat's like to play with their prey before killing it.
    At least my cats do.
    Edited by francesinhalover on December 16, 2023 7:42PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She sounds more scared to me.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She's a cat. Cat's like to play with their prey before killing it.
    At least my cats do.
    Yes but she is not bringing home kills like cats tend to do.
    I found it cute, thanks Catty I like the sentiment but I don't really need a mouse or want one.
    People like my sister freaks out so hard I guess the poor cat get mental issues.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a companion that gets reputation for killing neutral NPC's. Change my mind.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

She sounds more scared to me.

Yes, it's like someone covering their eyes during something unpleasant.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Azandar's line when killing civilians: "Make better choices."
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss Ember. I am currently working on leveling Sharp and once he is leveled, I get to pull Ember back out.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    I want a companion that gets reputation for killing neutral NPC's. Change my mind.

With whom or what would you like it changed? I'm afraid selection very limited. We have an ardvaark and a rabid skunk available.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With whom or what would you like it changed? I'm afraid selection very limited. We have an ardvaark and a rabid skunk available.

I'll leave it to you, surprise me.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tenthirty2 wrote: »

She is still my fav of all the companions so far, but I agree her mindset is sometimes off-putting.

Well, let me restate. I *DO* think initially her childishness nature fits very well. When we initially meet her she's street smart, but hasn't seen much else of the world or heavy combat, etc. The childishness makes sense to me then.

What would have been cool if the devs could have implemented it is have her responses and outlook mature over time.
    Like up to level 10 or 15 and then have a new set of responses and quips that would reflect she's maybe a bit older and more experienced.

Actually, her mindset is kinda...

Let me put it this way. As I already said a few times, the questline where you get her as a companion, has "*S*H*E*O*G*O*R*A*T*H*" painted, dyed, stamped and branded all over it, then suddenly, nothing. None of her companion quests have any resemblance. But her whole behavior still does. That feels kinda like a major disconnect there.
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cats.
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭
    To me, Ember is the most fun companion. Her catlike "COWABUNGA!" personality is a nice change from half-scared Mirri and goody goody Bastian.
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭

I still think the werewolf girl from the Dark Brotherhood would have made a great companion.
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I myself am….strange and unusual
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's why she's the second best behind Sharp so far. Bastion is god awful.
  • autocookies
    autocookies
    ✭✭
    Jimbru wrote: »

I still think the werewolf girl from the Dark Brotherhood would have made a great companion.

Still not too late vamp and werewolf companions is "not off the table".

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/640997/concept-for-future-werewolf-vampire-companion-skill-lines#latest
    PC NA (Tank/DPS) - [PVE]
    Started ESO - Oct 2020

Necro Tank Main (Vampire) - But a Werewolf at heart.
    (Play/Used every class and tested nearly everything on necro to increase DPS without the use of potions)

[My toons]
    Necro: Tank + EC (100k+) Non-EC (110k+)
    Dragonknight: Tank + Zenkosh (90k+)
    Arcanist: Tank + DPS (100k+)
    Sorcerer: HA build + MK (100k+) Non-MK (115k+)
    Nightblade: SPC/PP Healer + DPS (100k+)
    Templar: SPC/PA Healer + Solo Werewolf
    Warden: ROJO Healer + Solo Ice Vampire

2024 - I am maintaining/improving damage on the ZenKosh, EC, and MK-Sorcerer for trials. ZenKosh is my focus struggling to get to 100k with an Argonian.
    Thank you,
    Autocookies
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

its one of her standard "ended combat" responses, has nothing to do with the blade of woe (you just get very very briefly put in combat with the blade of woe)

i think she does have some specific sayings related to the blade of woe, but im pretty sure its more of a "doesnt enjoy doing it but more out of necessity of survival" thing
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭
    Azander is worse, he starts cackling like a lunatic whenever I blade of woe someone.