Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

[POLL] Which Weapon/Skill Would YOU Like Added? The Future of ESO…

Xzysts
Xzysts
✭✭✭
Which of the following weapon/skill line would you like to see added in ESO? Weapons would follow suit with all current weapons in game… 5 skills, 1 Ult, craftable, researchable, etc. For Skill lines only, they could be used with any weapon as well as have 5 skills and 1 ult.
Edited by Xzysts on December 12, 2023 4:29PM
-Goblinu_ESO on YouTube

[POLL] Which Weapon/Skill Would YOU Like Added? The Future of ESO… 173 votes

Crossbow Weapon & Skill Line
4%
xosaara137oxTankHealz2015ValarMorghulis1896markywingsAzuraFanRedtrek524KisakeeKnightofGears 8 votes
Polearms Weapon and Skill Line (Think Spears and Halberds)
28%
MaddjujuSolarikenBowserSluggyCredible_JoekojouSorakaAuroranGoldenEagleCastagereMartoRGvolterraAlaztor91Tommy_The_GunSilverIce58Gotrim123JierdanitWildberryjackGiuliettaErhasNord_Raseri 50 votes
Flail Weapon and Skill Line
2%
phaneub17_ESOHapexamendiosOne_Bad_Bosmeredward_frigidhandsjlats 5 votes
Unarmed Weapon & Skill Line (Slottable Weapon would be like Brass Knuckles)
28%
Caligamy_ESOSuddwrathwookiefriseurAelorinAlienSlofphilips666_18b16_ESOiyxkadok00AvalonRangercyclonus11MrCray78Ra'ShtarAstironRebornV3xOhtimbarArchMikemRaddlemanNumber7meekmikoMAEKPurpleScroll 50 votes
Throwing Weapons & Skill Line (Throwing Knives and Throwing Stars)
4%
WhiteCoatSyndromeValionvibebornSunegamiLykeionMogliNotoriousBTK 7 votes
Conjuration Magic (Not a weapon just a new skill line)
19%
laurajfJames-WayneLolindaDestaiBo0137jad11mumblerTyharPsychpsych13Warbow7LikiLokiStarlight_KnightFabresFourRaptorRodeoGodsmackinhippiesAPGamingbmnobleSilverStreekdemonology89PixiepumpkinCast_El 33 votes
Destruction Magic (Not a weapon just a new skill line separate from the staff skill line)
8%
SheridanTannus15Enemy-of-ColdharbourADarkloreRupzSkoomaN3CR01DoversharkHoneyBunBadgersAmotticaHeavyESOTurtle_BotmetheglynHazierBlueZhuJiuyinÆxiled 15 votes
Restoration Magic (Not a weapon just a new skill line separate from the staff skill line)
2%
MelivarMindOfTheSwarmLady_GaladhielFeedbackOnlyVynera 5 votes
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »
    I'd like 1 hand & rune weapon and skill line. Would have selected "other" if available

Very true. Even just a one handed skill line would be good. I did not think of that.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    one handed and unarmed are my dream weapon skill lines.

more magic is also always nice.

any new weapons would likely require zos to retroactively make hundreds of different versions of the new weapon in all the different outfit styles, would be cool to get spears though if zos did that.

Oh yea 100%. I loved Unarmed in Skyrim. I honestly would take any new skill line.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No alteration or illusion weapon (staff) option? :o The game is screaming for one of those
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    No alteration or illusion weapon (staff) option? :o The game is screaming for one of those
    I was thinking about it, but couldn’t come up with an idea on how it would be incorporated. Either one of those would be cool also.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • KnightofGears
    I'd like to see a crossbow weapon and skill line, maybe it could be added along with a Dawnguard questline? They were founded in the Second Era from what I remember.
    A conjuration skill line also sounds fun if it would allow for more variety in summoned creatures.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a crossbow weapon and skill line, maybe it could be added along with a Dawnguard questline? They were founded in the Second Era from what I remember.
    A conjuration skill line also sounds fun if it would allow for more variety in summoned creatures.

Me too. I am torn between all the options I listed, but it would be so cool.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see those as well:

unarmed melee, unarmed magic, one handed plus magic, wands/talismans
    Edited by laniakea_0 on December 12, 2023 6:42PM
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see those Argonians in Murkmire using those spears…..if only
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe one of the polearm skills could have an animation like the old Templar skill.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daedric Crescents.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unarmed bcuz I think it would be fun to show up at a dragon fight with nothing but my fists of fury and naive optimism.

But honestly, I'd love to have ANY skill, weapon, ability, etc that actually FIRES when I press the key for it. <3

(I know, the second sentence is a bit OT, but I'm bitter and needed to vent a little.)
    Edited by Tenthirty2 on December 12, 2023 8:33PM
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Redtrek524
    Redtrek524
    ✭✭
    I voted for crossbows since they're my favorite, but everything listed should've been added by now. It ridiculous that the game is almost 10 years old now and we're still using the same limited weapons that we had at lauch.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of them personally. 1 hand and rune/tome would be the only thing I'd be interested in.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chakram(think Xena) - Which could be dual wield, ranged, 2H melee, 1H melee, and one handed+shield. All in one, as it is a very versatile weapon. And it would fit ESO as it is a very old, yet easy to forge, weapon.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conjuration Magic (Not a weapon just a new skill line)
    The next weapon should absolutely be magicka in theme and geared towards the caster archtype.

I would opt for rune weapons to keep with the current lore of the game. But I would like hand casting/spell books (arcanist KINDA does this) and maybe expand the weapon type lore.

I'd also like to see something like a blunderbuss implemented. I do not like new world, but I love their weapon types and how they play. The musket and blunderbuss are super fun.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unarmed/fisticuffs/fighter/monk skill lines.
    Punching and kicking skill lines.
    Godhand style, God's fist in your face.
    Godfoot style, God'd foot up your ass.
    Get divine punishment, now!
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i want a spearvhomqacokps5.gif
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dovahkiin , shout ability(s).Absorbing the soul of dragons. I could create an entire adventure on acquiring the skills. Story, role play and fun. Elder scrolls…way.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned this before in another post and I will mention it here. Anyone remember old Warlocks from WoW that used swords and as focus? I want that. I was a way to do melee types of damages with a focus on the side that would look awesome as you used your primary arm. I want to spend magicka to do bleed, disease, and poison type damage abilities. Also having an option for frost damage for a sword would be nice. And I realize that this would require them to add models for each and every existing style and styles to come for the foci which is why I am fine with it costing like $40-$60. Here are some cool phylacteries that they could use the concepts of. 6fvbsp9j8ft0.jpg
    u1b2uxs1sti3.png
    bwaf96wbtiyk.png
    gcg4b1fum9zb.png
    t9kjsu50miic.png

As you can see they can anything and the devs can get creative.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flail Weapon and Skill Line
    eaffb5f9315e43e6d69f67d43051bc08.jpg

Kusarigama or Chain Sickle - It's a Japanese weapon with a sickle in one hand connected to a chain and a hammer or weighted ball at the other end of the chain. Fanfic - An Akaviri weapon based on the serpent with a bladed weapon that represents the fanged head, a chain for the body, and a hammer for the tail. Technically its a two-handed weapon, but plays like dual-wielding weapons, and acts between a melee and a ranged weapon. Don't even have to create new weapon models beyond the default weapon, you apply any one-handed weapon appearance for either end individually.

Skill are dumb, click at your own risk.
    Skills
    Name: Serpent's Bite - Slash with your main hand weapon dealing physical damage, applies bleeding damage, immobilizing your target.
    Cast Time: Instant
    Range: 7 meters
    • Morph A
      Cast Time:
      Range:
    • Morph B
      Cast Time:
      Range:

Name: Hammer Swing - Swing the chain with your off-hand weapon in an arch in front of you dealing physical damage and applying 30% snare to all targets hit.
    Cast time: Instant
    Range: 9 meters
    • Morph A: Wide Swing - Increases the range, deals more damage.
      Range: 15 meters
    • Morph B: Rapid Swing - Deals damage to all enemies around you (360 degrees) and swings 3 times.
      Channeled: 0.8 seconds
      Range: 9 meters

Name: Serpent's Fang - Stab twice in quick succession with your main hand weapon dealing physical damage, applies poison damage.
    • Morph A
      Cast Time:
      Range:
    • Morph B
      Cast Time:
      Range:

Name: Hammer Throw - Wind up and toss your off-hand weapon dealing physical damage and knockdown your target.
    Cast Time: 0.8 seconds
    • Morph A: Quick Throw - Reduces the damage done, is now instant cast, interrupts casting.
    • Morph B: Heavy Throw - increases range, increases damage done.
      Cast Time: 0.8 seconds
      Range: 22 meters

Name: Double Swing - Hold each end of the chain and swing both weapons around you, dealing physical damage and setting all targets hit off balance.
    Channeled: 0.8 seconds
    • Morph A
      Cast Time:
      Range:
    • Morph B
      Cast Time:
      Range:

Ultimate

Name: Grab a Bite - Attempts to pull a target to you with the off-hand weapon and stabbing it with your main hand. If a target is unable to be pulled, you are pulled to your target instead. Using the velocity of your pulled target or you pulled to the target for increased damage for the stab.
    Cast Time:
    Range:
    • Morph A
      Cast Time:
      Range:
    • Morph B
      Cast Time:
      Range:
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on December 13, 2023 4:14PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other? Although a flail might be fun for my nazgul styled necro…
    I would really like some alteration and illusion spells — wouldn’t even need a weapon but could just be a skill line like Psijics and add fun and flavor and maybe some battle utility as well.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +polearms and +crossbows with separate skill lines

Those knuckles would be made of their respective materials, but had some specific qualities so that ZOS would not have to add them to the loot table.

If, for instance one has Dagger pattern of a respective style, one would also get the pattern of Knuckles to craft.
    Edited by Drammanoth on December 13, 2023 7:25AM
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow
    >>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)
    >>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)
    >>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    >>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    +polearms and +crossbows with separate skill lines

Those knuckles would be made of their respective materials, but had some specific qualities so that ZOS would not have to add them to the loot table.

If, for instance one has Dagger pattern of a respective style, one would also get the pattern of Knuckles to craft.

Yea I honestly would want all of these options, but for me I think crossbows now actually would make the most sense to give ranged stamina builds more options.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranged stamina skills/weapons
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, thank you. We have melee and ranged skills already, and the delivery item is not relevant. The game is already moving away from distinctions between magicka and stamina as fuel for those, so we should be thinking fewer, rather than more.

The ability to use and coordinate the skills should be more important than choosing which ones to slot, and more skill lines just means more skills NOT to have slots available.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Chakram(think Xena) - Which could be dual wield, ranged, 2H melee, 1H melee, and one handed+shield. All in one, as it is a very versatile weapon. And it would fit ESO as it is a very old, yet easy to forge, weapon.

I said chakrams before the last chapter came out and I was pleased to see that arcanists have a skill that includes chakrams. I felt.like I'd seen into the future.
    Edited by Mesite on December 13, 2023 5:25PM
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    body damage like
    Sonic Belly Boom by shaking your belly and creating a sonic wave.