Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Whats up with the cheating sorcs in pvp?

derkaiserliche
derkaiserliche
✭✭✭✭
There are some players that go like 40-0 every single bg (high elo) and its always sorcs. I know stam sorc is strong atm, but noone is that good to not die against 4 pvp experienced players with cc and dmg. If you play against them, they got as much dmg as a full offensive sets + 64 offensive stat points class but they are tanky as full tank dragonknight, so even 3-4 players cant outdmg his heals/shilds.

The cheating sorcs has been around for years already but it seems they go unpunished for it. Whats up with that?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 11, 2023 6:05PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage's Wrath allows them to easily get the final blow and steal the kill others have weakened so they get a high kill count to start with, add shields and the tanky meta sets and there you go.

[snip]
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    maybe they are just better?

[snip]

LOL,...pvp plenty my guy...Just saying there are plenty of other reasons somebody may be succeeding besides "cheating".....the sorc tool kit is and always has been putting them in a position to do this, particularly in bgs....sorcs have been legit doing this since day 1 in bgs....and yes there are plenty of people who are skilled enough to fight 1v4 against experienced pvpers....skill gap, sets and tool kit set these people apart from the people they are fighting.....maybe it is not a problem with the 1 being chased/fought by 4 ppl and winning and the problem lies in the 4 people who lose the fight?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 11, 2023 6:02PM
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mage's Wrath allows them to easily get the final blow and steal the kill others have weakened so they get a high kill count to start with, add shields and the tanky meta sets and there you go.

[snip]
    maybe they are just better?

[snip]

LOL,...pvp plenty my guy...Just saying there are plenty of other reasons somebody may be succeeding besides "cheating".....the sorc tool kit is and always has been putting them in a position to do this, particularly in bgs....sorcs have been legit doing this since day 1 in bgs....and yes there are plenty of people who are skilled enough to fight 1v4 against experienced pvpers....skill gap, sets and tool kit set these people apart from the people they are fighting.....maybe it is not a problem with the 1 being chased/fought by 4 ppl and winning and the problem lies in the 4 people who lose the fight?

When you come across someone who cheats as a sorc you will know it when you are actually high pvp experienced. You should be able to see dmg output/tankyness and judge for yourself if this is possible or not with their movement speeds on top. Topic can be closed.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 11, 2023 6:03PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @derkaiserliche what do you consider "High pvp experience"? Lmao Just curious to what threshold must be met in order to be able to perceive all the cheaters?

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can attest Wazz has killed me many times through the years! :D
    Edited by Four_Fingers on December 11, 2023 5:26PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Four_Fingers always out of respect and love my guy :)

• wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="derkaiserliche;c
    Where the LOL button when it's needed?

I would sacrifice a character for that function at this point

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its BGs. No CP so all damage/proc sets. Overload works very well, as does Mages Wrath as others have pointed out. Or Shards instead of Wrath. Streak to stun, Boundless Storm for offense/defense/speed. Top it off with the Oakensoul Ring, and its a very easy build for someone to stack kills, even if they are not experienced.
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to sum this up [snip]:

1. Some of you said full dmg sets --> no then you would get bursted down in bgs by 4 people very fast and easy (will never work)
    2. Some of you said full tank sets --> no, if you actually use 2 tank sets yourself, you will struggle to kill someone in pvp. On Top of it you will never ever reach 40 kills (not as finishings) in like 5 bgs in a row on high elo.
    3. Some of you said skill issue and blamed 4 experienced and good pvp players to not be able to kill him. No i promise you, noone can 1 vs 4 in a battlegrounds against good players. This is just not possible since people use stuns and slows and the burst dmg of 4 people cant be outhealed while still doing dmg.

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 11, 2023 6:10PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We would like to remind everyone to please keep conversations constructive and relevant to the forum topic. With that being said, we are going to go ahead and close this thread as per the request of the OP.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.