The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Here's a post about the issue for downtime (Updated: Server up-time)

Garion072
Garion072
Soul Shriven
This was posted in Official News & Discussions and there is a link on their facebook page to this post. Just re-posting for everyone that can't seem to find this on their own. :)

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2

EDIT: (read linked post for official news)

As of 12:00pm EST the estimated time to NA Server going back up is 1 - 2 hours.

New update: 2:00 - 2:30pm EST

Yay!!!
Edited by Garion072 on April 2, 2014 5:47PM
  • Cannyone
    Cannyone
    Some of us "DON'T DO FACEBOOK" so if that is the Only way they know how to "update" their customers then they will always FAIL.
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    They also posted it on their Facebook page, in addition to posting it here on the forum itself.

Chill.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psychounz wrote: »
    They also posted it on their Facebook page, in addition to posting it here on the forum itself.

Chill.
    Maybe this time, but at least one Tweet yesterday about a serious problem said to go to their FB page to read about it, I don't have FB I refuse to so I don't know what they posted but there was no corresponding post on here.

So clearly at times they don't ensure forum readers get the same important information as those willing to open themselves to FB's privacy invasions .. in case anyone doesn't know, you can't read Zenimax's FB page without logging into a FB account, unlike Twitter.
  • killerbeex
    is morning and almost noon... so how many more ours... 530 AM here... 930 AM EST...
    I think and spell ;)
  • Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭
    It'll be done when it's done, guys. It's not uncommon for an MMO to have problems in the startup phase. Just have faith and be happy when they've implemented the new build.

If you really can't wait to get into the game, you could always hop on over to the EU servers.
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Maybe this time, but at least one Tweet yesterday about a serious problem said to go to their FB page to read about it, I don't have FB I refuse to so I don't know what they posted but there was no corresponding post on here.

So clearly at times they don't ensure forum readers get the same important information as those willing to open themselves to FB's privacy invasions .. in case anyone doesn't know, you can't read Zenimax's FB page without logging into a FB account, unlike Twitter.

At the end of the day, it's up to them what medium they choose, and it's not their fault you choose not to have FB just like it's not your fault they do. Just be patient, we've been rewarded this morning with the forum post.

Besides, at a large company like that, it's unbelievable the bureaucracy that you have to go through in order to try to not to appear foolish to your consumer. Ultimately, you still do, because we as consumers inherently complain, but I'm sure the red tape that had to be cut in order to even put out that simple post was immense.
  • killerbeex
    i tried traveling to crows nets.. was diverted to a new place starting with a G .. got a new discovery.. Was change into a girl under the G place map.. She was sexy... I wanted to steal ..well trade off all her items but i was too fare below the map to trade with my friends.. well there alway next time.. i don't see this on the fix list.. I was also riding my white horse and got stuck under the stairs.. I'm a hopen its all fixed...
    I think and spell ;)
  • Cannyone
    Cannyone
    If you want some insight as to why they've brought the server down then check this out! >Link<
  • Cannyone
    Cannyone
    Oh and I they should have some type of "server status" indicator on the Launcher. As it stands all we can do is hit "Play" over and over. Even better might be a dedicated page on their website that gives a status and which they could use to give us estimates as to when the servers might be up.
  • burin077
    burin077
    Soul Shriven
    Should be interesting when the server comes back up, I'm still stuck at Balreth in the EP side because the quest won't register properly.

As far as accessing notifications for the game, Facebook, main site, or other mediums of communication, word seems to get out quite effectively no matter what medium is used or if they even use it directly. (Example: They post on Facebook and their own site, reps/players subsequently post on other mediums like Twitter, etc.)

- B
    "Everyone's opinion of what is right and wrong is subjective; there is no universal right or wrong, there is only the goals and aspirations that people focus on, and those whom interfere with it."
  • killerbeex
    thanks..same here...
    I think and spell ;)
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hahah FB is a Joke...
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Which seems a bit strange. They should sort that out, I don't have Facebook but I can read the SWTOR Facebook posts, but not this one.
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is will the players that did complete those quests but did not get those items receive those items?
  • killerbeex
    i don't know poo... i do know you can be diverted to play as others players so you can take what you want.. so if you got robed in the bank.. well that sucks...
    I think and spell ;)
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    Already didn't get a quest reward item so wondering if they will send it in the mail or says SOL...
    Edited by poochie on April 2, 2014 2:00PM
  • dmannz
    dmannz
    Soul Shriven
    who cares really at this low the item wouldn't be that great, plus crafted gear is way better... its the downtime that sucks
    Edited by dmannz on April 2, 2014 2:02PM
  • killerbeex
    no word on that yet...we are all waiting... if its just the USA side then something strange is at hand....
    I think and spell ;)
  • Garion072
    Garion072
    Soul Shriven
    Cannyone wrote: »
    Some of us "DON'T DO FACEBOOK" so if that is the Only way they know how to "update" their customers then they will always FAIL.

I believe that the post in Official News & Discussions was probably the original message to everyone about the issue with current downtime. As for who uses what social media site, that is up to each individual. I was only referencing the fact they had made a link to the post on the forums. B)
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    You can't craft jewelry...
  • tyvar.thorvaldsonb14_ESO

It's actually here, the link to this forum board was what was posted on Facebook, jumping to conclusions is a sure way to FAIL ....
    Look around you'll find it, if you don't have a conniption fit first.
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and I they should have some type of "server status" indicator on the Launcher. As it stands all we can do is hit "Play" over and over. Even better might be a dedicated page on their website that gives a status and which they could use to give us estimates as to when the servers might be up.

Well... I do see "Announcements" on my login screen that provides a notice of the Server is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    killerbeex wrote: »
    i don't know poo... i do know you can be diverted to play as others players so you can take what you want.. so if you got robed in the bank.. well that sucks...
    I suspect (though don't know) that most of the bank empty issues will be players being linked to another player's empty bank, rather than another player being linked to their bank, nicking everything and then them being linked back to it. (Especially as the number of open bank slots has also been often going back to 60, and few players can steal open bank slots!)
  • Nordak
    Nordak
    ✭✭
    Well,I still want a proposed up-time for the server. I don't care if they actually hit the mark, I just want to be able to plan my time so that I can play when it is back up and not waste time while it is still down.
  • div24
    div24
    Soul Shriven
    How do you access the EU servers once you've gone w/ the NA?
  • lioslinn
    lioslinn
    ✭✭✭
    i believe you have to redownload the client.
    reality.sys corrupted-reboot universe [y/n] _
  • Garion072
    Garion072
    Soul Shriven
    div24 wrote: »
    How do you access the EU servers once you've gone w/ the NA?

On the launcher click the "Cog Wheel" icon (upper right hand corner). There is an option to select which server to launch.

Edited by Garion072 on April 2, 2014 3:34PM
  • Nazarousb14_ESO
    Nazarousb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Some of us don't use Twitter, but then some of us use these forums to get our info sense we don't use ether FB or Twitter.
    Edited by Nazarousb14_ESO on April 2, 2014 3:44PM
  • Garion072
    Garion072
    Soul Shriven
    UPDATE: (read linked post for official news)

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2

As of 12:00pm EST the estimated time to NA Server going back up is 1 - 2 hours.

New update: 2:00 - 2:30pm EST

Yay!!!
    Edited by Garion072 on April 2, 2014 5:47PM
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Keep in mind they are likely new to the job, and we can train on how to help us. If you look there is a server status section under the Dev only tab.

Devs, I suggest priority:
    Official forms first
    Twitter Second (seems like most real time to me)
    The rest in whatever order.

I am sure you have all the tool sets in front of you so its just a commitment or decision of procedure. Six-Sigma Black belt there....... ;)

By the way, look up my account and get my phone number and you can put phone call/text to me at top of list! B)
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf