The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Endless Archive: Please let us save!

• Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This should be a thing, there are unbalanced visions and certain builds pushing way farther than anything else, just remove the leaderboards altogether if it’s not going to be balanced, and add a save function.

Leaderboards are meant to represent skill, not exploitation, and that’s not the case right now.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    they definitely should make a way to save it. I've seen some streamers be in there for like 5+ hours and still have threads yet.

Let people sleep!!!
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skip coins/scrolls bought with Archival fortunes would make the currency abit more interesting maybe.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    if we had an arc skip mechanic, there would literally be no reason to have a save

you timed out and instance reset, go back in skip back to say the arc you were on (example: start of arc 5), you might not have quite the same visions but if all you want is challenge, thats where it is

the most ideal to improve speed to get back to the harder content would be arc-skips and/or removing 1 more trash stage from each cycle

The content is designed to be challenging even with the visions though. A skip wouldn't allow for that.

Edit

Also a save would allow you take on the same boss again later. So if someone is struggling with a particular boss, they don't gotta count purely on RNG to try and learn it when they're in a better state of mind.

so they die twice, have 1 or 2 threads left, come back a day later, have to remember what they were doing, die instantly and have to restart anyway

still not seeing point of a save, if your likely stuck on a boss, your likely gonna be stuck on that boss (like if you get zha'jassa the forgotten and the pillars are still being buggy, regardless if you have save or not, you wont be able to continue unless you can survive the explosion)

i never said an arc-skip wouldnt give you visions, i dont know how the mechanic would be implemented

they could implement a skip to say you skip to arc 5 so you get random visions from arcs 1-4, so you either do a normal run which takes 2 hours and you can pick from the 3 vision choices per cycle boss, or you skip arcs and may or may not get the visions you wanted but hey you saved 2 hours, thats the tradeoff
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A save-function and a skipping-mechanic to bypass earlier Arcs were both good additions to EA. And really, I fail to see how any harm is done by them to anyone. On the contrary, players simply would have more options to individualize their runs, making the content even more enjoyable.

Of course leaderboards should be deactivated if those functions are used, to somewhat even the playfield.

I also wonder how saving could work for duos, but I'm sure it's possible to work something out.
  • trailofundead
    We've been asking for this since day 1 it appeared on the PTS and ZOS seem completely deaf to it. Have they actually provided a good reason that they can't implement save points? In VH and MA you can just come back any time. As well as the common sense and practical gameplay reasons for adding save points, people are actually making themselves ill having to do these marathons.
    So PLEASE - listen to the players (actually paying customers) and add the option to save.
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playerbase: we need saves in the EA. Please, ZOS.

ZOS: With U41 we introduce the Archivar Assistant, which allows you to save your progress in the Endless Archive. It will be up for purchase in the crown store for 5000 crowns. For additional 5000 crowns you can unlock the ability to skip to an arc of your choice.
    Edited by tomfant on December 9, 2023 11:25AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tomfant wrote: »

ZOS: With U41 we introduce the Archivar Assistant, which allows you to save your progress in the Endless Archive. It will be up for purchase in the crown store for 5000 crowns. For additional 5000 crowns you can unlock the ability to skip to an arc of your choice.

This game has steered pretty clear from pay to win, so I don't see why now would be an exception.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

for an additional 5000 crowns you can also kill anyone in pvp 1 shot one time, for an additional 5000 crowns you can get one trifecta achievement, etc.
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

for an additional 5000 crowns you can also kill anyone in pvp 1 shot one time, for an additional 5000 crowns you can get one trifecta achievement, etc.

I'll take things that will never happen but will be regularly accused of for 500 Alex.
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This game has steered pretty clear from pay to win, so I don't see why now would be an exception.

I would rather pay real money for some kind of power in EA, that dont effect other players rather then a Pink hat with featers in it, like when im alone in EA i can buy this scroll for x crowns to gain some kind of power that only effects and helps me and my play time.
    Edited by XSTRONG on December 9, 2023 4:31PM
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on Endless Archive Zenimax.
    If you spend many hours in Endless Archive or Diablo 4, people have to choose for themselves, it is a somewhat atypical form of Elder Scrolls online, so much more understandable if someone chooses the challenge to the side for more varied games.
    You aren't what I wanted to write about, but you are somewhat unhappy that we get a bad craft like this when we have been promised a misconception that is still not fulfilled satisfactorily.
    The fact that there is no way to save his game in Endless Archive shows with all clarity that Zenimax disclaims all ethics and morals, knowing that some will spend a lot of hours and a software company should be in front to minimize people's lives online, so we don't get out in extremes, which part might say it can be if you play 24 hours a day.
    It may be very appropriate to introduce a way to save the game as I will not be surprised if we experience new sets introduced in Endless Archive. I am turning it out as it is a cheap and easy way to keep playing active.
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we gonna talk what Zos can learn from other games when creating content like this I have a few ideas ' not gonna name the game im refering to' as I have been banned for less in this forum.

- Sigil, the lower sigil you choose the easier the content gets which means even the newest players and hardcore vet players get to enjoy the content and are able to choose in what difficulty they want to do Endless Archive.

- Reward system for EA are really bad in my opinion, they can take a look at other simular games and learn what get players interested and not only focus on cosmetic crownstore stuff.

- Player time in a specifik instance 'Endless Archive', why would players want to spend alot of hours in EA except for leaderboard? Again a good reward system is needed, since Endless Archive is base game i dont see why you cant earn unique stuff 'except for the useless class sets' something that effects your gameplay outside of Endless Archive is an example.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »

I would rather pay real money for some kind of power in EA, that dont effect other players rather then a Pink hat with featers in it, like when im alone in EA i can buy this scroll for x crowns to gain some kind of power that only effects and helps me and my play time.

I sure wouldn't and am glad they try to limit the impact of the crown store on gameplay. I steer clear from P2W games.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure wouldn't and am glad they try to limit the impact of the crown store on gameplay. I steer clear from P2W games.

Glad they try to limit the impact of crownstore on gameplay?

Are you aware of that not far from the whole reward system in Eso is threw Crownstore?
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Are you aware of that not far from the whole reward system in Eso is threw Crownstore?

Would you share a few examples for crownstore impacting gameplay?

As far as I can see, the offers in there are limited to cosmetics and a few QoL-improvements (mostly scrolls to speed up stuff. Those are available ingame too tho.).
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the Endless Archive but get really exhausted after 2 hours of continuous combat. I also don't care at all about the leaderboard. I'd like to see one or both of the following implemented.
    • Create a casual non competitive version of the Endless Archive that does not have a leaderboard, similar to the way Tales of Tribute has a casual non-competitive matched game. Because it is not competitive this version would allow saves.
    • Provide temporary saves that expire after a certain number of hours or days for both versions.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 9, 2023 6:45PM
    PCNA
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »

As far as I can see, the offers in there are limited to cosmetics and a few QoL-improvements (mostly scrolls to speed up stuff. Those are available ingame too tho.).

Ehmm?

What I said is right there what you quoted, " The reward system in this game is spending money in Crownstore'
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ehmm?

What I said is right there what you quoted, " The reward system in this game is spending money in Crownstore'

I disagree, especially regarding EA.

You can earn a mount, a pet, body and face markings, several mementos, a whole lot of furniture and so on in there without spending any RL-currency. On top of that there is a merchant with weekly rotating rewards.

If you aren't interested in that, fine. All of that are rewards tho.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ehmm?

You can earn a mount, a pet, body and face markings, several mementos, a whole lot of furniture and so on in there without spending any RL-currency. On top of that there is a merchant with weekly rotating rewards.

Ok im glad you think those EA rewards are enough.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ehmm?

Where exactly did I say so? In fact I didn't reveal my opinion about the rewards for EA at all.

I'm opposing your suggestion to add p2w mechanics. Nothing more, nothing less.

And I say, that your claim, that rewards are only earnable by buying it in crownstore is completely wrong. There aren't even rewards in there, because you don't earn them ingame.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ehmm?

It's a normal part of live service games to have some cosmetics earned through gameplay, and other purchased in the shop. That doesn't mean the rewards are in the crown store. For one, most of those items likely wouldn't exist if they weren't in the crown store because they were made specifically with ideas of selling them. Besides that, it would not justify making the game P2W.

They should increase the variety of rewards earned through gameplay, which they took a step forward doing with EA. They should not then undermine that progress by turning around and making archive P2W.

But I'll digress as the matter at hand is saves and skips for Archive. Yes, they should have them. No, they shouldn't be crown store items.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 9, 2023 8:48PM
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ehmm?

Where exactly did I say so? In fact I didn't reveal my opinion about the rewards for EA at all.

I'm opposing your suggestion to add p2w mechanics. Nothing more, nothing less.

And I say, that your claim, that rewards are only earnable by buying it in crownstore is completely wrong. There aren't even rewards in there, because you don't earn them ingame.

Im to lazy to read back but I dont remember saying that rewards are ONLY earnable from crownstore but I think I said most of the really cool stuff that players want in this game are in Crownstore.

But im a stupid Swede so I can write something in English but mean something else in Swedish words, bare with me..

Pay2win for me is diffrent from many others i guess, if im able to buy something to really ease my pain and make my conten alot funny but dosent effect other players or leaderbords in anyway i would rather buy that then a Pink hat
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Make it like MA, if you save and come back no leaderboard.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M0ntie wrote: »
    Agree. Make it like MA, if you save and come back no leaderboard.

Yup. Honestly I was stuck on round 5 for days the very first time I did VMA. Being able to come back with a better attitude, rest, and some Google Fu helped tremendously my first clear. My first time fighting arc 3 tho'at I lost all my threads as I was paying way too much attention to the blobs and didn't realize the glass ceiling mech. I came back after looking it up and refreshed, have never died to it again.

I was lucky though that my trouble was with Tho'at, people stuck on bosses don't have that option. If they could save and come back later with a sense of renewal and some information from others, they'd probably be more inclined to enjoy EA.
  • Caradryan
    Caradryan
    ✭✭
    Please add a saving function. It takes around 3h to get to Arc 4-5 in a solo run. I usually don't have the time and it's extremly frustrating to run out of time when reaching higher Arcs. I really like EA and theorycrafting around it, so please make it more
    accessible for folks with less time at hand. I mean there is a saving option in vMA, so...
    Tersias - PC/EU
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Without a save function, we’ll never know how far our skill will actually take us. There’s no way I can set aside 5+ hours a session consistently to test myself. Between a job, hunger, a shower, a nagging spouse, it’s impossible.
    Edited by Skoomah on December 10, 2023 2:31PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Without a save function, we’ll never know how far our skill will actually take us. There’s no way I can set aside 5+ hours a session consistently to test myself. Between a job, hunger, a shower, a nagging spouse, it’s impossible.

Yep. We got to arc 4, still had 4 threads left, and both sitting at 3 avatar visions but hadn't gotten the verse to transform yet. We had to call it quits for time constraints.

Would have been fabulous to he able to pick up where we left off, visions intact.
  • Caradryan
    Caradryan
    ✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

^this, just keep pushing this thread. Saving option shouldnt be too much of a demand honestly
    Tersias - PC/EU
  • HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭
    I 100% agree there needs to be a save function. Especially for solo playthroughs.

Having read a lot of opinions about this you have the coding difficulties and people cheating/exploiting on one end and people who can't play for long periods at a time for health/real-life commitment/job reasons. Devs have to decide which of these are the priority and at the moment it feels a lot like we don't have a save function because of potential exploits. But honestly most people want to engage with this game mode but can't play for 2+ hours in one go.

Personally I can't play that long on week nights and I really have a desire to play EA but know that if I want to I'm just doing arc 1 and 2 every time. What I would love is to be able to bash through arc 1 and 2 one night, come back the following evening and work through arc 3, then on the following evening get through arc 4. And maybe, if I still have threads left, I could also see how far I can get on my own. Some of the only achivements I have left are the ones you need to be in later arcs for but it requires so much time in one go.