Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

How long can players hold on to the promise of gameplay improvements…?

Animar111
Animar111
✭✭✭✭
I am not alone as one of the thousand of eso players that get told that the years plan of improvements whether that this involves gameplay servers being improved bugs being sorted out less lagg etc etc etc…… At first it was exciting thinking these problem/problems were going to be fixed.
But in reality most of these problems were not solved and more cracks started to emerge within the game. I’m talking bugs that have been in the game for literally years are still there, you all know most of the ones I’m talking about.
And pvp you all know the problems with in that one.
So what are the broken promises that they will be making next.
Server upgrades,bug fixes, crashing, sound cutting, no fx on certain armours or skills, a playable pvp area.
So I ask again how long can players hold on to broken promises….?
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing this game almost daily since August of 2016.
    In that time I have maybe seen the game crash a few dozen times. I've never been affected by ping even when I was running on a 5mbps internet connection.
    Yes, there are bugs. Yes I have seen many of them. And yes, they have fixed a whole bunch. They literally had a patch devoted to just fixing bugs. Was it all the bugs I wanted to see fixed? No. But they had to start somewhere so I'm fine with that.
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tornaad Glad you have had such a great experience wishing it was mine.
    Edited by Animar111 on December 7, 2023 7:31PM
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Important: They never promised to fix anything.

Every year they tell us some story about "trying to plan to think about something sometime in the future, or at least discussing something internally, maybe, no ETA...".

Everyone playing the game for more than a year should already know this.

Now to answer your question: Most people realize very fast that nothing is going to happen, ever. Others (like me) still hope that it will get better, one day. But that's just love, hope and addiction speaking. And we all know how much you can trust those three...
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance in ESO is, and has always been, down to a combination of factors such as playstyle i.e. whether PvP, competitive PvE or overland questing, certain addons if on PC, real world location, ISP, system specs and other such things as well as server or game engine issues. Similarly with bugs. A lot of players report a lot of problems, a lot of players have none. Whether a player hangs on through serious problems is down to them, personally I've played pretty flawlessly since launch but I do appreciate that's not everyone's experience.
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Freilauftomate I wish they would word it more honestly like “we can’t promise to fix any of these problems but we will give it our best shot”
    Just games with so many issues are usually in beta.
    I understand that there’s a lot of old code that was written that is hard to adjust for some improvements.
    But really they should say “Play eso we don’t promise to fix anything but there’s always a chance we might”
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they really gave it their best shot (billion dollar company) they would have fixed it many years ago.
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Freilauftomate unfortunately that is so true, greed has been the downfall of many a gaming company.
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's greed. But it was a decision, not an unfixable problem. What led to this decision might never be known, because the billion dollar company has just been bought by a trillion dollar company. There is no real reason to fix it now. Because they don't even have to worry about their reputation anymore.

But you can still hope everything will be better one day in the future, maybe.

Or start playing content where performance and bugs don't matter. But that would be like buying a car and carrying it around instead of driving it.
    Edited by Freilauftomate on December 7, 2023 8:03PM
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but the trillion dollar company did invest in improving and deliver.
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would argue they bought it for the same reason most big companies buy smaller companies all over the world. Not to make the product better, but to get rid of the competition. But as i said before, i still hope i am wrong ;)
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll agree with that. Time will tell
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Animar111 wrote: »
    I am not alone as one of the thousand of eso players that get told that the years plan of improvements whether that this involves gameplay servers being improved bugs being sorted out less lagg etc etc etc…… At first it was exciting thinking these problem/problems were going to be fixed.
    But in reality most of these problems were not solved and more cracks started to emerge within the game. I’m talking bugs that have been in the game for literally years are still there, you all know most of the ones I’m talking about.
    And pvp you all know the problems with in that one.
    So what are the broken promises that they will be making next.
    Server upgrades,bug fixes, crashing, sound cutting, no fx on certain armours or skills, a playable pvp area.
    So I ask again how long can players hold on to broken promises….?

Meh...I'm having fun

““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's greed. But it was a decision, not an unfixable problem. What led to this decision might never be known, because the billion dollar company has just been bought by a trillion dollar company. There is no real reason to fix it now. Because they don't even have to worry about their reputation anymore.

But you can still hope everything will be better one day in the future, maybe.

Or start playing content where performance and bugs don't matter. But that would be like buying a car and carrying it around instead of driving it.

Yeah so me and my wife stopped playing for at least 2 years now. We still check forums for changes but nothing usually. I do think it has to do with greed because they have no problem releasing housing that cost a lot of real life dollars, or cosmetics that cost a lot of money or mounts ect. My point is from jump that money should have been put back into the games server/bugs to fix everything and then make profit off both....... But they just took the money and continued to produce more bleeding the player for everything.

I played and quality of life stuff was never a thing it was always (get an add on for that rather than just having it implemented). To me that's always a problem and then I also would lag and dc so often I just had to stop playing because I spent more time in load screens searching for items between zones ECT I couldn't stand it anymore.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Until they've had enough and stop playing.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You actually are alone on your decision of when to leave the game. Just like the rest of us it is a decision each individual will make for themselves. Many PvP'rs have made that decision and moved on. Some come back from time to time hoping to start playing again.
    I seriously doubt greed is why improvements have not been made. Happy players invest more time and money into the game. Happy players tell others meaning new players join. Happy players feel safe in purchasing other games the company develops. Best available product means better profits.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tornaad wrote: »
    In that time I have maybe seen the game crash a few dozen times. I've never been affected by ping even when I was running on a 5mbps internet connection.
    Yes, there are bugs. Yes I have seen many of them. And yes, they have fixed a whole bunch. They literally had a patch devoted to just fixing bugs. Was it all the bugs I wanted to see fixed? No. But they had to start somewhere so I'm fine with that.

do you go into cyrodiil much? Doesnt sound like it.
    kargen27 wrote: »
    You actually are alone on your decision of when to leave the game. Just like the rest of us it is a decision each individual will make for themselves. Many PvP'rs have made that decision and moved on. Some come back from time to time hoping to start playing again.
    I seriously doubt greed is why improvements have not been made. Happy players invest more time and money into the game. Happy players tell others meaning new players join. Happy players feel safe in purchasing other games the company develops. Best available product means better profits.

Is this the best available product though? Is this the best that zos can do? It doesnt seem like it to me.

• GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they really gave it their best shot (billion dollar company) they would have fixed it many years ago.

This is worth repeating. With all the income ZOS has coming in, there is no excuse for PvP to be in the state it's in and has been for years and years.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 years.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    Tornaad wrote: »

do you go into cyrodiil much? Doesnt sound like it.
    kargen27 wrote: »

Is this the best available product though? Is this the best that zos can do? It doesnt seem like it to me.

We have nothing to base that upon. Cyrodiil was great before the cheat engine forced ZoS to take calculations server side. They have been chasing better performance since. In my eyes they have not given up and neither should we. I don't PvP as much as I once did but I still enjoy when I go.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been stuck in combat for 8 years. I'm very tired and I want to go home.
  • Scarefish
    Scarefish
    ✭✭
    I flew 30 feet in the air from sprinting onto a rock the other day.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Until they've had enough and stop playing.

I reached that point about two months ago. Maybe I'll be back one day but nothing on the forums gives me the impression things will get better for the shortcomings I care about.
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    the only way it will change is if the player base starts finding better games to play and take their money elsewhere. if you continue spending money on a game which continually disappoints… it’s really more on the player than the developer.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭
    Buy a decent PC ?
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're right - can't hold your breath for that long. Especially when there are so many other cool games out there now a days that you could spend your time on otherwise.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flashbacks to Kevin Bacon in the movie Animal House. You know, the hazing scene with the paddle. :)
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭
    According to an ongoing experiment, at least 10 years :)
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭
    loosej wrote: »
    According to an ongoing experiment, at least 10 years :)

That reminds me of another MMO forum I visit...there has been one guy that has prophesied the game shutting down daily for the past sixteen years, it's amazing he can spew that kind of doom daily for so long...I guess one day he will be right, but a friend of mind believes the day it happens he will start a "Save our MMo" online petition.

That's why my earlier post was so glib....it just doesn't seem like these types of threads are getting the traction they use to.
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Never a dull moment" as Sharp so aptly says. I for one see that there are active efforts to improve the game inspite of the doom & gloom threads.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso pvp compared to call of duty or halo is absurdly buggy, slow, and unreliable.

if you play eso too long you might lose sight of how low the bar of acceptable quality has been set.

Edited by SandandStars on December 9, 2023 11:36PM