Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Was EA boss difficulty increased with patch 9.2.7?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I took Azandar in yesterday to see the Companion changes and he did live through the Arc 1 Tho'at battle. But something else was happening that makes me wonder if other changes were made.

I am rarely defeated by Xeemhok the Trophy Taker, or the Symphony of Blades or Lady Thorn but I died repeatedly to these. Were these bosses tweaked to be more difficult? Did anyone else experience this?
Edited by SilverBride on December 7, 2023 6:46PM
PCNA
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, everything as usual as for me.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭
    I took Azandar in yesterday to see the Companion changes and he did live through the Arc 1 Tho'at Battle. But something else was happening that makes me wonder if other changes were made.

I am rarely defeated by Xeemhok the Trophy Taker, or the Symphony of Blades or Lady Thorn but I died repeatedly to these. Were these bosses tweaked to be more difficult? Did anyone else experience this?

I didn't pull any of those yesterday but on my second dragon in arc 2 I died several times because my block no longer stopped it sending me over the edge of the platform. Seemed more powerful a push but I wondered if that was just me.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes me wonder if they decided to up the boss difficulty since the Companions and pets are able to survive better and now benefit from the visions and verses.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 7, 2023 6:31PM
    PCNA
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    It makes me wonder if they decided to up the boss difficulty since the Companions and pets are able to survive better and now benefit from the visions and verses.

Everything is the same as two days ago I ran 5+ runs yesterday some solo, some companion duo, mostly to Arc 4 then boredom kicked in. Also companions don't benefit from verses, just visions.
    Antiquities Addict
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i fought symphony of blades last night and it wasnt any harder. didnt have any of those other bosses in my 2 EA runs.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LouisaB75 wrote: »
    I took Azandar in yesterday to see the Companion changes and he did live through the Arc 1 Tho'at Battle. But something else was happening that makes me wonder if other changes were made.

I didn't pull any of those yesterday but on my second dragon in arc 2 I died several times because my block no longer stopped it sending me over the edge of the platform. Seemed more powerful a push but I wondered if that was just me.

That's more probably related to the recent lack of server performance regarding combat (skills and other actions not properly registered and so on).

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647965/something-is-seriously-wrong-with-combat-performance-this-patch/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647252/skills-randomly-not-activating-from-queue#latest

Also keep in mind, that the ongoing Cyrodiil population cap tests on both pc-servers could negatively impact gaming experience in other areas.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/648108/cyrodiil-population-cap-testing/p3
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, just wanted to provide a quick update. We've seen some confusion regarding if the test is only on PC EU right now. We have expanded the test to PC NA as well. As noted before, if you are hitting lag or having other issues, please record the footage and pass that along here or in the Bug Reports section. This will help with the tests our teams are conducting. Thank you.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i havent noticed any change in difficulty of the archive
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a very noticable change yesterday. I will be curious to see how it goes today.
    PCNA
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »

Also keep in mind, that the ongoing Cyrodiil population cap tests on both pc-servers could negatively impact gaming experience in other areas.

That might also explain the slight lag that I am getting at the goat side quest. Normally I have been able to complete that one easily but it stutters just enough the last couple of days that it is causing me to fail every time. That fraction of a second here and there is just enough to make the difference between a win and a fail in there.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It happened to me too. Previously the block always worked.
    PS5/NA
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a very noticable change yesterday. I will be curious to see how it goes today.

I thought the tho'ats were harder too. The blobs doing more damage.

PS5/NA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Were any changes made to these bosses?
    PCNA
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The server is just laggy as hell. I don't understand why they started a cyrodiil population test at a time when we're already cancelling trials after 30 minutes because of disconnects.

I got lag spiked to death last night in EA.

The game is broken right now.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't lagging at all. It was just that I was dying to bosses in the Endless Archive that I normally don't, and repeatedly.
    PCNA
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't lagging at all. It was just that I was dying to bosses in the Endless Archive that I normally don't, and repeatedly.

I think it is lag without an actual notice of lag. Or at the very least, buggyness that seems to not be as straightforward as most bugs or lag in the game.

For example, I was fighting Doylemish in EA.

The first fight, no matter what I did, I was unable to target the orb. Had to ignore/kite it to just kill the boss. Because any attempt to target the orb would just target Doylemish. Like, to the point where I was standing between the two targets, with my back to Doylemish, and still, my heavy attack would go backwards to target the boss instead of the orb.

On a subsequent run last night. Doylemish appeared, and there were zero problems.

So I don't think difficulty has changed. But the instances have certainly gotten a bit laggy.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took Azandar in yesterday to see the Companion changes and he did live through the Arc 1 Tho'at battle. But something else was happening that makes me wonder if other changes were made.

And you had them on the same arc as before? I didn’t notice any change in difficulty of the bosses themselves. Bosses with add summoning stages may bring more at once if you bring their health down fast, but I don’t think that applies to any of these. I’ve been finding Lady Thorn frustrating for a while because she doesn’t react to the corrupted glob things you throw at her (and I’m sure at least a few of them hit) and so she just keeps swooping and swooping and swooping.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you had them on the same arc as before?

The first 2 were on Arc 1 and the other on Arc 2. I've fought these bosses before and rarely was defeated by them.
    PCNA
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Lady Thorn yesterday and she didn't feel any harder than usual. Fought the 1st and 2nd Tho'ats and didn't notice any differences in difficulty either. I went about halfway to arc 3 yesterday before I decided to call it a day and the bosses seemed the same as before.

And you had them on the same arc as before? I didn’t notice any change in difficulty of the bosses themselves. Bosses with add summoning stages may bring more at once if you bring their health down fast, but I don’t think that applies to any of these. I’ve been finding Lady Thorn frustrating for a while because she doesn’t react to the corrupted glob things you throw at her (and I’m sure at least a few of them hit) and so she just keeps swooping and swooping and swooping.

As with her dungeon version, you have to hit her about 4 times before she comes back down (and the globs always hit). Unlike in the dungeon, however, she doesn't complain when you toss bad blood at her and her swoops are more frequent.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    With a companion you have more mechanics to deal with sometimes, it surely affects Tho'at's fight and her mechanics it trash stages (more blobs, more tentacles). Not sure if there's something else.
    Btw I don't remember it before the patch but I barely ran with a companion, by the time I had to wear pearlescent I was already done with EA for that day
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed any difference but I run solo rather than with a companion. Person above has noted that may impact mechanics. I get killed around early arc 5 and had Lady Thorn and Symphony of Blades come up, I think early on though so maybe arc 1 and 3 respectively.

I was also knocked back by a dragons shout when I was blocking which was unusual, but for some reason it didn't cost me a thread I just teleported back up and resumed the fight.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »
    I haven't noticed any difference but I run solo rather than with a companion. Person above has noted that may impact mechanics. I get killed around early arc 5 and had Lady Thorn and Symphony of Blades come up, I think early on though so maybe arc 1 and 3 respectively.

I was also knocked back by a dragons shout when I was blocking which was unusual, but for some reason it didn't cost me a thread I just teleported back up and resumed the fight.

Yeah the first time he knocked me off that happened. The second time I was holding block and he knocked me to the edge. When I dropped block to move I fell. It was pretty weird. That's when I lost the thread.

PS5/NA
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    The server is just laggy as hell. I don't understand why they started a cyrodiil population test at a time when we're already cancelling trials after 30 minutes because of disconnects.

I got lag spiked to death last night in EA.

The game is broken right now.

But I'm on PSNA, our test hasn't started...
    PS5/NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info on the Lady Thorn’s EA mechanics, @Carcamongus

I still haven’t encountered these specific bosses since the patch. None of the bosses I do regularly encounter seemed more difficult, but it would honestly be difficult to say as I’d have to recall the arc and what verses I had. I did have some unexpected difficulties in some side portals that I usually don’t, but it was probably over confidence on my part.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 8, 2023 7:27PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I encountered one boss that I've defeated solo before but couldn't yesterday with Azandar out, Baron Zaudrus. So I released Azandar and my friend joined me and we got him down very quickly.

Something is definitely different for me with some of these bosses with a Companion out.
    PCNA
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Endling killed sharp in arc 1 (full purple gear), after the update; I though it strange, but as Endling was almost dead I muddled though without my tank. I still can't kill that pillar spawning @^%@$% so I generally quit that run when he spawns. I did manage to kill a dragon and was able to kill the boss in arc 2 (with fire ring buff), even though the noise there, and for the marauders are insane, I just use vigor constantly for those fights.

At least I got a couple weapons from there now, but I have learned that unless I got as few hours to spare to not bother going in there at all.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Endling killed sharp in arc 1 (full purple gear), after the update; I though it strange, but as Endling was almost dead I muddled though without my tank. I still can't kill that pillar spawning @^%@$% so I generally quit that run when he spawns. I did manage to kill a dragon and was able to kill the boss in arc 2 (with fire ring buff), even though the noise there, and for the marauders are insane, I just use vigor constantly for those fights.

At least I got a couple weapons from there now, but I have learned that unless I got as few hours to spare to not bother going in there at all.

That’s great that you killed Tho’at in Arc 2! I’ve been noticing in your posts about some of the issues you’ve been having in EA and I just wanted to say congrats on making it that far 😊
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I encountered one boss that I've defeated solo before but couldn't yesterday with Azandar out, Baron Zaudrus. So I released Azandar and my friend joined me and we got him down very quickly.

Something is definitely different for me with some of these bosses with a Companion out.

Baron was untauntable for my companion in my run, otherwise haven't noticed any changes. Although I'll be honest I was prepared to just parse on him like on any other EA boss after the patch
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Run through on several classes since update Bosses seem the same as before.....

Although as my companion is now way less likely to die, it is entirely possible! :)

Edit:- Companion is Bastian(tanky) and he is mostly in blue gear, with I think two purple items...... oh iirc he's wearing the gold quickened ring too!
    Edited by freespirit on December 8, 2023 9:55PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

That’s great that you killed Tho’at in Arc 2! I’ve been noticing in your posts about some of the issues you’ve been having in EA and I just wanted to say congrats on making it that far 😊

Thanks, it was a long haul. Honestly I am very stubborn, or so the wife tells me anyways. But the time constraints and the over the top effects are difficult to navigate in many areas. Adding in some of the mechanics gets to be a nuisance when just trying to stay alive in the boss fights. I wish that anything that was only damaging and not deadly displayed a different color so as to reduce the red ring spam, but I guess that is asking too much.

For now though I will be happy being able to do the daily and maybe the occasional marauder.
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope - same as before. Companions survive longer now as stated in the update. Boss difficulty is the same :)