Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

When are we getting the year end letter?

gariondavey
gariondavey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Anyone know?

Thanks.
PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • centime
    centime
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know?

    Thanks.

    Mid-December, isn't it? So, soon.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    probably next week.
    2022 was December 12.
    2021 was December 9.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Dec 15, then? :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    So, Dec 15, then? :smile:
    i just think next week because of the last two years.
    2020 and 2019 were both December 23 so the last two years being the second week of December makes it likely 2023 is also the second week.
    Edited by LunaFlora on December 6, 2023 4:43PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

    🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope we get something this year besides more PVP promises and the yet more cutting of content...

    They could...

    Bring Back the "Year Long Adventure” 12-month storyline...personally it kept me occupied the entire year and I miss that.
    Expand the Companion System please....
    As much as I like new lands...there is no need to keep expanding when you can give us new content in established areas Necrom was a very good try at this. Heck it would be awesome if they Expanded Daggerfall and give us as much to do as we had in TES II in that one city (That's just a for instance)
    Give us Dynamic content aside from the Scripted world events
    How about a Story mode for 1-4 players in the Dungeons? It would double the available content and not hurt anyone by doing it...
    The world looks Gorgeous but the models NPC and Characters need a lot of work I'm personally am tired of my character putting up his weapons randomly, and the walking on air bug

    I just hope we don't end up with a gardening mini-game, because no one has asked for that...it just would be nice to see at least one thing from this list enacted...I'm trying to remain hopeful.

    Edited by Warhawke_80 on December 6, 2023 6:50PM
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    I just hope we get something this year besides more PVP promises and the yet more cutting of content...

    They could...

    Bring Back the "Year Long Adventure” 12-month storyline...personally it kept me occupied the entire year and I miss that.
    Expand the Companion System please....
    As much as I like new lands...there is no need to keep expanding when you can give us new content in established areas Necrom was a very good try at this. Heck it would be awesome if they Expanded Daggerfall and give us as much to do as we had in TES II in that one city (That's just a for instance)
    Give us Dynamic content aside from the Scripted world events
    How about a Story mode for 1-4 players in the Dungeons? It would double the available content and not hurt anyone by doing it...
    The world looks Gorgeous but the models NPC and Characters need a lot of work I'm personally am tired of my character putting up his weapons randomly, and the walking on air bug

    I just hope we don't end up with a gardening mini-game, because no one has asked for that...it just would be nice to see at least one thing from this list enacted...I'm trying to remain hopeful.

    a lot of people have actually asked for gardening :)
    i know i've seen posts about it and i would also love it.

    Sure...and some folks said they were begging for a card game since launch....everybody wants something.
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    I just hope we get something this year besides more PVP promises and the yet more cutting of content...

    They could...

    Bring Back the "Year Long Adventure” 12-month storyline...personally it kept me occupied the entire year and I miss that.
    Expand the Companion System please....
    As much as I like new lands...there is no need to keep expanding when you can give us new content in established areas Necrom was a very good try at this. Heck it would be awesome if they Expanded Daggerfall and give us as much to do as we had in TES II in that one city (That's just a for instance)
    Give us Dynamic content aside from the Scripted world events
    How about a Story mode for 1-4 players in the Dungeons? It would double the available content and not hurt anyone by doing it...
    The world looks Gorgeous but the models NPC and Characters need a lot of work I'm personally am tired of my character putting up his weapons randomly, and the walking on air bug

    I just hope we don't end up with a gardening mini-game, because no one has asked for that...it just would be nice to see at least one thing from this list enacted...I'm trying to remain hopeful.

    a lot of people have actually asked for gardening :)
    i know i've seen posts about it and i would also love it.

    I have asked for gardening furnishing plants, not a gardening mini-game.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

    PS5 NA

  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    So, Dec 15, then? :smile:

    or before unless it is a little bit after.

  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    I just hope we get something this year besides more PVP promises and the yet more cutting of content...

    They could...

    Bring Back the "Year Long Adventure” 12-month storyline...personally it kept me occupied the entire year and I miss that.
    Expand the Companion System please....
    As much as I like new lands...there is no need to keep expanding when you can give us new content in established areas Necrom was a very good try at this. Heck it would be awesome if they Expanded Daggerfall and give us as much to do as we had in TES II in that one city (That's just a for instance)
    Give us Dynamic content aside from the Scripted world events
    How about a Story mode for 1-4 players in the Dungeons? It would double the available content and not hurt anyone by doing it...
    The world looks Gorgeous but the models NPC and Characters need a lot of work I'm personally am tired of my character putting up his weapons randomly, and the walking on air bug

    I just hope we don't end up with a gardening mini-game, because no one has asked for that...it just would be nice to see at least one thing from this list enacted...I'm trying to remain hopeful.

    a lot of people have actually asked for gardening :)
    i know i've seen posts about it and i would also love it.

    would be great to grow some mats.. corn flower anyone?
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    I just hope we get something this year besides more PVP promises and the yet more cutting of content...

    They could...

    Bring Back the "Year Long Adventure” 12-month storyline...personally it kept me occupied the entire year and I miss that.

    Year-long adventure can stay dead considering the stress it put on their teams and the lack of revisionary updates that were done because of them.

    I disagree...I think they did pretty damn well aside from PVP which for good or bad is pretty niche...it just seems to me that without the year long story we are stuck doing dailies like every other MMO out there...I know some folks love that it's just never has been my thing.
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the cyrodiil pop tests so they can say which of their whiteboard options will end up in next years roadmap.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    After the cyrodiil pop tests so they can say which of their whiteboard options will end up in next years roadmap.

    You think they are sitting on multiple PvP activities they could release, and based on cap performance will go with the largest one that works?

    Hopefully it has nothing to do with Cyrodiil, we need new scenery.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    After the cyrodiil pop tests so they can say which of their whiteboard options will end up in next years roadmap.

    You think they are sitting on multiple PvP activities they could release, and based on cap performance will go with the largest one that works?

    Hopefully it has nothing to do with Cyrodiil, we need new scenery.

    Personally, I think they have no large PVP content planned for 2024. Maybe we will see the work completed that they have been doing for the last couple of years.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You think they actually have been doing pvp related work the last couple of years? They were pretty clear when they said no pvp content until performance increases, and performance even had to be rolled back. Very doubtful we are getting pvp content in the near future, if ever.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly, I don't see much reason to wait for the letter. It's been mostly the same stuff every year since 2017. Why would anyone jones about it? It's not something that will make the next year different (because the next year - 2024 in this case - has been mostly set in stone since 2020.....)
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
Sign In or Register to comment.