Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are there any external achievement trackers for the game?

dk_dunkirk
dk_dunkirk
✭✭✭
I saw some posts about people having "completed" the game (just before Endless Archive dropped), and it got me to looking, and I saw that I had about half of the game "done." So, after 2,500 hours, I've turned my attention to actually finishing the game: doing ALL the quests and the achievements I can do, excepting vet dungeons and trials, and PVP (for now). I had already unlocked all the way shrines and collected every sky shard on my main. Now I'm collecting the collectibles, scrying everything I can, etc. I've collected all the cheap houses, and I'm working on finishing the base zones so I can buy the 3 for the achievement. This is what's driving me these days. I don't even do writs on my 10 toons any more, because, hey, you can't do everything at once, and that's a half hour I'm not stealing stuff for the larceny achievements. I've just finished the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quest lines. I've collected all of the recipes but the tortes, have just a couple hundred more motifs to find, and I'm working on the low-hanging fruit for all the furnishings. I'm reading all the books in the zone after I finish the quests.

Anyway, I say all of this to paint a picture for why I'm asking. The in-game tracking is meh. I've added a bunch of mods to help, but it's still kind of hard to use. It would be great to have a web site where I could punch in my account, and have it track all of this in an easier-to-access way. Does anything like this exist? (I've tried the only app I could find on iOS that simply did not work, and refunded it.) If not, is there any facility in the game/servers to allow for this? If not, that seems like it would be a cool addition. Just a read-only way to see, for instance, which books you haven't collected, or how many more pockets you needed to pick, or which zones you still needed to find some merchant to extort. If you could plug that into a web site, you could link it to the relevant pages in UESP. I played for a few hundred hours on console. Given the lack of mods on PS/Xbox, this could be an even greater help for the people on those platforms too.
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect example: https://spicyeconomics.com/style-pages/. I love to collect the Opal style pages, and have a saved tab in Master Merchant for searching for ones I don't know at a vendor. But I've got most of them now, and going through the in-game tracker to see which ones I still need is difficult. If I could go to a web site, and see the ones I have NOT collected in gold, and the ones I HAVE collected grayed-out, that would be exactly what I'm imagining.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might check with the guys at ESO Hub. I don't know if they have something like this already, but if not, they might consider adding it if there was enough interest.

It might be a HUGE time effort though, I have no idea about that.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    From what I'm reading, there's no public API to the servers/database. There's only an in-game client API. It would seem the best I could do with this would be something like TTC's client, where it "sees" what I'm looking at in guild vendors, and then uploads the data to their web site. Anyone understand differently?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    achievements are pretty easy to track through the achievements tab now, unless you wanted more individual tracking there is pithkas achievement tracker for dungeon/trial achievements

for collecting:

i use a combination of "master recipe list" and "character knowledge", and possibly "unknown tracker" to keep track if i need recipes, blueprints, or motifs

there is another one that is similar called "event collectibles" which keeps track of all event-related collectibles (style pages, or other collectibles like emotes/body markings/face markings/pets/mounts/etc)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    I'll check out those mods. I tried character knowledge, but I get all of that from something else already (though the name escapes me). I can't find a way to track the style pages, but maybe that's under the event collectibles.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    event collectibles only accounts the collectibles which are available through events, not like general style pages (such as the ones earned from vateshran or BGs)

i havent taken a look if there is an addon that tracks all collectibles (non-event related)

i think it was unknown tracker that i used to actually mark style pages if i needed to learn them on my main
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's https://www.eso-database.com/en/ which requires an external tool to run now and then. It tracks quite a lot of stuff but I think the UI is kind of not helpful. Might be worth a look, though, as I'm not entirely sure what exactly you're looking for.