Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Is there a way to hide the Dark Brotherhood assassination target pin?

Dahveed
Dahveed
✭✭✭✭✭
I've disabled everything in the UI that I can find, and I also use Pinkiller to hide literally everything...

But when I have an assassination quest there is still an obnoxious Black Hand icon floating directly above the head of my targets. It's so silly.

Any kind of fun or immersion of finding and stalking my target is out the window... I'm not sure what they were thinking when they designed this, especially not giving me the option to remove it.

I can even see behind walls with it... Like, I just show up to a brand new place I've never been before and I can "see" my target through the walls on the second floor of a building I just entered for the first time? Really?

No investigation, no challenge to find my prey. Just go to the marker and press a button.

Please ZoS add an interface option to remove this...
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbf pretty much every quest in the game is either go to marker and press a button or go to marker and kill, so they probably didn't see the harm in one more of the same
    PS4 EU
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not just abandon the quit and pick it up again if/when you want to do actually it?

I got rid of any quests I have no intention of completing a long time ago.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Why not just abandon the quit and pick it up again if/when you want to do actually it?

I got rid of any quests I have no intention of completing a long time ago.

I think you misunderstood the post.

I want to do the quest, but I want to be able to hide the big fat icon on my target so I have to actually find it myself.

Pinkiller doesn't hide these, I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to hide them so I can make the DB quest feel less game-ified and more immersive.
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Tbf pretty much every quest in the game is either go to marker and press a button or go to marker and kill, so they probably didn't see the harm in one more of the same

Yeah, that's why I use Pinkiller... unfortunately that addon doesn't include the DB quests, it would seem.

I posted here in the off-chance someone might know of a similar mod for DB but I couldn't find anything online.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahveed wrote: »
    lillybit wrote: »

Yeah, that's why I use Pinkiller... unfortunately that addon doesn't include the DB quests, it would seem.

I posted here in the off-chance someone might know of a similar mod for DB but I couldn't find anything online.

Perhaps contact the mod author for Pinkiller? Maybe s/he can add what you're looking for into the addon. You can usually contact addon authors through the comments section on their mod page.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a sign from Sithis.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    It's a sign from Sithis.

If they want it changed, how about making the target have one white eye, like the Litany Of Blood targets?