Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

I suppose we should congratulate the monopolization of the Arcanist—

Alharion
Alharion
✭✭✭
I guess we have to say congratulations to those who decide to put on a superpowerful class, congratulations on having a class that breaks all the pvp no CP in this year 2023, congratulations on a class that can play easily with 2 or 3 spells, and a class that plays as a hack'n slash in an MMORPG, so there you go, bravo the devs for this beautiful idea, the experience is super nice to die so easily in front of this class thank devs for this incredible experience of 2023, ah and also to see more and more opponents being Arcanists...

[Snip]

[Edited for rude/discussing disciplinary action]
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 30, 2023 4:16PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you died in PVP, welcome to the club. Some of us have been getting wiped for years, mostly because of lag. Cyrodiil is not a level playing field and for some of us it is out of our control - at least you can roll an arcanist yourself.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was the same with wardens and necros too.
    Wait a year, till they are nerfed to death and everything will be fine again.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was the same with wardens and necros too.

DK again*.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Alharion
    Alharion
    ✭✭✭

um, i don't remember it being as catastrophic as with the arcanist right now, the necro might be a little bit, because now it's really horrible...
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, then we can go back to talking about Templar's beam being overpowered again. :D
    Some things never change.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when everyone unanimously hated Nightblades?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am guessing the Maarselok/dw/vate combo got you. It’s not Arcanist that are the issue, it’s that combo. Arcanist are fine. And before you’re like YoU aRe A aRcAnIsT. No… my main is a broken/bottom of barrel Necro and in PvP I am a Magsorc. I have an Arcanist but I am still Skysharding on them rn
  • notReclaimer
    notReclaimer
    ✭✭
    arcanist is trash in pvp what
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, then we can go back to talking about Templar's beam being overpowered again. :D
    Some things never change.

i think you meant to say 'Nerf Sorc' but it just came out wrong somehow when you said it...
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Listen. learn what marketing is and how it works. arcanist is the new shiny and they are trying to make money off of it until the next new shiny comes out and then arcanist will get nerfed and the new shiny will be buffed. wash. rinse. repeat. no need for all your drama. wanna be dramaed over something? there's crowns, pve server performance, and permaglow on nightblades are still real popular. Or make your own on some other topic. all you've done is show us you dont understand how marketig works without saying you dont know how marketing works. If you'd like to beat some other dead horse, there's pvp play that could use some fesh meat to stoke the flames some more???
    Edited by YetAnotherLinuxUser on November 30, 2023 1:33AM
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf sorcs.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Arcanist isn't even as powerful as NB. Sure, Arcanist is good at slaying new/lesser skilled players but that is the same for every class. Only thing annoying about Arcanist is the root and stun. Otherwise, their damage is pretty preventable unless Arcanist is running meta combo sets. Now, that is sets doing all the work and works on all classes. Even makes Necro somewhat viable too.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am sensing ... some OP bitterness ...
    Haven't even looked at Arcanist yet, although I have the class option.

Too much green crap everywhere

Have no desire to even try it.

:#
  • Julia_Nix
    Julia_Nix
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the same thing about Wardens Dive ability in pvp
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nerf sorcs.

You are just jealous that no class can touch sorc when it comes to doing daily writs smh my head...
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Um, how are you dying to Arcanists in pvp?? Even Necro is more threatening, and Necro is trash in pvp.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, how are you dying to Arcanists in pvp?? Even Necro is more threatening, and Necro is trash in pvp.

Break free from stun works like half of the time if you don't block it.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock says; “Nerf paper, scissors are fine.”
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭

Bro this is only class who have a stun that works trough immunity. What else you need to call it op?
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thread was made for PvP, but it's very much true for PvE as well...
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alharion wrote: »
    I guess we have to say congratulations to those who decide to put on a superpowerful class, congratulations on having a class that breaks all the pvp no CP in this year 2023, congratulations on a class that can play easily with 2 or 3 spells, and a class that plays as a hack'n slash in an MMORPG, so there you go, bravo the devs for this beautiful idea, the experience is super nice to die so easily in front of this class thank devs for this incredible experience of 2023, ah and also to see more and more opponents being Arcanists...

[Snip]

Lol arcanist is the reason i'm even playing eso atm. plus all the people that came back to eso just because of arcanist.

dragon knight >>>>>> everyone on pvp. arcanist ult is strong there i guess.
    That being said. having my pve nerfed because of pvp is just something that.... ugh.... pvp...

honestly ignoring pvp. because....ugh... pvp...other classes do need reworks and buffs.

but we all know by next year when next expansion is coming arcanist will be destroyed.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 30, 2023 4:16PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Is this just a clever way of saying "ramping costs for Nightblade cloak"?
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Is this just a clever way of saying "ramping costs for Nightblade cloak"?

Oh, and let's not forget stop cross-healing
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arc isn't even the 2nd strongest class in PvP now.
  • redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭

[Snip]

if you don't want to die to players then don't go to pvp! arcanists arent OP. let me tell you an experience I had which made me ragequit pvp. i was in Cyrodil with some alliance pals grabbing stuff and farming points to get the gladiator skin. there was ONE SINGLE GUY killing everyone, and I don't mean killing 1 or 2 but killing people by the 10s this guy would move close to a group the whole group would gang on him, and he would unleash the destruction staff ultimate and nuke everyone, what's worse, it seemed like he was able to spam his ultimate and his hp never went below half he alone was able to push us all and take most of the map. you whine about the arcanist as if it was a meta breaking class but the mage is already here breaking the meta since day 1 and I don't see you whining about it. again, if you don't like to be killed by players then stay away from pvp. stop complaining about others without knowing, first get an arcanist character build it and see it for yourself. i bet it wont be better than sorcerer spamming magic storms and nuking complete alliances in Cyrodil

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 30, 2023 4:17PM
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanist isn't that great of a PvP class based on it's skills alone honestly. Most of it's class skills like fatecarver and tentacles are pretty hard to hit in PvP. The class does give minor evasion as a group buff which is really strong, and the shield is extremely overtuned in PvP scenarios, but that's about it. Most arcanist I see are crutching on proc sets to do anything. Stacking health with the shield is really strong and that should be adjusted, but the class is fine in PvP otherwise.

I think arcanist is much stronger in competitive PvE scenarios more than anything. There's been some crazy scores posted for PvE content since the class has been released. That's a different story though.

Edited by Stamicka on November 30, 2023 3:09PM
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I, too, die to arcanists a lot.

If ya can't beat em, join em!
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Snip]

Except arcanists aren't especially powerful. DPS is weak with arcanist. Their sole strong point is their shields and group buffing abilities.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 30, 2023 4:17PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing thats actually strong is their defensive in pvp and thats a necessary skill for pve tanks since they have no burst heal. If its nerfed they will be binned for tanking, full stop. Without that they couldnt stack hp and actually do damage hence their shield which scales off hp wouldnt even be that strong for pvp at all. They crutch of proc sets and undeath just like everything else except dk and nb. Be mad at the root cause not the symptoms smh
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on November 30, 2023 3:38PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As this thread has begun to derail with bashing, rude, and non-constructive comments, we've decided to close it down. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful with the Forum Rules in mind.

Thank you for understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.