Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Constant boots from server

williamrathkampnub18_ESO
I've been playing ESO since it first came out and loved it. I'm 81 now and after a long layoff, I decided to come back. I can't tell you how disappointed I am now with the constant boots from the game every 5 to 10 minutes of playing. I've tried every recommended fix I've seen on the internet with no positive result. If I'm ranting now I apologize. I guess I'm looking for some advice. I truly love ESO.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 29, 2023 6:35PM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you doing when you get booted?
    Any pattern you can discern?

There used to be the issue of server kicks if you turned in too many master writs in a row, too quickly, but that hasn't happened to me in a long while.

Another issue can be if your ISP is lagging and then blip-spamming the ESO server with an accumulation of your accumulated inputs all at once.

[edit]: There are reports of random players getting booted since yesterdays hardware update, but it hasn't happened to me, yet, so I have no clue of other commonality.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Edited by twev on November 29, 2023 4:58PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • williamrathkampnub18_ESO
    No pattern at all that I can see. My ISP is running at over 250 mbs. The one thing I forgot to mention is that after I'm booted, my computer runs at a crawl for awhile.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are your machine specs and operating system? Which server are you on and where in the real world do you play from?

Are you using fully wired devices, i.e. mouse, keyboard and internet connection?

Are you playing through ZOS or Steam?

• Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check your direct X and your Visual C++ Redistributable...also update your Video Drivers

If it still does it I would look at your Firewall
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same. I'm on laptop, sure, so have to use public locations, but I'm at the same location I've played from for years. Monday logged in and played just fine. Tuesday after the patch, and now today, within maybe 5 min or so I'll get randomly dropped, then when trying to log back in get 'error 307 booted from server' and have to wait like 10 min before trying to log in again.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also run a file repair from the launcher. There may be some corruption somewhere in the installation.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too get randomly booted from server. I drop back to the login screen where since new patch a popup asks me to wait a few minutes.

Before the patch I got booted much more often. Now It occurs more rarely but still.

It usually starts with some longer lag (about maybe 2 or 3sec) during which all freezes, then the action sort of switches almost instantly to the up to date status and then I have another freeze which ends with the boot.

Can happen anywhere no pattern observed.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've complained about this in a ticket a few times and the best they ever get to is "Stop using a VPN"

The best part is I don't use a VPN. They refuse to admit their servers are the problem and not our hardware.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Which OS are you using?

Just asking because I had the same issue for quite some time until I "upgraded" to Win 11. Since then I wasn't booted even once.

All other things I tried (everything from reinstalling drivers, direct X and distributables up to various network modifications) didn't change anything before.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen a couple of times on PS5 here in the last couple of weeks - last 30 seconds or so leading up to it is real laggy, rubberbanding, then - booted from server. Once that occurs, there usually no problem logging right back in.

CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

Because there is a thread already open on this topic, we're going to close this one down so that all feedback can be consolidated in one place. You may continue the discussion here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.