Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Archival bound style page - character bound

fizl101
fizl101
✭✭✭✭✭
Please can these be account bound rather than character bound?

I bought the spawn of mephala mask style page this morning and literally just as I clicked buy I saw it was character bound rather than account, so I can't move it to my crafter to learn it

Edit to add - I am already aware that as a style page they are available to all once learned, however I prefer to learn all on my crafter anyway. Its about the fact they are character bound rather than account bound

Thanks
Edited by fizl101 on November 29, 2023 12:30PM
Soupy twist
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    style pages aren't crafting motifs.
    you do not need to learn it on your crafter.

it is only a style page.
    you will get it unlocked for all your characters as it is a style page.
    Edited by LunaFlora on November 29, 2023 10:52AM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    style pages aren't crafting motifs.
    you do not need to learn it on your crafter.

it is only a style page.
    you will get it unlocked for all your characters as it is a style page.

i understand, but even style pages I prefer my crafter to be the one learning them all. Not sure why they need to be character bound TBH
    Soupy twist
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i do not know why they are character bound, but there is no reason for them not to be.
    there's no difference learning it on other characters.

the Archival Fortunes currency is account bound so it's like buying an outfit style from the crown store,
    but instead of getting the style immediately you have to consume a style page.

you can buy the style page with your crafter, but there's no difference.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a style page is learned your entire account knows it. It makes absolutely zero difference what character learns it.

It's not a motif, where the motif unlocks a style for the entire account, but the motif itself is only known by that character (because motifs are tied to master writ drop rates).
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points