Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Vateshran voidbarrier kills my bolting sorc

subarctic
subarctic
✭✭✭
And it seems like my Storm Calling morphs have been reset to level 1 from level 4.

When I hit Ball of Lightning 1, to bypass the voidbarrier in Vateshran’s last boss fight, I get instakilled. This never happened before. Is it a bug or did sorcs get nerfed today?

Update: some other skills from the other sorc skill lines have also been downgraded from IV to III and I.
Edited by subarctic on November 28, 2023 11:53PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about the skill level changes but I can tell you that the vateshran skip I don't think is new. I think I discovered the change like a year ago.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    Imo this trick should not be available at all. That beam is actually one of the hardest mechanics there for unprepared adventurers and it was really unfair that sorcerer could just ignore it while rest couldn't
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm - have to try the arcanist portal thing, see if that can bypass the death circle on that boss fight.

Otherwise, none of my Storm Calling skills have changed, they're all still maxed out. (I'm on PC/NA)
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭
    I’m on EU PC. My sorc has bolted past voidbarriers every day the last 45 days. (I suck playing Vateshran…) Only yesterday did the voidbarrier kill my bolting sorc. Why?
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    subarctic wrote: »
    I’m on EU PC. My sorc has bolted past voidbarriers every day the last 45 days. (I suck playing Vateshran…) Only yesterday did the voidbarrier kill my bolting sorc. Why?

You're not Han Solo, stop trying to do landing approaches at lightspeed. Also try Psijic ultimate if you really want to cheat the system or simply play it as intended.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭
    @Kisakee Sorc has always had a skill intended to bypass voidbarrier. Why was this skill nerfed during maintenance yesterday?

Each class or race should have at least one special ability, or they’ll all be the same basically, which is boring, anti-diversity.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trundik wrote: »
    Imo this trick should not be available at all. That beam is actually one of the hardest mechanics there for unprepared adventurers and it was really unfair that sorcerer could just ignore it while rest couldn't

theres a lot of skills that can bypass that besides the sorc skill

NB shadow image (extremely easy to use)

psijic ult (available to any class) (i would say this one is a little difficult to time correctly though)

ive also heard dragon leap can work to jump over the barrier, but also probably hard to time correctly and requires there being adds alive outside the ring (DKs can easily just sit in the middle and tank through the explosion with magma shell though which is far easier)

im sure the arcanist portal could also bypass it too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    dang sucks when an exploit gets fixed, huh?
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not an exploit, just bland if all classes and races are basically the same when facing challenges. But can someone confirm whether sorc bolt no longer works when bypassing voidbarrier? Or does it not work because there is a bug after maintenance which (in my case at least) has reverted it back from level IV to I? Will it work again if I get this skill up to level IV again?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s not an exploit, just bland if all classes and races are basically the same when facing challenges. But can someone confirm whether sorc bolt no longer works when bypassing voidbarrier? Or does it not work because there is a bug after maintenance which (in my case at least) has reverted it back from level IV to I? Will it work again if I get this skill up to level IV again?

the only sorc i have is a healer and not meant for arenas, i dont think i ever even used streak lol

the methods i have used in the past was magma shell on DK to just tank out in the middle of the ring and let the explosion happen and i tried to use psijic ult to bypass but that proved too finicky to be useful (the ring moves really really slow so very hard to time it correctly)

99% of the time i usually just kill one of the ring enemies and dodge roll through the opening lol, the only time i did the magma shell method was when i was going for the achievement to not kill any of the ring enemies during the fight
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭
    I just spent an hour leveling up my sorc skills again, after “maintenance” yesterday put them back to level 1, and now bolting can bypass voidbarrier again, after I levelled it up to VI.

Also noticed that many others were grinding in Spellscar EU while I was re-levelling my sorc skills.

Really bad that “mainentance” down-levels the skills of a character.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭
    My arcanist orc also has down-levelled skills. Why? Anybody else got this issue? In Spellscar many were grinding there, not for flame atronach endeavor but in the ice atronach area, so seems like at least some people are maybe re-levelling skills.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it’s pretty arbitrary and random to change this with no announcement

also, AREN’T THERE MORE PRESSING ISSUES THAT WOULD IMPROVE THE GAME?