Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Toxic casuals are real?

• Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah. There is an actual definition.

I was called a Toxic casual because I play a Nord Nightblade....so there indeed may be a definition...but how laughable is it is the real question.

Edited by Warhawke_80 on December 2, 2023 3:37AM
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They sure do exist. 90% of a certain other game's community are.

I haven't noticed it here, though.
  • Lexalious
    Lexalious
    ✭✭✭
    Lexalious wrote: »
    did you never get kicked out from a random vet dungeon cuz you were rushing in killing everything before the group reaches? yeah they exist alright. thinking their right to experience the dungeon is more important than me doing my pledges quick.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...

why would it be sarcasm?

im a normal person who ran the same dungeon 5000 times. i want it to end quick cuz i need keys. some casual wants to "exoerience" the dungeon, the scenery and all,, yet queues vet to play with random. anyways entitled people be entitled

if you want a quick run why dont you use the group finder and look for a quick run group? why do you get exclusive rights to the random dungeon finder and the casual does not? yoiu who are experienced have a responsibility to those who are inexperienced not the other way around.

im just trying to demonstrate a different perspective, im not saying im right they are wrong. what makes them toxic is when they become aggressive about it, kicking you from the group even, without asking nicely. i always and i mean always help out fellow beginners as best as i can.
    also group finder exists since the last update. the 39 updates before this, we didn't have that option. and trying to get a quick run the slow way. how inovative
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Toxic casuals are very common in ESO, that's true.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first day I played this game, and encountered a world-boss in Vvardenfell with my baby Nightblade - I think she was level four or something - I got a whisper from a dork who told me I should ''uninstall the game!'' After we defeated the world-boss and nobody died.

Cheers!

• PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cerbolt wrote: »
    If this is your idea of toxic you must have very thin skin.

This is now most of the western world, unfortunately. Can't do anything at all these days without walking on eggshells and you must follow the status-quo with no exceptions

It's systemic brainwashing, all part of the plan to tear down the fabric of society as we know it but that's another rabbit hole for another day
    Edited by PieMaster1 on December 6, 2023 1:35PM
  • ZharaX
    ZharaX
    ✭✭✭
    did you never get kicked out from a random vet dungeon cuz you were rushing in killing everything before the group reaches? yeah they exist alright. thinking their right to experience the dungeon is more important than me doing my pledges quick.

Fracking good for Democrazy: 3 of 4 voting, NO FACKING WAY -> This gotta Stop :)
    The picture on the wall is chaotic.
    I don't want to look at it, but when I do,
    I cannot speak because of the confusion in my head!
  • Tallon_IV
    Tallon_IV
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I had never encountered this before, and usually received toxic and offensive comments in my direction from PvP players. But this...
    thsx5banah6b.png

Jesus Christ, I didn’t even ask you, why did I need to write this?

That person has what we call main character syndrome.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was few times that a player would do that definitely would not work but insisted to do that anyways and responded "stfu" on a polite advice or demanding from others to pull up weight while not having their own and dying too fast aggroing everything or skipping adds. But it happens rather rarely nowadays. There are some units that mindlessly copy some outdated build they saw on yt then any suggestion for something like changing where they stand take as personal attack because "its an archer build" but there is nothing a kick vote cannot fix if their actions seriously hinder the rest of the group.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A player on one of those mega bright apex mounts pushed in front of me when I was mid-way through adjusting my look at the outfitter station in Murkmire which caused me to accidently hit the 'apply' button and waste 100g.

I messaged demanding my gold back, and the reply was quite frankly shocking.

This casual toxic behaviour has got to stop.

Edited by Rowjoh on December 6, 2023 4:43PM
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    A player on one of those mega bright apex mounts pushed in front of me when I was mid-way through adjusting my look at the outfitter station in Murkmire and I was so put out that I accidently hit the apply button, wasting 100g.

Someone in a public area dared go near you at an outfit station, and caused you to accidentally press apply? So you message them to give you a whopping 100 gold? And you're wondering why they gave you a bad reply?

Apologies if this was a satire post, with the kind of people on this forum and the internet in general you can never really tell
  • centime
    centime
    ✭✭✭
    PieMaster1 wrote: »
    A player on one of those mega bright apex mounts pushed in front of me when I was mid-way through adjusting my look at the outfitter station in Murkmire and I was so put out that I accidently hit the apply button, wasting 100g.

Apologies if this was a satire post, with the kind of people on this forum and the internet in general you can never really tell

That was my initial assumption, that they must have been being sarcastic. But after thinking about it for a second I wasn't sure. Unfortunate that they lost 100g by accidentally pressing "apply", but it is hardly the fault of someone playing the game in the way it is meant to be played.

Players pushing in front of others isn't really a thing imo, and sometimes you can't stop in time to avoid being in front of someone else. Where you are in relation to other players and the station in question is irrelevant; everything still functions as intended and it is not necessary to queue for station use.

Also, while I am not personally a fan of the flashy mounts, they are a part of the game and players are well within their rights to use them. It would be nice if they weren't used in close proximity to crafting stations, wayshrines, etc., but that is my personal bias and no one is required to abide by it.

• huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they are using "casual" the way you think...

It's casual in that it isn't targeted aggressive toxicity, so I believe they are using casual as a placeholder for passive aggressive.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PieMaster1 wrote: »

Someone in a public area dared go near you at an outfit station, and caused you to accidentally press apply? So you message them to give you a whopping 100 gold? And you're wondering why they gave you a bad reply?

This has made my life a misery, I have constant nightmares and my wife has left me taking all our pets turtles with her.
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they are using "casual" the way you think...

It's casual in that it isn't targeted aggressive toxicity, so I believe they are using casual as a placeholder for passive aggressive.

Yeah...

it seems like Passive Aggressive didn't target the group they want to bang on hard enough so now it's Toxic Casual....I miss the days when we just had jerks and good eggs....

I see no reason to divide further than that.
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné