Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Toxic casuals are real?

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
✭✭✭✭✭
Honestly, I had never encountered this before, and usually received toxic and offensive comments in my direction from PvP players. But this...
thsx5banah6b.png

Jesus Christ, I didn’t even ask you, why did I need to write this?
Edited by Parasaurolophus on November 28, 2023 8:52PM
PC/EU
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ineptitude is toxic then yes. 3 DD runs are standard for many encounters.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only heard about Toxic Avenger, but Toxic Casual ? Nope. Either way, I have not seen them in-game anyway.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lixiviant wrote: »
    I really don't see how this is in the toxic category.

Just sit at the Vulkhel Guard Wayshrine and listen to some of the characters in zone chat; now that is toxic. :D

That's why I have all chat turned off, including text.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually really want to either create an addon (would need to learn how) or for someone to make an addon that makes the chat window start closed by default at login because unless it flashes when someone is actually sending me a message I'd want it closed by default unless I open it myself.
  • Lexalious
    Lexalious
    ✭✭✭
    Lexalious wrote: »
    im a normal person who ran the same dungeon 5000 times. i want it to end quick cuz i need keys. some casual wants to "exoerience" the dungeon, the scenery and all,, yet queues vet to play with random. anyways entitled people be entitled
    Unfortunately, this is something we all sign up for when doing dungeons via group finder. And I get it, it may get very frustrating. Especially if one is farming a mythic lead and it does not drop for a long time. But whenever I have to do a dungeon that requires other people due to mechanics, I try to be empathic and when I am getting angry, I try to think that those are other players too, same as I am, and they are also playing same game with me. Sometimes people do stupid things and doing Vet Dung to go "sightseeing" is one of them. But then again - base game dungeons have "I" & "II" variants, that are different. Maybe player thought that "Veteran" mode has slightly different dungeon too ?Idk.

Anyway, when I can do dungeons solo - I do them alone because it works both ways. A player rushing through the dungeon may ruin the experience for others, same as one player slowing down the team cuz they are doing dungeon quest for 1 skill point. I only do group dungeons in group when the mechanics require other players.

im sure my fellow sweats can agree as well that i respect and love all the people playing this game. what i called out there was me getting kicked out of the dungeon, or getting scolded for doing what i do. i love the casuals, the toxic ones can be pretty rude tho. problem is them thinking the others are the toxic ones. well anyways good thread
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Right!?

You go in to work on Friday, and your coworker is like.... "Dude, I'm WAY more casual than you! Look at you! You call THAT casual? I call that laughing my asual off. " 🙄

Super toxic.

PC/NA @GP323
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually really want to either create an addon (would need to learn how) or for someone to make an addon that makes the chat window start closed by default at login because unless it flashes when someone is actually sending me a message I'd want it closed by default unless I open it myself.

Chat Window Manager - if you use minion, just input that in the search field. If not, go to ESO UI and search.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A troll got you good.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toxic (insert anything) is always real, but that's really far from it, you're lucky if that's the worst one encountered:)