Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

What did you do/are doing during maintenance?

• EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least the launcher isn't instantly erroring out, so that's a good sign.

I'll ask this crowd, would you prefer a company post a10 hour window and then come in 4 hours early, or a company post a 6 hour window and come in an hour later for their maintenance posts?
    Antiquities Addict
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhh four hours early?

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »
    At least the launcher isn't instantly erroring out, so that's a good sign.

I'll ask this crowd, would you prefer a company post a10 hour window and then come in 4 hours early, or a company post a 6 hour window and come in an hour later for their maintenance posts?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647858/megaserver-maintenance-november-28-info#latest
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Well since maintenance has been extended by four hours I guess I might get some Christmas shopping started.

Where does it say this? Banner still says maintenance would end 19.00 UTC (11 minutes ago)
    Edited by Ishtarknows on November 28, 2023 7:11PM
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    Cook...
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Well since maintenance has been extended by four hours I guess I might get some Christmas shopping started.

Where does it say this? Banner still says maintenance would end 19.00 UTC (11 minutes ago)

Here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647858/megaserver-maintenance-november-28-info#latest
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Work (from home)... And play some Starfield while automation runs or I'm waiting on humans to finish tasks and get back to me.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to work, spend time with my wife and 2 small kids. I only play eso from 9pm or so until 12pm-1am so server downtimes pretty much never have had any effect on me lol.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing World of Warships, asymmetric battles and grinding my Spanish cruisers.
  • Lucifer1309
    Lucifer1309
    Soul Shriven
    Fallout76
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Server came down 8pm (AEST) my time, was cooking, watching a movie then went and read a book till 1am, then went to sleep. After 6am now, still no server so having breakfast and doing some other stuff on the PC. Will get enthusiastic shortly and go start some cleaning, too cold outside yet to do any gardening.

I will eventually get to play some ESO.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting in a hospital drinking god awful stuff. Waiting on the IV for the dye, so they can scan me to determine when they can perform the next surgery.

Yup, nothing enjoyable
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Belegnole wrote: »
    Sitting in a hospital drinking god awful stuff. Waiting on the IV for the dye, so they can scan me to determine when they can perform the next surgery.

Yup, nothing enjoyable

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

Hope that the results of the scan are auspicious.
  • AllegedParadigm
    AllegedParadigm
    ✭✭✭
    Played some of my other games and watched tv.
    PC/NA August 2020 | Aldmeri Dominion - Grand Overlord & Former Empress | Koritha Larethian, Yaeli al-Iskour, Vaynth Andalen, Cylthia Oakthorn
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance should have ended 15 minutes ago... and I am still waiting till I can login...
  • evan302
    evan302
    ✭✭✭
    @EdjeSwift
    Neither because both would make planning my day difficult.
    That said, the second option would be the worst out of the two because it would mean me sitting at the PC when maintenance was due to end and looking at the server status every few minutes (rather like I am doing now).

Better communication where we get a message before maintenance is scheduled to end along the lines of,
    'Sorry, but due to circumstances beyond our control, maintenance will not be ending on time.'
    Along with an estimated time or just saying they'll give us an estimated time as soon as they can, that would keep me happy.
    Edited by evan302 on November 28, 2023 7:20PM
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing GW2
    Also took a wonderful nap. I should do that more often. Naps are good
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    evan302 wrote: »
    @EdjeSwift
    Neither because both would make planning my day difficult.
    That said, the second option would be the worst option because it would mean me sitting at the PC when maintenance was due to end and looking at the server status every few minutes (rather like I am doing now).

Better communication where we get a message before maintenance is scheduled to end along the lines of,
    'Sorry, but due to circumstances beyond our control, maintenance will not be ending on time.'
    Along with an estimated time or just saying they'll give us an estimated time as soon as they can, that would keep me happy.

I concur, when I used to work for an MMO we took the first stance of overestimating maintenance and then opening early, we got complaints of people's day being allocated incorrectly or "missing out" on game time because of our policy, but we also took that policy cause it covered most big issues, but we did go over occasionally.

That said, I find ESO's version a little optimistic, but I know people want instant answers, but I've not found them too bad in getting to us within the hour, which in the corporate world is amazing turnaround time, especially with the all the channels they need to communicate through.
    Antiquities Addict
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a lot of planned housework earlier, now re-watching The Witcher and occasionally popping in here hoping to see if the extended is magically completed.
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played something better maintained
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching YouTube and having a laugh at conspiracy videos.
  • Major_Soulless
    Major_Soulless
    ✭✭✭
    play fifa
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭
    At work for the day till maintenance ends, then I'll be able to play lol
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭
    At work for the day till maintenance ends, then I'll be able to play lol

You hope. That was my plan too, but now it is extended through my entire evening so no ESO for me today, unless it comes back online at least an hour earlier than the estimate.

The Sims 4 for me for an hour or so. Let's see what sort of a disaster I left the household in last time I played.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am at work, i won't be home until maintenance is over
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tubi is streaming the classic Doctor Who. It's been fun seeing my favorite Doctors 1 through 5 again. I can't believe they got their hands on them from the BBC.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching Fawlty Towers again... can watch those infinitely and will always laugh.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently a little fed up with MMOs (ESO, and bored with F76), so I play Fallout 4 again after several years, started from new as many mods are no longer available, so my settlements looked strange.

I played ESO for 5 years, but currently just login for events and daily rewards, and some endeavours.
    So no problem with maintenance.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slaughtering demons in Diablo IV.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • darkriketz
      Titan Quest Anniversary Edition, second day of game. I love to discover games that I've never played on Steam.