Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Ticket Loss Prevention System

DahliaNightshade
DahliaNightshade
✭✭✭
Hello, I would like to point out that the "Ticket Loss Prevention System" which has been recently implemented has an unpleasant side effect: in this event, for example, we get 2 tickets per day, but if somehow we end up having 11 tickets, then the next day we cannot get any tickets, because the system would kick in and prevent the loss of that one ticket that would push us above the limit of 12.

I guess that a better implementation of this system could be to simply give us a warning when we are about to go beyond the limit, but still allow us to proceed if we want to.

As of now, I can't get the 12 maximum tickets, I will have 11 at the end of the event; I know it is not a big deal, I know this, but I would still like to.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sat this event out, and while not the only reason, it was the reason I decided not to pick up odd priced items. I have to buy items in multiples of the daily allowance of tickets.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • centime
    centime
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the ticket system seems rather cumbersome in the way it is implemented. A warning when we were about to go over the limit - as DahliaNightshade mentioned - would be a better way of handling the limit-breach issue imo. Especially with the odd priced items. Maybe I am missing something, but it really does seem as though ZOS could simplify this for us.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could fix this by adding an array of generally *useful* 1-ticket items to the Impressario's inventory.

They *should* fix this by allowing the system to grant a partial ticket reward based on how close to the 12-ticket limit one might be, instead of just refusing an entire ticket reward if one is closer to 12 than that event's daily ticket allocation.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • DragonRacer
      DragonRacer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Just change group repair kit from 2 tickets to 1. I don't think anyone would scream or cry and I, for one, would buy even more of them for my group runs and to get rid of the odd-numbered ticket.
      PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    • Pixiepumpkin
      Pixiepumpkin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just let us accumulate tickets with no maximum limits set. It would make me participate more because for example the current event has no rewards I care about, but if I could save tickets for future items I might care about I'd still play for the tickets.

Right now once I am ticket capped, I do not feel the need to participate in the events.
      "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
      PC/NA
    • DarrowLykos
      DarrowLykos
      ✭✭✭
      I like how often they do these maints during events and getting screwed out of the last set of event tickets lol.
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I got some items I didn't have previously from the event, like the voriplasm pet and body/face markings.

Still have leftover tickets. :/
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I like how often they do these maints during events and getting screwed out of the last set of event tickets lol.

They are extending the event to make up for today, so this isn't one of those times.
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Luckylancer
        Luckylancer
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Fix is simple. remove ticket cap during event. After the event ends, enforce 12 ticket limit. This is a very clean way to fix this problem.
        Just let us accumulate tickets with no maximum limits set. It would make me participate more because for example the current event has no rewards I care about, but if I could save tickets for future items I might care about I'd still play for the tickets.

Right now once I am ticket capped, I do not feel the need to participate in the events.

Devs do not want ticket stacking. Do not ask me why, I do not know.
      • TaSheen
        TaSheen
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        It's the "carrot on a stick" approach - if you don't have a huge stockpile of tickets, chances are good that you will play the events as they arrive to GET tickets for things you want.

Right now, it works for me - but that's only until I've got the last couple of indriks I want. After that I won't be doing anything but New Life, Jesters, Jubilee, and Witches (and not caring about tickets) - unless and until they stop with the morphing stuff they've been doing the last few years, none of which appealed to me; and doesn't look like 2024's will be any better....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
      • Vonnegut2506
        Vonnegut2506
        ✭✭✭
        Hello, I would like to point out that the "Ticket Loss Prevention System" which has been recently implemented has an unpleasant side effect: in this event, for example, we get 2 tickets per day, but if somehow we end up having 11 tickets, then the next day we cannot get any tickets, because the system would kick in and prevent the loss of that one ticket that would push us above the limit of 12.

I guess that a better implementation of this system could be to simply give us a warning when we are about to go beyond the limit, but still allow us to proceed if we want to.

As of now, I can't get the 12 maximum tickets, I will have 11 at the end of the event; I know it is not a big deal, I know this, but I would still like to.

You can still get that last ticket. I did it yesterday when I had 11/12. All you have to do is claim it anyway even though it warns you that it will put you over the cap. It gave me one ticket so I finished with 12/12.
      • ArchangelIsraphel
        ArchangelIsraphel
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

I agree with you- that, or they should at least raise the ticket limit to account for holding the amount of tickets gained in at least two full events, so that we can save up just a bit longer.
        Legends never die
        They're written down in eternity
        But you'll never see the price it costs
        The scars collected all their lives
        When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
        Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
        Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
        Legends never die
      • virtus753
        virtus753
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

They did announce (on the penultimate day) they’re addressing that issue. Their teams ought to be cross-referencing calendars before maintenance is even announced, but at least they responded in time to do something about it rather than just apologizing after the fact.
      • DahliaNightshade
        DahliaNightshade
        ✭✭✭
        You can still get that last ticket. I did it yesterday when I had 11/12. All you have to do is claim it anyway even though it warns you that it will put you over the cap. It gave me one ticket so I finished with 12/12.

Ah good, I didn't know that worked, tomorrow I will give it a try, thank you.
      • Elsonso
        Elsonso
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah good, I didn't know that worked, tomorrow I will give it a try, thank you.

It works for quests but not mob drops. This event is not hit as hard as the last one.
        Edited by Elsonso on November 28, 2023 3:17PM
        PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
        XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
        X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
      • DahliaNightshade
        DahliaNightshade
        ✭✭✭
        Elsonso wrote: »
        It works for quests but not mob drops. This event is not hit as hard as the last one.

What do you mean by that? We were talking about tickets, and tickets don't drop off mobs.
      • TaSheen
        TaSheen
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean by that? We were talking about tickets, and tickets don't drop off mobs.

Sometimes they do - or at least did: during some events the first "boss mob" killed drops the event tickets. Those are generally the events I like the least so don't play them, so they could have changed it....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
      • Alinhbo_Tyaka
        Alinhbo_Tyaka
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        This was brought up right after the change came out. It is just another case of a not very well thought out and implemented design. It would have been no more work to give a warning message and give the player the option to proceed or exit as they choose.
      • DahliaNightshade
        DahliaNightshade
        ✭✭✭
        TaSheen wrote: »

Sometimes they do - or at least did: during some events the first "boss mob" killed drops the event tickets. Those are generally the events I like the least so don't play them, so they could have changed it....

True, I forgot about that.
      • Darkheart
        Darkheart
        ✭✭✭
        TaSheen wrote: »

Then they need to make it the same for both ways . Now its confusing that one event let you take the tickets and let you go over 12 tickets and loose one and the other does not.
        Edited by Darkheart on November 28, 2023 3:52PM
        Returning Home to Daggerfall.
      • DahliaNightshade
        DahliaNightshade
        ✭✭✭
        Darkheart wrote: »
        Then they need to make it the same for both ways . Now its confusing that one event let you take the tickets and let you go over 12 tickets and loose one and the other does not.

Yes, absolutely, a bit more consistency in this would go a long way.
      • daim
        daim
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »
        They could fix this by adding an array of generally *useful* 1-ticket items to the Impressario's inventory.

They *should* fix this by allowing the system to grant a partial ticket reward based on how close to the 12-ticket limit one might be, instead of just refusing an entire ticket reward if one is closer to 12 than that event's daily ticket allocation.

Agree. Easy fix, just add a potato to impresario that costs 1 ticket.

...and then people start to complain that they accidentally spent their 12 tickets for 12 potatoes :D
        ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
        PC|EU
      • Dagoth_Rac
        Dagoth_Rac
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

They drop off final boss of Black Drake Villa, Red Petal Bastion, Cauldron, and Dread Cellar. If you are at 11 tickets, you get warning message but no tickets to loot. If you do the zone dailies, turning in quest will give warning, and you can back out and go spend tickets, or just ignore warning, finish quest, and lose some potential tickets but still be at 12.
      • DahliaNightshade
        DahliaNightshade
        ✭✭✭
        Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

They drop off final boss of Black Drake Villa, Red Petal Bastion, Cauldron, and Dread Cellar. If you are at 11 tickets, you get warning message but no tickets to loot. If you do the zone dailies, turning in quest will give warning, and you can back out and go spend tickets, or just ignore warning, finish quest, and lose some potential tickets but still be at 12.

Thank you for this explanation, I've been running the dungeons but only after doing the dailies, so I never noticed that.
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

They must have made a change after the last time this was pointed out, then.

When I tried that in the first event right after they implemented the Loss Prevention system, I had 11/12 and tried to claim the tickets for that day, and it wouldn't give me ANY. I had to spend some tickets, then do something else to get the tickets to drop again.
          PC/NA Warden Main
        • Treeshka
          Treeshka
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          They need to add something to Event Merchant that costs one Event Ticket so people can adjust their ticket count and earn more or reach cap before event ends.
        • kringled_1
          kringled_1
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          Grizzbeorn wrote: »

They must have made a change after the last time this was pointed out, then.

When I tried that in the first event right after they implemented the Loss Prevention system, I had 11/12 and tried to claim the tickets for that day, and it wouldn't give me ANY. I had to spend some tickets, then do something else to get the tickets to drop again.

I think that was the undaunted event, so all tickets came from boss drops where you don't have the option to force it to lose 1. It's when tickets come from a quest turn in that you have the choice to ignore the warning.
        • DahliaNightshade
          DahliaNightshade
          ✭✭✭
          Hello again, I just wanted to add that I tested this today and by turning a daily quest I got the 1 ticket I was missing to reach the 12 limit.

On the other hand, I didn't know about the inconsistency of this system, because apparently this only works if you turn in a daily quest but not if you get your tickets off the final boss of a dungeon included in the event, as this has been pointed out in one of the previous posts.

Regards