Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Who is your favorite companion and why?

Tornaad
Tornaad
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm personally a fan of Ember. She is hilarious.

Who is your favorite companion and why? 247 votes

Mirrii
11%
chessalavakia_ESOZabulusflizomicaGroterdanMathius_MordredRebornV3xmabolethMjolnirVilkasGiantFruitFlyAcadianPaladinNoggin_the_NogRR_DF_RaptorRedWILC0RebirthmentSyldrasArchangelIsrapheljtm1018Daimonion82HlanuAzuraFan 28 votes
Bastian
11%
KendaricErdbeermuffinTreselegantSheridanReverbSatanicSisterIlsabetcozmic72TruthSeekerElectrone_MagnusPeacatcherLanteanPegasusPrax3desBretonMagespartaxoxokatanagirl1NotaDaedraWorshipperHeinrikrGrandchamp1989Auberon1983 29 votes
Ember
17%
dcam86b14_ESOGlassHalfFullMultimonMuizerzariaqwaurckAurielleElsonsoStrib407AvalonRangerValionEnemy-of-ColdharbourValarMorghulis1896Astironbbrown0770ArchMikemTyharmeekmikoold_scopie1945TheImperfect 44 votes
Isobel
13%
Solarikenvailjohn_ESOBigBraggDarcyMardinLarsSlion_heart_2000ub17_ESOkojoujzhollowayBifrost106CastagereRaddlemanNumber7emilyhyoyeonSkaiFaithDrathlyKlauthWarthogWarbow7WildRaptorXPriyasekarsskHotdog_23Steff_En 33 votes
Azandar
6%
ssewallb14_ESOphaneub17_ESOBlkadrDojohodaFischblutSirona_StarrbumblyHappyTheCamperYe_Olde_CroweLugalduLordDrawamig186evan302TweFojugvgisdi 15 votes
Sharp-as-Night
29%
MaddjujuKikazaruCaligamy_ESOTryxusApoAlaiaAlienSlofHatchetHaroSilverBrideathekaDrayzonlillybitRa'ShtarDragonRacerMartoZorrinfizl101Number_51Tai-ChiToxic_HemlockJim_Pipp 74 votes
I don't use companions
6%
SuddwrathWingAuroranGoldenEaglepeter1488CadburyuFuqinwitmePeppo_LivesErhassmackinhippiesIshtarknowsSkaraMinocCooperharleyTaSheenC_InsideBraffinreazea 16 votes
Results
3%
Master_FluffAdernathLolindaSickleCiderWiseSkyEthanolMuffinsjoerginothegreeneso 8 votes
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Bastian
    Bastian, then Mirri. I only use companions if I'm soloing a world boss. Bastian if I need a tank, Mirri if I need DPS.

I have all of them, but the two OGs are my go-to
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭
    Bastian
    It's actually a tie between Bastian and Sharp-as-Night right now. Bastian has long been my fave, and that hasn't changed, but Sharp is some kind of great and I love having him around as well. Too bad we can't run multiple companions at a time, because I'd travel everywhere with those two.

As for why, I like their personalities and feel like each, in their own way, is a good best friend for my main character. Plus, Bastian's healing keeps my character alive in the tough fights, and Sharp's dps makes enemies melt faster.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mirrii
    Mirri is definitely my favorite- I love her snarky wit, and she's been a part of the motley little crew of characters on my account so long that she feels like an old friend. She's worked her way into the stories I write about my characters, so much so that she's almost always the first companion I go and grab when I make a new one. She's one of the connecting elements between the characters on my account. No matter what walk of life they come from, they tend to relate to her in some way.

Sharp, however, is swiftly becoming my second favorite, for similar reasons- he has a wit to match that of the little scoundrels that have a home on my account. That and he loves my favorite activity, fishing :3

Isobel is also much favored by me though- she's sweet, and from an RP standpoint, she's one of my Templar's best friends because she has a lot in common with him. Her enthusiasm tends to remind him, in his darker moments, that his own ideals aren't dead and that honor still exists in the world.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mainly use Sharp-as-Night and Isobel Veloise. I like Sharp's personality and he makes for a really capable healer, while Isobel is a cool knight who also makes for a great tank.

Though, neither of them would necessarily approve of my character being a werewolf. Sharp-as-Night says that he wouldn't look to Daedric Princes for power, while Isobel has outright admitted to killing werewolves before and openly expresses how much she hates Daedra.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bastian
    As a squishy stamblade I need a tank for world bosses and Bastian rarely lets me down.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isobel
    isobel :3
    ember is probably my second favourite so far
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharp-as-Night
    I mainly use Sharp-as-Night and Isobel Veloise. I like Sharp's personality and he makes for a really capable healer, while Isobel is a cool knight who also makes for a great tank.

Though, neither of them would necessarily approve of my character being a werewolf. Sharp-as-Night says that he wouldn't look to Daedric Princes for power, while Isobel has outright admitted to killing werewolves before and openly expresses how much she hates Daedra.

Sharp wouldn't really care about it. Maybe He'd worry a bit about you and that's it.

Funny is using companions with a necromancer character.
    Edited by francesinhalover on November 27, 2023 1:30AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azandar
    I use them all, almost equally. With 20 characters each companion is used by 4 each, with Bastian as my tank to pull out when I need his services. However in terms who has the best abilities it would be Azandar while personality it's Ember.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on November 27, 2023 1:39AM
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian
    Bastian, the one and only. No rational reasons to explain it. He was the first I got. We did match well as a team in combat and I somehow like his face expression, of the type "I may look a bit naive, but you can rely on me".

After him, I picked two more companions, but that was no match, so I let them aside and didn't bother collecting more.

Now to put my comment in perspective: I very rarely use companions. I have no need for the game content I do. So of course in my case, ability in combat and such are no valid criteria. Though, I tend to believe that even if I would have to use a different companion for combat, I would still prefer tonton Bastian... :D
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirrii
    because I can not have Almalexia or Naryu it seems.

Can you at least let me have Almalexia's bikini armor?

I will let Mirri wear it and worship her instead.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bastian
    Bastian and Mirri, I don't even bother with the getting the others.

I hate the way Ember looks because of her hair, don't like Azandar's personality (and class) and Sharp is argonian and therefore not worthy of being a companion for any of my characters. That leaves Isobel as my third option, but I don't have characters that would mesh well with her.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Kitziboo
      Kitziboo
      ✭✭✭
      Sharp-as-Night
      It used to be Ember for every character but Sharp has completely won me over. I love his calm composure, dislike of people and his comments are priceless. Now they are all levelled, my Khajiits will probably keep Ember but everyone else will travel with Sharp.
    • KlauthWarthog
      KlauthWarthog
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Isobel
      From a "actually benefits my playstyle" point of view, Isobel and Azandar.
      From a "I would not strangle them after 5min unmuted" point of view, Isobel and Sharp-as-Night.
      So, voted Isobel.
    • Groterdan
      Groterdan
      ✭✭✭
      Mirrii
      Miri . Can't be arsed to lvl any other companion🤣
    • OutLaw_Nynx
      OutLaw_Nynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Sharp-as-Night
      Sharp is my favourite.
    • Warhawke_80
      Warhawke_80
      ✭✭✭✭
      Sharp-as-Night
      He is the only one I don't want to strangle in their sleep....
      ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Sharp-as-Night
      "Ah. People. Great."

Also he doesn't mind a little bit of larceny here, a little bit of murdery there and likes mushrooms.

Every time Azandar turned his nose up Violet Coprinus harvesting made my blood boil; do you know how much these go for on traders and how many we consume to finance our lifestyle pardner?
    • bbrown0770
      bbrown0770
      ✭✭✭
      Ember
      Ember don’t mess with the cool kids
      GT: Sir Ben 0770
      DC NA XBOX
    • aru
      aru
      ✭✭✭
      Ember
      Sharp is the most relatable one, so it's the one I'd probably get along best. But Ember is a Khajiit and I must choose her.
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bastian
      Bastian. As a character, he's a nice person. He's also done a good job tanking for me. And tanking makes him my useful by far.

I also really like Sharp as Night and Azandar. They have both pulled way ahead of Isobel, Ember, and Mirri for me. They are my fave DPS and healer respectively.
      Edited by spartaxoxo on November 27, 2023 2:15PM
    • emilyhyoyeon
      emilyhyoyeon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Isobel
      Isobel and Bastian have my favorite personalities. I think I like Bastian's a bit more but I like Isobel's overall look and spells more. She also feels more alive but I think that's because of the release date difference sadly.

Also (I play with the german localization) both Bastian and Mirri's audio line qualities sound weird compared to the others'. Their lines sound noticeably more grating as if the mics used were lower quality. If the 2021 content was made during 2020 with all the covid stuff, it's probably related.

I like everyone else quite a bit too except for Ember. She is so annoying to me, I'm sorry. But I know she's popular so I'm glad other people like her
      Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
      Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    • Bobargus
      Bobargus
      ✭✭✭✭
      Isobel
      Isobel is my favourite, because:

-The simplicity behind leveling her rapport as fast and costless as possible.
      -Unlike Mirri and Bastian, when you kill an enemy npc with the BoW, she doesn't react negatively.
      -She loves sweets, and so do i.
    • SkaiFaith
      SkaiFaith
      ✭✭✭✭
      Isobel
      The One I use the most in fights is Bastian, since I heavy attack and he has a unique buffing skill for that.

Isobel is my favorite companion and usually I take her out just to keep me company, or when I don't want to tank so I let her fill the role. Love her.

I feel Sharp is "like me" so he gains points.

I have nothing against Ember, Mirri or Azandar, I appreciate them all, just a bit less.

Also, Ember is the perfect houseguest - the one who is always happy to see you come home. Cute.
    • YandereGirlfriend
      YandereGirlfriend
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Isobel
      Isobel because she's wholesome without being obtuse about it (e.g. like Bastian).
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      my primary setups are bastian as healer, isobel as tank, and ember as dps

i have mirri set up as a dps, but ember is just a bit better

i have sharp and azander set up as a tank and healer respectively, but i havent really used them much enough to have a build set up for them because i only have them unlocked on 3 of my 11 characters
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014
    • TheImperfect
      TheImperfect
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ember
      I love them all but it's really hard to decide. I think probably Ember but I like Sharp-as-Night and Azander a lot too. Bastion, Mirri and Isobel are good too.