Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Thanks for moving my thread where no one sees it

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
My thread now is here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647629/daily-repeatable-quest-in-ea
Nobody goes there to read anything.
It would be better to eliminate useless categories where no one goes to read, instead of continuing to move threads into oblivion
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always go to the Recent listing, where all of the posts from all of the subforums are listed together in reverse chronological order, so I never even know which subforum a post is in when I click on it to read.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only use General, ToT, and PTS (when one is active). Usually my hope is that someone answers my thread before it's moved onto some graveyard category like "Players helping Players". If it's moved, so be it. It's dead.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw and read your your thread in the new category. I use Recent often and comment where relevant. For me this topic was not relevant and I did not respond and I do not see why this would be an issue.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I read the first couple pages of Recent, especially when browsing on mobile, and almost never go into forum categories directly. This gets me everything on the forum that is new or updated without having to run around.

Same here.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had one of mine moved to bugs. To be fair it is a bug I suppose. Haven't had anyone say anything on it which I'm sure multiple ppl have saw it and also what good would it do if ppl did comment about the issue. It's been an issue for awhile and it's becoming even more tedious as time goes on but oh well.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Three threads and you're out. Make the next one count.
    PS5 EU.
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    those other catagories arent useless they offer a place for threads to go and die rather than curb stomp the writer of things we'd rather not have the general public read.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No 'recent' option on mobile, i only look at general, combat and pts.

Edit: lol i just found it. Who knew.

Edited by Pelanora on November 28, 2023 8:54AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »

If you hit the 3 dash lines on the left side of the banner, then you'll see the option for recent. I don't use it much in part because it's buried in that submenu so I forget, but it's there.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    normally, opening the Forums i click on "Recent" (and i hope most of players do the same, as Mods tend to move threads from the General Discussion to other subforums), so that actual live discussions are not missing.
    PC EU
  • evan302
    evan302
    ✭✭✭
    Stromnix wrote: »
    [snip]

I don't think it's entitlement, more frustration with the way the forums are moderated at present and acknowledgement that most of the sub-forums are seldom visited. I think the moving threads issue is an attempt by the moderators to get us to use the forums in the way they feel we should use them, but moved threads don't prompt more people to use the sub-forums, usually they just die.

When somebody puts time and effort into making a thread, it's because they feel the issue they are raising is important and they'd like to discuss it with the community. It's disheartening to have a thread shunted into a sub-forum, because then it will be seen by far fewer people and that discussion just won't happen. People know a thread in General will be seen, making one elsewhere is a gamble that seldom pays off.

I think it's significant that most people replying here say they use 'Recent' when opening the forums. I started doing that a few months back due to the number of threads being moved and the difficulty of finding them again.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 28, 2023 11:12AM
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome!

*apologizes for being childish but kinda likes it a little too much to actually stop*
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evan302 wrote: »
    [snip]

I don't think it's entitlement, more frustration with the way the forums are moderated at present and acknowledgement that most of the sub-forums are seldom visited. I think the moving threads issue is an attempt by the moderators to get us to use the forums in the way they feel we should use them, but moved threads don't prompt more people to use the sub-forums, usually they just die.

When somebody puts time and effort into making a thread, it's because they feel the issue they are raising is important and they'd like to discuss it with the community. It's disheartening to have a thread shunted into a sub-forum, because then it will be seen by far fewer people and that discussion just won't happen. People know a thread in General will be seen, making one elsewhere is a gamble that seldom pays off.

I think it's significant that most people replying here say they use 'Recent' when opening the forums. I started doing that a few months back due to the number of threads being moved and the difficulty of finding them again.

Threads die because they don't generate enough interest to stay on Page 1. How many people go to Page 2?

Not every thread generates a lot of interest and replies. If it drops to Page 2, it is on the way to being dead. Someone might reply, or "bump" the thread, to get it back to Page 1, but chances are that the thread is dying anyway. Page 1 is where the live threads hang out. Page 2 is where they go to die. The community decides which page they will be on, not by the category, but by the interest level.

General will move faster than the other categories, so any given thread that does not resonate with the people browsing the first page will die within a couple hours. Even if other categories have less traffic, it is unlikely they have no traffic, and discussions will stay on Page 1 longer.

I use Recent because there is still a lot of content being posted here. I usually don't get to Page 3 because by the time I do that, Page 1 has changed with new or updated stuff. Recent is all about quickly seeing an overview of the forum content. The downside to Recent is that I know I am missing things posted just a few hours ago because I limit myself to Page 1 and Page 2.

When everything is in General, it is just another Recent, with all of the problems with lifespan that comes with browsing only in Recent.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 28, 2023 11:12AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Stromnix
    Stromnix
    ✭✭
    evan302 wrote: »
    [snip]

[edited to remove quote]

yea as i obviously just seen , the moderation is beyond heavy. oh well. I get back from not being active since 2015 to find out its worse than it started. watch this comment will get me smacked.
  • NeoXanthus
    NeoXanthus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get extremely frustrated by this act of moving a thread and never revisited by the moderators. I had a post that got moved to the wrong forum shortly after posting it. It got moved to PC support even though I had Devs that got back to me on a direct message and said they believed it was a bug. Based on my observations, more than half of the moved posts are to stop public awareness of specific issues. This means working as intended, nothing to see here, move along. It could also be that they are using AI algorithms “moderators” looking for keywords or real humans with English as a second language.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Pelanora wrote: »

If you hit the 3 dash lines on the left side of the banner, then you'll see the option for recent. I don't use it much in part because it's buried in that submenu so I forget, but it's there.

It's odd design must add. Recent should be the default view here.

Doesn't bother me much though as I'm usually checking the forums on desktop only when I realize the game is down.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely start a thread, but I did a couple of days ago and it only took about five minutes for them to move it from “general” to somewhere else. /sigh