Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[Suggestion] The ability to link groups formed in group finder into text chat

OutLaw_Nynx
OutLaw_Nynx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was pretty shocked this wasn’t an option. It would be the same way you link guilds. Just able to link groups. I’ve seen a few groups on the group finder but not much so far.

@ZOS_Kevin
Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on November 15, 2023 1:35AM
  • BigMakatak
    BigMakatak
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please make this happen! 'Twould be such an improvement to an already great feature!
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new group finder is too split up and hard to navigate. It should have been one simple window that opens with a list of every created group shown together without the categories.

It’s prime time on PS5 with the launch of it and after just checking every category theres a total of like 4 groups right now with one or two people in each of them.
    Edited by Twohothardware on November 15, 2023 2:08AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new group finder is too split up and hard to navigate. It should have been one simple window that opens with a list of every created group shown together without the categories.

It’s prime time on PS5 with the launch of it and after just checking every category theres a total of like 4 groups right now with one or two people in each of them.

If it were all one window and say thirty groups we would be asking for what we have now.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

If it were all one window and say thirty groups we would be asking for what we have now.

30 results would not be an issue because you can still have filters to sort the results. The point is that you're not going four or five selections deep into separate categories before you even see a group. A lot of people are going to open the new Group Finder, see no groups under the first Category, and stop looking.
    Edited by Twohothardware on November 15, 2023 3:49AM
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t find it too hard to navigate
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

30 results would not be an issue because you can still have filters to sort the results. The point is that you're not going four or five selections deep into separate categories before you even see a group. A lot of people are going to open the new Group Finder, see no groups under the first Category, and stop looking.

Not sure why you would assume that when the next level is so prominently visible. You want to do a trial you open trials and you then see groups forming for trials with nothing else interfering. Works well. Not sure what the difference is in having to select filters or select group type as currently listed.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Vynera
    Vynera
    ✭✭✭

Whats the difference? Currently I open the groupfinder and click on dungeons / trials / archive etc.
    With your suggestion I would still have to open the groupfinder, see a ton of groups I cannot tell what they are looking for, have to open a menu, select the content, possibly have to apply some more filters just to find what I can get currently with two clicks?

No idea if they implemented that different on the consoles, but on PC its literally two clicks. Open groupfinder, select content, see groups.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    💯‼️
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This really needs to happen. I’ve posted numerous runs for plunder that probably would’ve filled if I could link it.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right. Then we could link it in zone chat and in our guilds. It would help a LOT with getting groups filled. Definitely a needed addition.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Hopefully someone from the Dev team will see this post lol
  • YffresTrill
    YffresTrill
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1, for sure.

I made this suggestion as well in my group finder feedback thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/645848/group-finder-feedback
    @ Yffre'sTrill - PC/EU (No Steam)
    -
    Naering (Bosmer WW Archer - Valenwood separatist, Hircine-agnostic, honoured affiliate of the Gang of Scroungers.)
    Alts: Kunali, Free-as-Wind, Gurzog gro-Kosh, Seldril, Hatiba, Kareemal, Gilfirion, Elorwe, Ludvikke, Tsetha-Vos, Loulou Villeau, and Nilvani.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should just be automatic notifications in zone chat when new groups are created.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1, for sure.

I made this suggestion as well in my group finder feedback thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/645848/group-finder-feedback

Ah, thank you for sharing. I didn’t see your post.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This needs to be a thing so badly :(
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want zone chat being flooded with group links. Make it usable in another special chat only that can be deactivated and i'm fine with it.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson