Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

WHY THE RADIO SILENCE ON PVP!!!!

Alharion
Alharion
✭✭✭
This radio silence on the forum is "unbearable", should you remember that you sold the game for a 3-factional war?

People calling for a PVP repair maybe we should listen to the feedback and especially what I also want to ask here, come and talk with the players, isn't it the usefulness of a forum here? It's not just the players who have to chat amongst themselves here, the devs/managers have to come ALSO, of course, I don't ask to answer every person, but at least having more presence on the forum and contact with the PVP community (which also exists) is a modicum of common sense, so yes, I am aware that taking care of a game and its development is a constant heavy work!!

PVP players are also customers and they also spend most of them, thank you for showing a minimum of respect to them too, @ZOS the end of the year is approaching, it is not too late to find good resolutions for next year and I invite you to do it now, remember that MMORPG will arrive next year, if you do not want to see your customers leave thank you to take them into consideration, because they are also there to make the game live!

This is not some attack, just a request for attention to customers that exists and would like to have a little more consideration from a studio that calls back came to pick them up during the advertising period of the game.
<title edited due to language>
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 11, 2023 4:29AM
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    The server hardware upgrades for each region and platform did infact provide a marked improvement when it came to input lag and the number of players there can be on screen without it happening. That's a BIG plus for me. When it comes to new content? Who knows, but we do know it's not what brings the money in. Simply put, PvE out numbers you.

Not downunder. Not in my country.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This year was supposed to be behind the scenes dedicated to replacing servers and rewriting code to fix performance issues. I think they finished those? Are there any server replacements still going on? And they said they expected to be done by the end of this year. So, I wouldn't expect anything to be said until they do their future content update letter at the end of the year.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    This year was supposed to be behind the scenes dedicated to replacing servers and rewriting code to fix performance issues. I think they finished those? Are there any server replacements still going on? And they said they expected to be done by the end of this year. So, I wouldn't expect anything to be said until they do their future content update letter at the end of the year.

Hardware replacement is done so the only thing that seems left is the code rewrite (or multi threading, not sure if that is the same thing or not)
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is radio silence really unbearable?

We know intelligent alien life is probably out in the universe, yet we hear nothing yet.

And yet, we live, go on with our lives and die. So, it would seem radio silence is bearable.

That doesn't mean it's acceptable....

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is radio silence really unbearable?

We know intelligent alien life is probably out in the universe, yet we hear nothing yet.

And yet, we live, go on with our lives and die. So, it would seem radio silence is bearable.

That doesn't mean it's acceptable....

IS it bearable? Or did you just prove that radio silence will eventually KILL us all?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't Matt post something about the "code rewrite" (or whatever they're naming it now) not accomplishing anything helpful after all?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

Didn't Matt post something about the "code rewrite" (or whatever they're naming it now) not accomplishing anything helpful after all?

Yeah. They said something about multi-threading not being helpful after all, but I'm not sure if it's the same project or not. They called it something entirely different to what they have been calling it this entire time, if it is the same project.

The code rewrite was supposed to have been necessary to complete before any work on PvP could be done. So, they had already warned people there would not be PvP content this year. And it's still too early to discuss next year, as they do that during the end of year letter.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 11, 2023 8:31PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

Yeah. They said something about multi-threading not being helpful after all, but I'm not sure if it's the same project or not. They called it something entirely different to what they have been calling it this entire time, if it is the same project.

The code rewrite was supposed to have been necessary to complete before any work on PvP could be done. So, they had already warned people there would not be PvP content this year. And it's still too early to discuss next year, as they do that during the end of year letter.

That’s what I am confused about too. Is the rearchitecture rewrite now with the multi threading? Matt Firor’s post on the PvP rewrite got unpinned and is now basically gone… does that mean the rewrite was abandoned? I knew it would take a few years, the rewrite sounded complicated, but I thought we’d get some updates every now and then on it.

• YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    clearly high isle was a fair bit of foreshadowig?
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At some point the code rewrite did get renamed to Server multi-threading. Regarding pvp they've pretty much said the temporary performance improvements we got from new servers will have to do. They've said they aren't going to add any new pvp content due to possible further declines in performance, not sure how true that is when Rich's wife is very antipvp and blames the players for lagging.
    In fact, the recent Whitestrake’s Mayhem event in May showed just how much fun ESO PvP is with the new hardware in place.

All this to say, we continue to look for areas to spread process to optimize our server CPU capabilities. Please remember that we must be very, very careful when making changes of this complexity to ESO’s massive codebase. However, we will continue to dedicate resources to keep analyzing and looking for ways to utilize multithreading to improve server performance, and we will update everyone on any successes that we have when we find solutions.

Thanks for being the best community in gaming!

Matt

Rich's wife: https://www.twitch.tv/slashlurk/clip/YummyBashfulGrouseDoggo-90ZvJxi6phRVGjZB

I mean, she’s not wrong though. I don’t see that as antipvp lol. If you had to put together a list of things that are causing lag in Cyrodiil you got to have ball groups on that list. Now it’s not the only thing but they are on it for sure. Doesn’t help that Cyrodiil is the largest zone, with a lot more going on than any other zone like destructible things everywhere.

I just wonder what happened between Matt’s 2022 message and now. It’s almost 2024 and not a mention or even a “we are still working on it.”

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    we'll get more pvp content when we get it :)
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, now it's almost the end of 2023, and we're getting radio silence on the issue.

Except the year end update hasn't even happened yet. So, I would not expect any news before then, as the latest update already pinned next year as the earliest possible time to be expect news.

I don't necessarily expect anything new on that front as this point because it's been a long time since PvP got new content. Nevertheless, the year end update is the earliest possible time they would give news about next year. And that goes for all content, not just PvP.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 12, 2023 3:56AM