Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

endless archive set curation broken

Theignson
Theignson
✭✭✭✭✭
I have all the DK weapons from EA but need 6 armor pieces. Last night I got... a Nightblade weapon on my DK. Apparently it is bugged and if you have gotten all the wepaons or armor, it won't give you the other items you need, you start to get weapons from another class instead of the armor you need.
Same thing happened to my wife: She only needs the lightning staff for sorc, but got an arcanist armor piece.

This is quite an annoying bug; it suggests you can only get the last pieces you need through spending 15k currency
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 5, 2023 3:23AM
Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Brigadier
Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
Glimson, Arcanist, Major
All EP/ PC NA
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some bosses drop armor, others drop weapons and jewelry. An armor-boss will never drops weapons and a weapon-boss will never drop armor so you're just getting the same item type but from another class. That's not broken but a feature, just go to an armor-boss and you'll get your missing pieces.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Some bosses drop armor, others drop weapons and jewelry. An armor-boss will never drops weapons and a weapon-boss will never drop armor so you're just getting the same item type but from another class. That's not broken but a feature, just go to an armor-boss and you'll get your missing pieces.

But only Tho'at and Marauders drop the sets. Which one is armour and which one is weapons? Does that mean that you can't complete the sets if you can't kill Marauders and don't want to buy the curated boxes? That would *** some people off.
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These are the rules for dungeons, not the Endless Archive. The bosses can drop any set piece.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't know what's up with the set RNG in EA.

It seems to weigh your own class set heavily, then starts to drop sets from other classes as you collect more from your own.

It also seems to weigh sets more heavily if you have a few pieces collected vs having none at all. Though that may have just been RNG.

Maybe ZoS is messing around with smart RNG algorithms.
    Options
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It goes like this:

At some points, let's simply say when you kill the boss and the loot drops, the game preselects what item type you get: Weapon, armor or jewelry.
    Ather that it decides which specific armor piece (like chest or hands etc), which weapon (bow, staff etc) or which jewelry piece (amulet or ring) it is.
    After that it checks your sticker album if this specific item or in case of armor any weight class of this item piece is missing. If yes you'll get it for your class, if no you'll get it for another class. It's as easy as that.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's reporting a bug.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It goes like this:

At some points, let's simply say when you kill the boss and the loot drops, the game preselects what item type you get: Weapon, armor or jewelry.
    Ather that it decides which specific armor piece (like chest or hands etc), which weapon (bow, staff etc) or which jewelry piece (amulet or ring) it is.
    After that it checks your sticker album if this specific item or in case of armor any weight class of this item piece is missing. If yes you'll get it for your class, if no you'll get it for another class. It's as easy as that.

If they stuck to this implementation for EA that's honestly so dumb and IMHO misleading. I'd expect this curation to first check if you have your own class complete, if not drop any of the 36 items for your own class. If that is complete any of the other items that are not yet completed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin if the above is true, please forward the feedback that this would make completion of the class sets a hellish endeavor.
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did some late night testing on this. I completed the weapon set for Templar earlier today and BOTH Marauder and Tho'at from Act 2 dropped other class weapons, so it's not dependent on boss for type, but some other thing which is preventing me from getting the last six piece of Templar gear, 2 Helms, 2 Chests, Gloves and Belts.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »
    it's not dependent on boss for type, but some other thing which is preventing me from getting the last six piece of Templar gear

Yeah, that's called RNG. As your stickerbook isn't the first thing the game checks there's no guarantee to get any of these. Honestly i like this system as it encourages people to maybe try another class as they can't only farm the whole gear for their main character and stop right after.
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be dropping weapons at roughly twice the rate of body pieces. I have 97/252 collected and this is the case for every set other than my own class set.

Guessing it weighs armor weights and weapon types the same? Odd design choice considering armor has 2-7 times as many pieces.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on November 6, 2023 2:52PM
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this curation seems bugged.

I know that normal boss areas have rules for boss loot, which is why we get armor dupes before we get uncollected weapons in places. But what are the rules for Endless Archive? It seems that Marauders are weapons-only, so that makes sense, but Tho'at definitely drops armor. But then why does she not prioritize the active class set?

In other areas, the rule is that it prioritizes stickerbook before choosing what to drop. For example, after you have the armor done, public dungeon bosses will only drop uncollected weapons until your stickerbook is full, even though they drop shoulder/hand pieces as well. They don't roll for armor/weapons and then drop - the uncollected roll is first.

If Tho'at is rolling armor vs. weapons before stickerbook, that is unlike the other curation in the game and as such seems incorrect.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from what ive seen it seems to alternate between weapon and armor drops

arc 1 is always armor for example, then usually the arc 2 marauder if you kill it drops a weapon, arc 2 tho'at i think is armor, etc

at this point ive 100% finished arcanist gear anyway so if i run that toon im getting other class pieces lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my many runs, I think @Necrotech_Master is close to what I've deduced.

Act 1 is definitely armour, always armour, never a weapon drop for me so far.

Act 2 appears to be all weapon drops, both from Thoat and Marauder. This also means jewelry, just like end bosses in normal dungeons.

Act 3 on I don't have enough of a sample size to speak on.

This could also relate to why it seems like weapons drop at a bigger rate than armour because we only get one shot in Act 1, but 2 in Act 2 onwards.
    Edited by EdjeSwift on November 8, 2023 9:26PM
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Act 2 appears to be all weapon drops, both from Thoat and Marauder. This also means jewelry, just like end bosses in normal dungeons.

This could also relate to why it seems like weapons drop at a bigger rate than armour because we only get one shot in Act 1, but 2 in Act 2 onwards.

i think one of the arcs either 3 or 4 gives jewelry then it goes back to armor and then weapons
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i think one of the arcs either 3 or 4 gives jewelry then it goes back to armor and then weapons

So what happens if you can only clear the first level? You can only get the body pieces in your sticker book? The players who are happy with the difficulty keep stating that doing the first level is good enough for casuals. This would not be acceptable for those who can’t solo or can’t find someone to duo it.

I won’t get a chance to try it and see until it drops next week on console.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what happens if you can only clear the first level? You can only get the body pieces in your sticker book? The players who are happy with the difficulty keep stating that doing the first level is good enough for casuals. This would not be acceptable for those who can’t solo or can’t find someone to duo it.

one of the vendors i the archive sells boxes of each of the class sets

curated boxes cost 15,000 archive fortunes each
    uncurated boxes cost 2,000 archive fortunes each

if you only cleared arc 1 each day for the daily:

you get 200 archive fortunes for each boss stage (4x)
    400 archive fortunes for arc 1 tho'at (1x)
    200 archive fortunes if you clear bonus areas (amount varies)
    daily quest gives archive fortunes (500 fortunes for first clear per acct, 100 fortunes for additional clears on other characters)

so if its your first daily run, and you clear arc 1, that is a minimum of 1700 fortunes (+10% if you have eso+) if you did not clear any bonus areas, or kill any scamps with the bosses

the further you go, the more fortunes you get, each boss/bonus stage gets increased by 100 fortunes per arc

i havent figured out the exact amount tho'at goes up by for additional arcs

there are a few other things which grant fortunes, marauders if you kill them also give a boss quantity of fortunes, and there are scamp enemies which randomly spawns with the non tho'at bosses which also give an additional boss quantity of fortunes (marauders are limited to 1 per arc starting from arc 2, each non tho'at boss has a chance to spawn a scamp enemy which gives same amount of fortunes as the boss stage)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

one of the vendors i the archive sells boxes of each of the class sets

curated boxes cost 15,000 archive fortunes each
    uncurated boxes cost 2,000 archive fortunes each

if you only cleared arc 1 each day for the daily:

you get 200 archive fortunes for each boss stage (4x)
    400 archive fortunes for arc 1 tho'at (1x)
    200 archive fortunes if you clear bonus areas (amount varies)
    daily quest gives archive fortunes (500 fortunes for first clear per acct, 100 fortunes for additional clears on other characters)

so if its your first daily run, and you clear arc 1, that is a minimum of 1700 fortunes (+10% if you have eso+) if you did not clear any bonus areas, or kill any scamps with the bosses

the further you go, the more fortunes you get, each boss/bonus stage gets increased by 100 fortunes per arc

i havent figured out the exact amount tho'at goes up by for additional arcs

there are a few other things which grant fortunes, marauders if you kill them also give a boss quantity of fortunes, and there are scamp enemies which randomly spawns with the non tho'at bosses which also give an additional boss quantity of fortunes (marauders are limited to 1 per arc starting from arc 2, each non tho'at boss has a chance to spawn a scamp enemy which gives same amount of fortunes as the boss stage)

Thanks for the detailed breakdown.
    :)
    My plan was to use the currency for furnishings and plans, and leads. I guess if I find I have extra I can buy the boxes but I don’t think I’ll have a lot since I am involved in so many other areas of the game and one daily will probably be it for me, at most.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on a templar. I have some weapons and jewelry left.
    This is what I got just now:

21l6xghdfylc.png

url6g5hml1sp.png

oacka6k5hfxu.png

Edited by merevie on November 10, 2023 4:09AM
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    I am on a templar. I have some weapons and jewelry left.
    This is what I got just now:

21l6xghdfylc.png

if you have all of the armor for templar, then you would start getting other class gear

if you dont have all the armor for the templar then yes something is wrong
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that the curation is working, but the rules are a bit unexpected. What I saw consistently:
    • Tho'at 1 will drop armor
    • The Marauder in Arc 2 and Tho'at in Arc 2 will drop weapons
    Honestly, I haven't been paying much attention to my drops for the Arc 3 or 4 Marauders or Tho'ats, but I have gotten weapons/armor/jewelry from them.

That means that players who can consistently get above Arc 1 will fill their weapons pretty quickly, but the armor may lag behind since only the first Tho'at is guaranteed to drop armor. Conversely, players who stop after 1 Arc will lag with weapons and start getting other class sets first.
    Options
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So that would mean that jewels are currently locked behind Arc 3? That's going to cut out many of the casual players from rewards.
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    So that would mean that jewels are currently locked behind Arc 3? That's going to cut out many of the casual players from rewards.

They're not, I've gotten them from Arc 2, they're part of the Weapon pool from there in my experience.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like the arc 1 drops only body pieces and arc 2 only weapons as others have said, that explains my findings. I'm wondering now if I'm going to be getting duplicates on arc 2 once I collect all the set weapons. That would seem a bit counter productive, as now I'm incentivized to only do arc 1 to farm gear.

EDIT: You do in fact get dupes in Arc 2 once you get all weapons. Arc 1 reset and RNG boxes would be the way to go if you just want gear.

It also appears to alternate, as I'm getting weapon duplicates every even Arc.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on November 19, 2023 4:34AM
    Options
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just came to look this up since my arcanist just got a dragonknight armour piece even though she has five pieces of the arcanist set still to collect (3 weapons, necklace and ring).

I guess she is going to have to do a lot more practicing to defeat arc 2 Tho'at and the marauders to complete her set. So much for farming in arc 1.
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LouisaB75 wrote: »
    I just came to look this up since my arcanist just got a dragonknight armour piece even though she has five pieces of the arcanist set still to collect (3 weapons, necklace and ring).

I guess she is going to have to do a lot more practicing to defeat arc 2 Tho'at and the marauders to complete her set. So much for farming in arc 1.

There's always the loot boxes, not being snarky, but I think that was the intention behind the 21 runs of Act 1 to get a full set of armour per class. Which is enough to get you 1.4 curated boxes per armour set at 200 AFs per boss fight.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options