Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Maintenance on trader flip day

Eliza Godhater
Eliza Godhater
✭✭✭
How about never having maintenance on trader flip day?
Please?
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they said they would aim for Wednesdays instead of Tuesday for this reason.

I'm in 5 trading guilds and everyone is extremely content with the chosen day and excellent communication.*

*That was sarcasm.
  • Hobobaggins272
    We get it. Maintenance is important. And sometimes things happen to extend it. We understand you are working hard to keep the game running semi-smoothly. But, for the love of Zenithar, the stress you put on Guild Trader GMs is crazy when you insist on maintenance on Tuesday. Please consider adjusting that going forward. Thanks!
    Edited by Hobobaggins272 on October 17, 2023 10:25PM
  • Eliza Godhater
    Eliza Godhater
    ✭✭✭
    So is there a specific reason why maintenance has to be on trader flip day? Maybe change it back to Sunday evenings?
    That would be AWESOME!
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just put 10 bids in advance and problem solved for me
    Edited by XSTRONG on November 29, 2023 1:33PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a trade guild GM in 2015 and 2016.

Back in those days, trader flips happened early Monday morning. Like 5 or 6AM. And back in those days, maintenance was weekly, not every two weeks, and almost always on Monday mornings. I.e., trader flips almost always happened during maintenance.

Also, back in those days, you could place only one bid. So you'd wake up early on Monday, race to log on as soon as maintenance was over, so you could see if your one bid failed or not, and if it did, scramble to find an open spot.

These days, maintenance happens only once every two weeks. Usually on a Monday, so it usually won't conflict with trader flips. And even if it did, the whole point of having so many backup bids was so that you weren't reliant on the success of a single bid. And if all your bids failed, there's not much you could do anyways these days since open trader spots are almost unheard of now, due to people being able to make bids on so many locations. Oh, and back then, everyone in the guild could see the gold history and how much was bid--that wasn't a secret--so bid spying was common and there was actually a good reason to make last-minute bids to counteract bid spying.

So, excuse me for sounding like a grouchy old curmudgeon, but what the hell are you complaining about? There's no reason to be around for trader flips like there was 7-8 years ago.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I was a trade guild GM in 2015 and 2016.

Back in those days, trader flips happened early Monday morning. Like 5 or 6AM. And back in those days, maintenance was weekly, not every two weeks, and almost always on Monday mornings. I.e., trader flips almost always happened during maintenance.

Also, back in those days, you could place only one bid. So you'd wake up early on Monday, race to log on as soon as maintenance was over, so you could see if your one bid failed or not, and if it did, scramble to find an open spot.

These days, maintenance happens only once every two weeks. Usually on a Monday, so it usually won't conflict with trader flips. And even if it did, the whole point of having so many backup bids was so that you weren't reliant on the success of a single bid. And if all your bids failed, there's not much you could do anyways these days since open trader spots are almost unheard of now, due to people being able to make bids on so many locations. Oh, and back then, everyone in the guild could see the gold history and how much was bid--that wasn't a secret--so bid spying was common and there was actually a good reason to make last-minute bids to counteract bid spying.

So, excuse me for sounding like a grouchy old curmudgeon, but what the hell are you complaining about? There's no reason to be around for trader flips like there was 7-8 years ago.

This is pretty much exactly my thoughts! Going back to early hours Monday morning would be pointless!

Thank you for saving me some typing!! 💕
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is there a specific reason why maintenance has to be on trader flip day? Maybe change it back to Sunday evenings?
    That would be AWESOME!

Trader flip and maintenance are both on weekdays for similar reasons. Trader flip failed on EU four times when it was on Sunday evenings. NA was experiencing delays of 20+ minutes some weeks too. They moved it to the current day and time to address that. They were trying to ensure the game has the best chance to perform the operations it needs to without as much additional stress from players and so ZOS has the best chance to fix it if anything goes wrong because there are employees monitoring it in the moment. Even with the new hardware, who’s to say if it will be safe if they go back to Sunday evening? I don’t blame them for not taking that risk, especially when they don’t have the employees around to monitor.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they do this stuff on low traffic days.