Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Game crashes on Zenimax splash screen after pressing PLAY

sekou_trayvond
sekou_trayvond
✭✭✭✭✭
Wife's game worked fine yesterday. After the patch today, it won't play. Bethesda splash screen plays but then crashes when Zenimax logo comes up. Patch downloaded and as far we can tell, is applied.

Her username is "Riverwind"

Any ideas?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 5, 2023 10:56PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have this today, but I’ve have this issue with chapter releases in the past. I narrowed it down to a GPU related crash when trying to play the new cinematic. If her crashing is the same, try these steps:

1) make sure the drivers are updated

2) check line 120 of the UserSettings.txt file and make sure it says SET OpeningCinematicSeen “1”. If she doesn’t own Necrom you can also change the following line, 121, to read SET ChapterUpgradeSeenVersion “-1”

3) if you play on a different computer than her and you’re able to get in ok, and your settings are more or less the same, try copying your UserSettings file into her Live folder (I’d make a backup of hers first) then have her try launching the game.

Good luck.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article below has troubleshooting to assist with ESO crashing.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post