Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 2117-OSError_unknown

Bjelleklang
I got a weird problem here I cant figure out. After a long 12 hours long download, letting it run its course overnight, I woke up this morning and checked the progress.
To my surprise, I found the installer like I started it like nothing was downloaded or installed at all. A dismal "Install"-button and an empty progressbar to the left was all that faced me. No error message to tell a tale. I also checked the drive chosen for the game, where I found the 3 folders intended for the game. They all mounted up to a meager 1,11GB of ESO-data.

So I downloaded the installer again, and started fresh. Rechecking all settings and running the "Game Consultant" in the Installer for good measure. All looked good and started the download.

Coming back from work in high anticipation, the Installer had again failed its divine quest to make me happy and had returned "Error 2117-OSError_unknown". The drive had the usual 3 folders waving back at me, with its 1.11Gb of data.

I was thinking that my OS had gone insane somehow, Windows 7 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601), but it shouldn't be a problem as it was reinstalled recently and received some therapy.

I couldn't find any references to this error message, via the forums or Almighty Google. So I am at a loss here. Is there a daedric prince who need a specific sacrifice to make this work, or do anyone have any tip/hint to reboot my optimism?

I am starting the download for the third time now, three is a charm they say, hoping Mara will smile to me for a change.