The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you have trouble filling replacements with dungeon finder?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on June 24, 2023 3:18AM

Do you have trouble filling replacements with dungeon finder? 99 votes

Yes
81%
chessalavakia_ESOBelegnolessewallb14_ESObalthasars_darksideb16_ESODanikatValveApoAlaiaBurtFreeman mattaeus01b16_ESOSorakaAvalonRangerSilverBrideRagnarok0130IronMercerDestaiTankHealz2015ValarMorghulis1896hexnoticShoegarshackdisintegr8 81 votes
No ( less thn 10 mins)
7%
wookiefriseurMartoNowa133ixthUAAmotticaDaoinBetweenMidgets 7 votes
Sometimes
6%
BlazynAzrael_1976bmnobleWySoSiriusedward_frigidhandsGaliferno 6 votes
Other
5%
ZodiarkslayerFenris_ArainaiTwig_Garlicshinevalenwood_veganBraffin 5 votes
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    No idea, never use it.

Is the most broken feature in this game "working as intended" once again?
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    If is a long dungeon (for instance LoM) and the replacement is requested at the very beginning of the run maybe, just maybe they will arrive on time to be pulled to the final boss.

This has been the case for a long time.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't use dungeon finder; never will.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Don't use dungeon finder; never will.

Why not?
    • bmnoble
      bmnoble
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Sometimes
      Depends on the dungeon and the role we are looking to have filled, if it's an easier base game dungeon it may take a little bit of time but we usually get a replacement damage dealer, though by the point we get a replacement healer or especially a tank we are probably halfway through the dungeon or not far off completing it.

When it comes to DLC dungeons however, it takes longer to get someone not just because of the finder but because, often that new person will take one look at the dungeon and leave making us requeue for someone else often resulting in just giving up the run altogether, if we lose the tank or healer, group usually disbands right then and there.
    • phaneub17_ESO
      phaneub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I solo with my companion.
    • Zodiarkslayer
      Zodiarkslayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Other
      When there is someone kicked from my groups, they are just gone. And we finish as three.

If I am the group leader, I will call for a replacement, buy it will never come. If not, I cannot say wether the group leaders call or not. Either way, noone joins.

I am voting "other", because I never had trouble finding replacements. I couldn't care less.
      Edited by Zodiarkslayer on June 25, 2023 2:14PM
      read, think and write.In that order.
    • Amottica
      Amottica
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      No ( less thn 10 mins)
      It is rare we need a backfill but we go to our guild and try to get a guild member in. We prefer guild runs over pug runs to start with as it’s more enjoyable.

This works for everything except a dps role but we can carry a pug dps through the dungeon.

• Soarora
      Soarora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Yes
      I just look for friends and guildmates, I know the queue won’t work. It’s been quite a long time since I’ve been placed in an unfinished dungeon and the amount of times it has happened my entire playtime is probably 5 or less.
      PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      bmnoble wrote: »
      Depends on the dungeon and the role we are looking to have filled, if it's an easier base game dungeon it may take a little bit of time but we usually get a replacement damage dealer, though by the point we get a replacement healer or especially a tank we are probably halfway through the dungeon or not far off completing it.

When it comes to DLC dungeons however, it takes longer to get someone not just because of the finder but because, often that new person will take one look at the dungeon and leave making us requeue for someone else often resulting in just giving up the run altogether, if we lose the tank or healer, group usually disbands right then and there.

You actually get DPS replacements because I have waites up to 20 mins for dps in base game dungeons too
    • El_Borracho
      El_Borracho
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      Usually finish the dungeon before the replacement arrives, which seems weird as it takes forever to queue as a DD and just as long to replace a DD.
    • Ragnarok0130
      Ragnarok0130
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      I normally complete the dungeon before the fill is picked up by the system. it's especially bad if we need a tank.
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      I can't remember it ever finding us a replacement. I always pick the option but assume unless someone invites a friend or guild mate we're doing it short-handed.

And no I don't mean I assume that if someone shows up it's because someone in the group invited them. When that happens they ask or tell the group they're going to do it first and tell us when they're about to join. I can't remember ever getting a new group member part way through when that didn't happen.
      Edited by Danikat on June 22, 2023 7:51PM
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • The_Boggart
      The_Boggart
      ✭✭✭✭
      There needs to be some mechanism to indicate, in group finder, that the character is willing to fill in. It is very annoying to be called into an instance near the finish when you have queued to do a full dungeon.
    • Twig_Garlicshine
      Twig_Garlicshine
      ✭✭✭✭
      Other
      I don't use it.

If I'm going to dungeon it is with guildies only, or solo.
      When I first came to ESO I thought about tanking up in random normals to learn all the dungeon maps.
      Speed runners and other types attitudes quickly convinced me RND and any non guildy dungeon was definitely not the way to play.
      Haven't been in a random pug or dungeon finder pug since.
      They can eat their queues.
    • Dr_Con
      Dr_Con
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      Absolutely. You're better going to Craglorn and asking for a fill than relying on the dungeon finder to replace someone.
    • Daoin
      Daoin
      ✭✭✭
      No ( less thn 10 mins)
      but someone always seem to join when the last boss is nearly done, other than that companions are usually fine or just bow to the pressure and ask a friend to fill in
      Edited by Daoin on June 22, 2023 10:15PM
    • HappyTheCamper
      HappyTheCamper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Within the last year it’s gotten extremely bad. Used to be easy. Xbox NA.
    • FantasticFreddie
      FantasticFreddie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Yes
      I don't understand it. Waits for a solo dps queuing up are extremely long, yet the other day I loaded in to a random normal to find a dd offline, we vote kicked. It was a longer dlc dungeon and yet despite staying queued up the ENTIRE time, no dd joined us and we finished as 3. Probably 20 minutes or so. How??? Why??? Was there not a single DD waiting in the queue?
    • ldzlcs065
      ldzlcs065
      ✭✭✭
      Yes
      The most weird thing is that generally it takes longer time to refill a dd than a tank/healer
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      Usually finish the dungeon before the replacement arrives, which seems weird as it takes forever to queue as a DD and just as long to replace a DD.

Yep That's why I want to point out it's a problem. DPS wondering why group finder isn't giving them a group.... While we're waiting 20 minutes for DPS who exist
    • M0ntie
      M0ntie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      This is definitely broken. Had 2 drop at the start of a random normal (ERC), tank and I didn’t get any replacement until just before the last boss and then only 1 came. There have got to be many dps queued for a random normal so this should have filled instantly.
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      M0ntie wrote: »
      This is definitely broken. Had 2 drop at the start of a random normal (ERC), tank and I didn’t get any replacement until just before the last boss and then only 1 came. There have got to be many dps queued for a random normal so this should have filled instantly.

Yeah and dps complaining they can't get in queue when we need them
    • RodneyRegis
      RodneyRegis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ApoAlaia wrote: »
      If is a long dungeon (for instance LoM) and the replacement is requested at the very beginning of the run maybe, just maybe they will arrive on time to be pulled to the final boss.

This has been the case for a long time.

Yes, and in fact it's most likely they will pop the queue just as you start the last boss, which indicates that it must be a bug.

Given how long queues are for DDs, they should fill immediately unless it's 4am.
    • RodneyRegis
      RodneyRegis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's just one of the hundreds of bugs which ZOS never acknowledge and players accept. It's been the case for as long as I've been playing, 5 or so years.
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      It's just one of the hundreds of bugs which ZOS never acknowledge and players accept. It's been the case for as long as I've been playing, 5 or so years.

No the problem started last year
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about dungeons.

Thank you for your understanding
      Staff Post
    • wilykcat
      wilykcat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It depends. If replacing a tank or healer it can be very difficult and a long wait. If replacing a dps then it's no problem
    • hexnotic
      hexnotic
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      What happened to our dungeon finder? It didn't use to be this bad a few years ago......
    • Tigertron
      Tigertron
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yes but mostly it never really matters.

Not trying to hijack but reading the comments here and as a DD who has used the dungeon finder almost daily since I started (7 years ago) I find it really odd that others are still having extended queues as a DD.

Just sharing my experience. My routine is to queue up, go do my daily writs and then organize my bank. I donate to the guild bank and list items for sale. I have yet to ever finish doing that before I am ported into a dungeon. Certainly no more than 10 mins or less.

Maybe PC/NA is just different but it’s nothing like it was years back when it took hours or never.