The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Installer keeps starting over after I finish download(takes 36 hours for my download)

Ghoest
Ghoest
For the second time I finished downloading a 20 gig file then it down loaded a 6 gig patch then it seems like it was unpacking it for a couple of minutes - then it started over again at the beginning for the 20 gig file downloading it.

No error message.

So now it doing it for a third time. and I have no faith that it will work any better.

I feel pretty ripped off. I had the first download finishing in time the server opening on sunday but now i see I would have been much better off buying the physical disk since i wont get early access anyway at this point.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Hi @Ghoest

There could be a few things impending the install from finishing properly. Please try the following troubleshooting steps which may resolve the problem.

1. Run as Administrator.

Right click on the game's client shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator."

2. Firewall / Anti-Virus.

Please create exceptions on your firewall / anti-virus software. You can also try temporarily disabling your firewall or anti-virus software, but remember to re-activate them after the installation finishes!

3. Windows Safe Mode.

If the above mentioned steps did not resolve the issue, restart your PC in "Safe Mode with Networking." There you can download and install the game without the risk that any software in the background may interfere. In order to run the game you will need to restart your PC normally.

Let us know whether these helped you out or not.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post