The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crashing crashing, FPS stutters, bizzareness, what the heck has happened to my game

Kirawolfe
Kirawolfe
✭✭✭✭✭
Never experienced this many crashes in a single session before. Have never crashed in the heat of a fight before, or while porting to a house. Three times I got kicked tonight, and once with a time out issue while trying to log back in!

Weird FPS plummets while getting near people in Alinor, but not while in the midst of them...

What has happened to this game?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 27, 2023 6:03PM
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kirawolfe wrote: »
    Never experienced this many crashes in a single session before. Have never crashed in the heat of a fight before, or while porting to a house. Three times I got kicked tonight, and once with a time out issue while trying to log back in!

Weird FPS plummets while getting near people in Alinor, but not while in the midst of them...

What has happened to this game?

Maybe its the game or the server instance you have been on, but sometimes when such things happen to me its a problem with the internet connection. Eg provider has problems in your town, router etc. First thing i do then is to make a speed test.
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on March 25, 2023 2:12AM
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed this issue, or similar ones since before U37 was implemented. Massive frame-drops in certain towns, or long lasting latency spikes. I began monitoring closely, and there is no internet/connectivity issue, no issues with other games in any way.
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be due to addons, corrupted ESO datafiles (in documents) or in the game files. There is other possibilites as mentioned. Try the game without addons, move the data files to another place (ESO will recreate them when you start the game) and check if the game works. If not try to repair the game and if that dont help make a clean install (remove all ESO related files manually).
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article below has troubleshooting to assist with ESO crashing.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post