The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I abandoned the quest involving the Veiled heritance and that island you travel to.

Maotti
Maotti
✭✭✭✭✭
And now i can't go back, is there anything that can solve this so i can be back on track?
Edited by Maotti on April 2, 2014 3:30PM
PC EU
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to get the quest again from whoever gave it to you.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember. :(
    PC EU
  • ChanceofRust
    ChanceofRust
    ✭✭
    It was Razum-Dar who gives it to you, can't remember where he is for this one. Did you actually abandon it in your journal or just left the island and now can't get back over? There's a tiny boat on the left side of the docks in Skywatch that will take you across if that's all it is.
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the island you go to disguised as a bald guy? If so, how do you revert to your usual appearance again? After I left, I was still in disguise.
  • ChanceofRust
    ChanceofRust
    ✭✭
    Have you completed the quest? Until you complete the quest or abandon it in your journal, you'll keep being disguised while in Skywatch and on the island until it's completed.

If you've finished the quest, you should be able to remove the disguise from it's slot over in your equipped items. It's near your jewelry I do believe.
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't finish the quest, I think I'll abandon it and come back to it later then. I don't think I'm at a good level to do the quest right now. That's why I wanted to hold off on doing it, but didn't want to stay disguised while I put it on hold.
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    Traisa wrote: »
    I didn't finish the quest, I think I'll abandon it and come back to it later then. I don't think I'm at a good level to do the quest right now. That's why I wanted to hold off on doing it, but didn't want to stay disguised while I put it on hold.
    What level are you now? I did it a couple of hours ago when I was a lv 10 nightblade a couple of hours ago. Much more easier than the version in beta, when my lv 14 character that was just scratching them with a weapon twice as powerful.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't found the questgiver for this one. I'll log on a bit later and try again. :)
    PC EU
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    shadowz081 wrote: »
    Traisa wrote: »
    What level are you now? I did it a couple of hours ago when I was a lv 10 nightblade a couple of hours ago. Much more easier than the version in beta, when my lv 14 character that was just scratching them with a weapon twice as powerful.
    Level 9 and I'm a Templar that uses the Aedric Spear line for defense. I haven't gone back in yet. And, I really don't want to lose all that progress up to that point, so I'm just wandering around in disguise. I might take a stab at it again soon. When I was in beta I was also around level 9 when I took that quest, and I kept dying because there were too many enemies coming at me at the same time.
  • xhrit
    xhrit
    ✭✭✭
    friend of mine abandoned the quest because they couldn't pass the trial of endurance.
  • bleda2002
    bleda2002
    I abandoned this too and have searched everywhere to try to re-get the quest and it appears to be bugged. Raz has dissappeared from the castle, the guards wont give me the quest, and it seems I cant actually complete this now.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bleda2002 wrote: »
    I abandoned this too and have searched everywhere to try to re-get the quest and it appears to be bugged. Raz has dissappeared from the castle, the guards wont give me the quest, and it seems I cant actually complete this now.

You can complete it! Sorry, i forgot to reply here. There's a small boat outside of Skywatch you use to get there. :)
    PC EU
  • bleda2002
    bleda2002
    The problem is i no longer have the quest, and I cant find anyone to give it to me as the quest giver, Raz, seems to have moved on from the castle in skywatch =/
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quest will be picked up when arriving at that island. :) There's an NPC you speak with to restore it. :)
    Edited by Maotti on April 2, 2014 3:26PM
    PC EU
  • bleda2002
    bleda2002
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    The quest will be picked up when arriving at that island. :) There's an NPC you speak with to restore it. :)

You are my hero, thanks!!!

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome! :)
    PC EU
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    I too am lvl 9 and getting ALMOST done but that damned fella w/ the two-handed sword in armour just keeps two-shot killing me! :smile: Lvl 9 night blade dual wielding daggers...need to get to lvl 10! guess I can do a couple quests looking like this bald doofus! HA! thx Maotti Nor, good tip about re-establishing quest if i decide to abandon it! Very much appreciated!
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 10+ makes all the difference.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• StormyMtn
    StormyMtn
    Soul Shriven
    I completed the racer except for talking to fintoril, everytime i came back to town the arrow would hover over the air - she wasn't standing there. I abandoned the quest and not do not have the Main quest line available now. How do I unabandon the racer?
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frog racing was disabled in patch 1.01 i think.

But it will be back eventually i belivie one of the developers wrote. :)
    PC EU
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    If you abandoned the quest you will have to do the whole thing over including the race part
  • StormyMtn
    StormyMtn
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, thanks
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    You can just swim to the island. I did it when I walked away from the quest to get a level or two.
  • waylander48
    waylander48
    ✭✭
    im having the same trouble with the nightblade and that 2h mob managed it with every other class at the same level will come back to it in a few levels.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It took me a few goes to get through the end of this particular quest, I think I was level 10 or 11. It's not particularly easy. Thing is, if you die during the end bit, the people you have already killed stay dead, they won't have respawned for this particular quest, so even if you die a few times as long as you take some of them out with you, you're making progress (even though it may not feel like it!)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • jtgilbeb14_ESO
    jtgilbeb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i am unable to complete the endurance trial One of the markers it says to run. I sprint to it but the next one says failed and I have to start all over. Does anyone know what is causing me to fail the trial
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few ways of failing this test;
    You can run out of time
    You can fail to ‘touch’ a marker (run through them)
    Miss a marker (very easy to do until you learn the route)
    get tangled up with one of the NPC’s and loose time that way

When I tried this in Beta I ran out of time consistently, there was a timer bar counting down, but doing it ‘live’ I didn’t notice it. I found (your mileage my vary), that to get maximum speed you had to put away any weapons, only sprint in bursts or you ran out of stamina, always run up placed planks and don’t jump (except up the boxes and off of the end of planks), it slows you down.

Also take the shorted route around corners to save time, I did this in two goes this time (first since Beta) because they had moved one marker slightly and I missed it :\ .
  • fougerec99b16_ESO
    fougerec99b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also if you're wearing heavy armor your Stamina drains quicker when you sprint so take it all off.
  • sujaysarma
    Spoiler ---
    * The first trial is really easy, just read what the proctor is asking really carefully and make a choice.

* 2nd trial -- You can mount a horse and go through the trial of running through the markers, remember to stay clear of the imps and bats on the way. Some NPCs may get triggered as you rush by them, but dont stop. And, you dont REALLY have to jump over all the barricades, just run or ride around them.

* 3rd trial -- you can use any and all of your effects and abilities on the proctor. Just remember to keep hitting her with whatever until all of her stat disappears.

My main issue was how to get off the island after everything (including killing the VI Leaders) is done. The island is then filled with NPCs who WILL fight. Had to dodge/run to the sea and swam across back to SW.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pad11 wrote: »
    guess I can do a couple quests looking like this bald doofus!
    It's a costume. Just take it off. Press i , then look at left where your equipped armour/weapons are, and you'll see the disguise there in a little square below where your armour is, right click: Unequip
    Edited by Islyn on April 18, 2014 1:46PM