The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When Veteran Fungal Grotto 1 is the Daily Pledge...

El_Borracho
El_Borracho
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
1. The group will always jump off the waterfall
2. The final boss will always be hard mode

If you want to swim to the the crab boss and kill it first, great. If you want to swim to the last boss and kill the mudcrabs on the bridge, even better. But please do not attack the final boss until the scroll is read. And if the boss gets aggro'd, just run to the other side of the bridge until it resets.

Doing this, you can cycle your characters through a vet hard mode dungeon in about 5 minutes for each and stock up on keys and transmutes. I thought this was common knowledge, but still see players either questing or not doing hard mode on pledge day while the group moves on or hollers "SCROLL!!" in group chat. Am I wrong? Would love to know.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I skip FG1 when its the pledge.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. The group will always jump off the waterfall
    2. The final boss will always be hard mode

If you want to swim to the the crab boss and kill it first, great. If you want to swim to the last boss and kill the mudcrabs on the bridge, even better. But please do not attack the final boss until the scroll is read. And if the boss gets aggro'd, just run to the other side of the bridge until it resets.

Doing this, you can cycle your characters through a vet hard mode dungeon in about 5 minutes for each and stock up on keys and transmutes. I thought this was common knowledge, but still see players either questing or not doing hard mode on pledge day while the group moves on or hollers "SCROLL!!" in group chat. Am I wrong? Would love to know.

Actually sometimes they don't attack. If you move just wrong when reading the scroll it will aggro the boss sometimes
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone wants to do hard mode, and not everyone has the luxury of having the quest done on that character. Not everyone in FG is even doing the pledge. Assumptions often result in unhappiness all around.

LFG will always be an exercise in balancing the wants of very different players on very different characters. Are you wrong? Not for yourself, perhaps, but there is no universal "right" or "wrong" way to do a pledge as long as the required bosses get killed. The most time-efficient way is not the "best" way for everyone. Skipping the quest is not the "right" way for people who want that skill point - maybe that's why they queued in the first place and wanted to get the monster head along the way. Some people queue and end up in a pledge dungeon without even realizing it's the pledge.

When you queue for LFG, you accept there may be other people who do not want to do it exactly as you want to do it or who have different goals than you. Conversely, those players with whom you are grouped should consider your wants as well. So if that means waiting for the quest but doing hard mode, that could be a compromise. If you're going to insist it must be done all your way, i.e. skipping quests and doing hard mode, be aware that that's not going to work for everyone in a random group, just like their doing the quests and pulling the boss without the scroll isn't working for you. As always, people are more likely to get what they want if they group with premades who agree on those goals ahead of time, like friends and guildies, or who at least communicate in chat and respect what other group members have to say and try to cooperate and compromise. That does work both ways.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    do fast, easy dungeon. leet strats
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @virtus753 99% of the time, I am totally cool with slowing down and letting people quest, even if I have done that dungeon dozens of times. I don't necessarily disagree with your points, but I'm only talking about FG1 when its a pledge. The rest of the time, sure. But most of the guilies and friends I run with do what I have described above, again, when its a pledge.

Specific to FG1, its hard to imagine someone doing Vet FG1 without doing it at least one time on their character, even on an alternate. Its the first dungeon to be available on Group Finder and the easiest to level an alternate through Daily Normals. I suppose someone could wait to run it on Vet on a pledge day, but it would be unusual.

The hard mode is also a joke, with it being barely more difficult than basic veteran mode. So why be the one player out of 4 who does not want to do hard mode when everyone else does? As I originally said, the group is posting "SCROLL!!" in chat because the one player wants to skip hard mode. Just as when 3 group members jump off the waterfall while the one is running towards the dreugh boss. Seems that person would be the one "insisting it must be done all their way" and should find the premade, correct?
    Edited by El_Borracho on January 30, 2023 6:47PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t matter, my random is still going to be fang lair, Frostvault or Maarselok. 😭
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm of the opinion no keys should be rewarded unless every boss was defeated. With fungal 1 they need to put slaughterfish below the waterfall.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would surmise that any reasonable player would do the quest in normal.

Queueing for vFG1 on a pledge day, it is a very reasonable assumption that everyone that lands on the dungeon is there for the same reason: two keys to go please, ASAP, thank you.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests SHOULD be done on pledge days because that's when people can actually find groups using the group finder in the most timely fashion. Just slow down for questers on pledge days. It is literally the most reasonable time period for them to quest.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 30, 2023 11:13PM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me a "you are not a very good MMO player and are being selfish" issue.
    Play the dungeon, do the quest with the randoms or get your own group and run it fast.
    Many other people in the game, some it may be their first time doing the dungeon.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    When you queue for LFG, you accept there may be other people who do not want to do it exactly as you want to do it or who have different goals than you.

QFT.

Something that a surprising number of multiplayer game players have a hard time wrapping their heads around.
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion no keys should be rewarded unless every boss was defeated. With fungal 1 they need to put slaughterfish below the waterfall.

Sounds like a plan. I log in to play the game. I already have 200 keys I don't know what to do with and don't go into dungeons just to pick up more.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're gonna pug, expect to run with people with different priorities than you. That said, yes, it's reasonable to expect to get HM on pledge day. But some people just plain don't like skipping. They're as valid as you are. And let's face it, the waterfall thing is pretty darn cheesy.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, why even bother skipping anything in the dungeon? It's the easiest one in the game and one of the shortest. You really aren't saving yourself much time.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I do it, I'll either solo or go with friends.
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh nos, are the cwabs scawy?
    Cazador wrote: »
    Honestly, why even bother skipping anything in the dungeon? It's the easiest one in the game and one of the shortest. You really aren't saving yourself much time.

this. Folks like OP waste more time trying to jump out of the water than the time needed killing the mobs that are being skipped.