The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Constant crashing

MorninStar
MorninStar
✭✭
After todays patch I haven't been able to get in game. I get to the load screen and it crashes right to desktop, no error or anything just right to desktop.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 11, 2023 3:39PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article below has troubleshooting to assist with ESO crashing.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been having the same issue. The game constantly crashing doing different activities in-game. Such as, assigning CP points or redistributing points, crafting without Add-on, graphic crashes in low population areas in and out of combat, and attempting to transit by way shrine or by selecting destination by map icon, and the list continues.

My Nvidia 2080 RTX graphic card drivers are current to latest release. No other game experience such random and consistent client crashes. ESO is the only problem child ever since the recent maintenance.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sahidom

If you've went through the crash troubleshooting posted above and still have issues, you can go ahead and contact customer support.
    Staff Post
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Sahidom

If you've went through the crash troubleshooting posted above and still have issues, you can go ahead and contact customer support.

Thank you for the advice to open a customer support ticket. There is no error to send to them. This is the crash screen back to login that constantly occurs. As you will see today's maintenance notice behind the ESO error message.

This one happened while 'E' interacting with an object in-game. Game stops responding to commands and the client crashes. This is one example and interacting with object in-game is not the only cause to this type of Error message that does not clue you into what happened.

sgj8u67bb4m2.jpg
    Edited by Sahidom on January 25, 2023 12:49AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sahidom

Even without an error message our support team can still assist with troubleshooting. Once you have a ticket open you are welcome to post the ticket number here so we can provide updates as needed.
    Staff Post