The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Keyboard lag/buffering for last 2 weeks.

Monotremata
Monotremata
Soul Shriven
For last 2 weeks or so my char has been experiencing severe keyboard lag - ie when holding down a movement key for more than a few seconds, the char still continues to run in that direction for many seconds after the button is released. Mousecontrol is unaffected (although mouse buttons aren't reactive while the keyboard is lagging) and fps and ping are fine.

Effect occurs on all chars, and persists even if all add-ins disabled or if keybinds set to default.
Switching to mimimal graphics has no impact.
Auto run is off.
No keypad is attached.
No keys are stuck down.
Doesn't happen in any other games.

PC-EU
Win11 22H2
Razer Black Widow 2 keyboard.

Any help appreciated as the game is unplayable like this.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 11, 2023 3:36PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Monotremata

If your keyboard is experiencing severe lag with key presses, you should try different USB ports on your PC in case some are having a hardware problem. You should also update drivers for your keyboard and mouse which may help resolve the issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill , while your answer is appreciated, this is all stuff people have done already. I get keyboard lag on my built in keyboard, and my exterior usb one which has been moved to each possible configuration of onboard and hub usb port.

PCNA
    PCEU
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to my wife for the past several weeks. It's so bad and frustrating that she has just about quit the game. She uses a laptop and can't reproduce this in any other game or app.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. Only here do I get the weird stutter. SWTOR, Chiv2, Pentiment all work flawlessly
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Has anyone with this issue tried switching to a controller temporarily to see if there is still lag when pressing buttons on a gamepad?
    Staff Post
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have any Microslave controllers to try it with.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @blktauna

Since you've been able to replicate this issue on multiple keyboards, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    Staff Post