The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ignore list for forum?

ProudMary
ProudMary
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it possible to block yourself from seeing posts from selected members on this forum?

Is there, in effect, an ignore list feature that can be used on this forum?
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to your profile page > Edit profile > Ignore list (above signature settings)
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Thank you, I've found the feature, but it's not working for me. When I try to add someone to the list the screen just blinks at me and doesn't add them to any list. It still just says 0/12 on my ignore list.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is an ignore list, it wont hide if they create a new post, but it will effectively collapse any response to a post. You can click on it to review the ignored response. I’m on my phone and cooking so cant double check but from memory you can click on the users name and somewhere on their profile is the option to ignore, or you can do it from editing your own profile and adding to a list
    Soupy twist
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »

Thank you, I've found the feature, but it's not working for me. When I try to add someone to the list the screen just blinks at me and doesn't add them to any list. It still just says 0/12 on my ignore list.

Try checking the list in a couple of minutes I dont think it updates immediately
    Soupy twist
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried it (unignored a user I had on the list anyway and then ignored them again) and it worked fine (the list changed immediately both when unignoring and ignoring again, no need to wait for some time).

Is your browser up to date?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Try checking the list in a couple of minutes I dont think it updates immediately

Thanks
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried it (unignored a user I had on the list anyway and then ignored them again) and it worked fine (the list changed immediately both when unignoring and ignoring again, no need to wait for some time).

Is your browser up to date?

It might be a cookie setting or something that's keeping it from working as intended. Or maybe my browser settings. I'm seeing a little pop us that says the members are added to the ignore list, but then the message still says 0/12 members on ignore list.

Thanks for the help. I'll keep messing with it. Hopefully I can get it figured out.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the ignore feature doesn't really ignore the poster. All it does is minimize their posts but they can be opened with a click.
    PCNA
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wondering that
    Edited by wilykcat on December 31, 2022 4:17PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did some testing - it seems that until a "backend" refresh of the Vanilla forum software, neither ignore nor unignore player shows up. I don't have any idea how often the backend refreshes but maybe at least once a day? It's definitely not hourly - because the ignore I set up yesterday didn't show up until this morning, and I checked it just about hourly yesterday. Unignoring first thing this morning has not shown up yet, since about 7:30 am.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the ignore feature doesn't really ignore the poster. All it does is minimize their posts but they can be opened with a click.

I find that to be enough, except that it does not hide their discussions. Fortunately, most people who I block and don't want to read are not the types to create new discussions. :smile:

The limit of 12 is too small, though. Not that I want to ignore more people, but I actually find it more useful to highlight certain people because they often say things I want to read, not the opposite.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is to be expected. There are a lot of "features" and things that just dont work as intended here and in game. We should all be happy it works at all.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's a bug with it at the moment. It doesn't update as it should, whether adding or removing people from the list.
    (it's normally immediate.)
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • The_Titan_Tim
      The_Titan_Tim
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you’re trying from Mobile, a lot of the features don’t work until you request the “Desktop” version through whatever browser you’re using, that might be one of them, give it a shot.
    • Amottica
      Amottica
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Elsonso wrote: »

I find that to be enough, except that it does not hide their discussions. Fortunately, most people who I block and don't want to read are not the types to create new discussions. :smile:

The limit of 12 is too small, though. Not that I want to ignore more people, but I actually find it more useful to highlight certain people because they often say things I want to read, not the opposite.

While I have no use for it, I agree with you. Self control is always paramount with such things.

• ProudMary
      ProudMary
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's working now, thanks for the help.
    • gariondavey
      gariondavey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Out of curiosity, who are you ignoring? :o
      PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    • joergino
      joergino
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The ignore list still has only twelve spots. That's far too few to make this forum even remotely readable.
    • Syldras
      Syldras
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It might not block postings of the ignored person completely, but it prevents them from sending private messages I think?
      @Syldras | PC | EU
    • ForzaRammer
      ForzaRammer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      block feature is dumb, it just allow people to block and send hate whisper.

i advocate for ‘don’t dish out what you can’t take’, so remove all blocks please.
    • SpiritKitten
      SpiritKitten
      ✭✭✭✭
      I blocked only one person so far.
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      Thanks for the info here. We'll take this to Vanilla and see what they can do to help with improving the block list.
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Staff Post
    • wilykcat
      wilykcat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
      Thanks for the info here. We'll take this to Vanilla and see what they can do to help with improving the block list.

Vanilla is my favorite flavor. Where's the chocolate forums?
    • wilykcat
      wilykcat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Out of curiosity, who are you ignoring? :o
      Is it possible to block yourself from seeing posts from selected members on this forum?

Is there, in effect, an ignore list feature that can be used on this forum?

Q: is it possible to block yourself?
      A: possibly yes. I know I can report myself. I'm not so sure on blocking myself.

i

• Syldras
      Syldras
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wilykcat wrote: »

Maybe you should ask these guys:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_Forums

Then you just block them too, plain and simple.
      i advocate for ‘don’t dish out what you can’t take’

So, there was a thread in the forum a few years ago (not the US one, but doesn't matter) about a group of players in Craglorn dressing in white "ghost" costumes, carrying torches and screaming racial slurs and far-right slogans in the chat. There was a guy in the forum who protested against banning these users, claiming it was "just kids making a harmless joke" and the whole thing being "freedom of speech" anyway. When I replied to him that hatespeech is against the TOS and I very well understand banning users who harrass other players, he began spamming me with private messages including far-right propaganda videos, trying to lecture me that I was a clueless ignorant youth and that I should be thankful for the far-right to "protect our homeland from foreigners". I reported his messages and blocked him. Or do you think I should have had a laugh and shrugged it off instead?
      @Syldras | PC | EU
    • ForzaRammer
      ForzaRammer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wilykcat wrote: »

Maybe you should ask these guys:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_Forums

Then you just block them too, plain and simple.
      i advocate for ‘don’t dish out what you can’t take’

So, there was a thread in the forum a few years ago (not the US one, but doesn't matter) about a group of players in Craglorn dressing in white "ghost" costumes, carrying torches and screaming racial slurs and far-right slogans in the chat. There was a guy in the forum who protested against banning these users, claiming it was "just kids making a harmless joke" and the whole thing being "freedom of speech" anyway. When I replied to him that hatespeech is against the TOS and I very well understand banning users who harrass other players, he began spamming me with private messages including far-right propaganda videos, trying to lecture me that I was a clueless ignorant youth and that I should be thankful for the far-right to "protect our homeland from foreigners". I reported his messages and blocked him. Or do you think I should have had a laugh and shrugged it off instead?

I believe violence is required to fight violence. Dodging confrontation gets nowhere. Does this answer satisfy you?
    • Syldras
      Syldras
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I believe violence is required to fight violence. Dodging confrontation gets nowhere. Does this answer satisfy you?

That coward had blocked me, by the way, so I couldn't reply to the nonsense he was sending me. And the forum topic got deleted too. I think in such cases, reporting makes the most sense. Followed by blocking so he knows that his "lecturing" is discouraged.
      @Syldras | PC | EU
    • wilykcat
      wilykcat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This forum post is going places.😆
      Edited by wilykcat on January 7, 2023 3:32AM
    • ForzaRammer
      ForzaRammer
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That coward had blocked me, by the way, so I couldn't reply to the nonsense he was sending me. And the forum topic got deleted too. I think in such cases, reporting makes the most sense. Followed by blocking so he knows that his "lecturing" is discouraged.

Well, looks like we both despise the cowardly act of block and hate whisper, i just don’t want to do it even as a retaliation.
    • Syldras
      Syldras
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well, looks like we both despise the cowardly act of block and hate whisper, i just don’t want to do it even as a retaliation.

I didn't see it at retaliation, but as the last given possibility to tell that guy what I think of his opinion. Not only words can form a message, but also deeds. And a block in that case is a big "I don't care for your nonsense, your attempts to convince me are in vain".
      @Syldras | PC | EU