The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Zos should allow more bank space for active guild and players with no eso+

RedRoomGaming
RedRoomGaming
✭✭✭
Guilds who are active should have more than 500 even if things stack 500 for a full guild and average 120 players is nothing. And players with no eso+ only get 240 fully upgraded Yet if they get Eso+ then it still goes to 480

Say guilds have 750-1000 if they have a certain amount of added members and non eso+ players should have 300 fully upgraded space and if they where to get eso+ then it just goes to 480 as per usual.

I do think bank space is an issue for a lot of people who can’t afford the eso+ and it should be addressed
Edited by RedRoomGaming on December 28, 2022 10:28PM
PS4 Eu Server
  • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
  • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
  • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are cutting back on database storage, not increasing it. Don't forget to add in housing storage. There's no reason for non-hoarders to run out of space and there's no justification for hoarding these days. Didn't ZOS say once that their logs show most players don't max out their present storage capacity?
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    ZOS are cutting back on database storage, not increasing it. Don't forget to add in housing storage. There's no reason for non-hoarders to run out of space and there's no justification for hoarding these days. Didn't ZOS say once that their logs show most players don't max out their present storage capacity?

I have a full bank, 4 full boxes, full inventory on 2 toons. With Eso +
    Edited by RedRoomGaming on December 28, 2022 10:20PM
    PS4 Eu Server
  • smackinhippies
    smackinhippies
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the inventory space of 120 coming from? I un-subbed from ESO+ awhile back and with 3 inventory pets my personal inventory space is 215 on a toon that has maximum upgraded mount and inventory bag.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's designed that way to encourage/annoy the hell out of people to get them to subscribe.

Guild bank space is a flat 500 regardless of whether your subscribed or not, I do agree it should be increased.

As for players, though stop hoarding you have plenty of space to work with, if your trying to do writs without the craft bag, I salute your patience but still think you would be better off just getting ESO+

As for player bank space fully upgraded without ESO+ its 240 inventory space with ESO+ its doubled to 480.

Players personal inventory goes up to 140 with the bag merchant upgrades, another 60 with mount inventory training and a further 15 with the three inventory pets for a total of 215 per character:
    -215 times 8 = 1720
    -215 times 18 = 3870

Then there is the storage chests four of each 30 and 60 inventory chests for a total of an extra 360 inventory storage.

Then as many houses as you want to buy with either gold or crowns to decorate or make furniture warehouses with double space for furniture with ESO+.

• RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the inventory space of 120 coming from? I un-subbed from ESO+ awhile back and with 3 inventory pets my personal inventory space is 215 on a toon that has maximum upgraded mount and inventory bag.

Misspelled during typin out on my phone. My apologies
    PS4 Eu Server
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    It's designed that way to encourage/annoy the hell out of people to get them to subscribe.

Guild bank space is a flat 500 regardless of whether your subscribed or not, I do agree it should be increased.

As for players, though stop hoarding you have plenty of space to work with, if your trying to do writs without the craft bag, I salute your patience but still think you would be better off just getting ESO+

As for player bank space fully upgraded without ESO+ its 240 inventory space with ESO+ its doubled to 480.

Players personal inventory goes up to 140 with the bag merchant upgrades, another 60 with mount inventory training and a further 15 with the three inventory pets for a total of 215 per character:
    -215 times 8 = 1720
    -215 times 18 = 3870

Then there is the storage chests four of each 30 and 60 inventory chests for a total of an extra 360 inventory storage.

Then as many houses as you want to buy with either gold or crowns to decorate or make furniture warehouses with double space for furniture with ESO+.

Yes I’m trying to get writ vouchers t get more boxes.
    PS4 Eu Server
  • smackinhippies
    smackinhippies
    ✭✭✭

Misspelled during typin out on my phone. My apologies

Ah no worries, phones are the worst for me to type anything meaningful.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no reason for non-hoarders to run out of space and there's no justification for hoarding these days.

Luxury furniture for future housing projects. If I have something planned but don't own the house/plot yet (still saving for it, or the house not being available at the store at the moment), I store the furniture in my bank meanwhile. Of course I could also wait for the items to appear at the luxury furnisher again in a year - and maybe miss that weekend because I'm busy or travelling and can't play at that time, and then wait for another full year... So buying them when they're available and then storing them in the bank seems more reasonable to me.

The same goes for fragments from public dungeons, and all kinds of double style pages, recipes and furnishing plans. Of course I could just destroy all duplicates, but I prefer selling them or trading them with friends and other people. Normally, they're quite happy if I look through my bank and find something that they need.

I think ZOS could be more generous with bank space as there are more and more items to keep. Think of all style materials alone. There are 114 different crafting motifs at the moment. If a player doesn't have ESO+ and therefore does not have access to the crafting bag, that would be 114 bank slots for style mats alone, other neccessary armor and furniture crafting materials (8 for furniture alone) not even counted in.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is how I used to be. And if they gave me 1000 more spaces it would have taken me maybe a month to fill those spaces and say hey I need more space. I have armor and weapon sets in storage I haven't used in years. I have the materials to easily replace those sets if they ever come back into Zos' grace but I still keep them.
    The only way I keep some empty space is to stay up on my surveys and master writs. I even have a 2nd account I used to send stuff to just in case I would ever need it.
    At some point we just have to admit it isn't a space problem but a holding on to stuff I will never need problem.

Oh and I have homes that look like this just in case I want to use that furniture in a different house.
    Roxz0ee.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Oh and I have homes that look like this just in case I want to use that furniture in a different house.
    Roxz0ee.jpg

I did the same, but in the end I found it too unpractical because it lacks overview what items I have and what's still missing for a project, especially if items are stored over several different houses. So having them all in the bank, neatly listed, still seems like a better solution for me. Which means my bank is often at its limits.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭

This is how I used to be. And if they gave me 1000 more spaces it would have taken me maybe a month to fill those spaces and say hey I need more space. I have armor and weapon sets in storage I haven't used in years. I have the materials to easily replace those sets if they ever come back into Zos' grace but I still keep them.
    The only way I keep some empty space is to stay up on my surveys and master writs. I even have a 2nd account I used to send stuff to just in case I would ever need it.
    At some point we just have to admit it isn't a space problem but a holding on to stuff I will never need problem.

Roxz0ee.jpg

Yes, holding onto items that I farmed for back when the game was not as easy to get things the way you wanted like white gold tower 2016 bet mode to get the perfect helm I’ll never let go of that ad it’s memories also and I’ll hold onto, I have a box full of surveys that it would take me hours and hours to get them all done yet I have 13 toons and do the writs and keep adding to them. I’ll them one day.

I don’t use my house for furniture purely as it doesn’t interest me, I do the scry stuff and keep it but mainly forsrrhse
    PS4 Eu Server
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a non-ESO+ subscriber, I'm just going to point out an old maxim in business: "Create a problem, then sell the solution."

I'm sympathetic to the "can't afford it," but realistically, ESO isn't going to change their monetized solutions to inventory management.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Say guilds have 750-1000 if they have a certain amount of added members and non eso+ players should have 300 fully upgraded space and if they where to get eso+ then it just goes to 480 as per usual.

Non-ESO+ players have access to 640 slots for account storage if they unlock and get everything. This does not include character-based storage.

Also, ESO+ would have 600 bank-specific slots by design if non-ESO players' bank space was increased to 300 slots. Until Zenimax gets server performance to an overall acceptable level we can expect to not see any increase in bank space.

• The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Bank space has not Increased apart from the mule creatures since the Inception of the game, however, each chapter release and DLC brings new style materials, and sometimes new alchemical materials, this has given a bloat factor to the bank which is difficult to manage without ESO+.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Roxz0ee.jpg

I did the same, but in the end I found it too unpractical because it lacks overview what items I have and what's still missing for a project, especially if items are stored over several different houses. So having them all in the bank, neatly listed, still seems like a better solution for me. Which means my bank is often at its limits.

Exactly! Most items are a non-issue for me — I hold gear on my characters and writs and surveys on my crafter. MOST of my inventory is furnishings, not because I’m “hoarding” it, but because I like to have options and collect stuff for multiple housing projects as it is available, I find it for a good price, etc.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a non-ESO+ subscriber, I'm just going to point out an old maxim in business: "Create a problem, then sell the solution."

I'm sympathetic to the "can't afford it," but realistically, ESO isn't going to change their monetized solutions to inventory management.

This ^ Players subscribe for the craft bag and double capacities. As also an non-subscriber, it's perfectly possible to play without ESO+, but a lot of your time goes into inventory management, and ZOS knows this, so of course they wouldn't make it easier for non-subs. Plus, the game needs revenue to stay afloat, and since subbing is optional, they wouldn't want to make that option unattractive.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do housing, there is no such thing as "enough space" for me.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have plenty of bank space, 8 boxes (with empty space), and 8 characters. Without ESO+. My characters go out adventuring with 80+ empty spaces to play with. Only one of them is a mule.

Sounds like you need to make a third or fourth character to hold extra stuff. (my mule holds full 200 stacks of unrefined materials until the next "free ESO+" event, and my collection of looted & laundered civilian clothes)
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is still a problem for tanks and healers who do end game and need a lot of sets and it gets even worse if you do housing and therefore keep furniture drops to save for when you have time to decorate, and use companions and deal with slowly upgrading their gear because you don't want to pay a million gold per "correct" piece. Even worse if you do writs but do not have time do always do the surveys immediately. Even worse still, if one uses the armory and has a vMA build, a PvP build, and possibly others on the same character as encouraged by AwA... it's almost impossible to manage.

All of that is me. My DPS friends have tons of space but with four healers and two tanks I never do. Usually I'm lucky if I can clear to 30 available slots for a play session.

I don't hoard at all because of stickerbook now but it is pointless to get rid of things you get stacks of because they just come right back... the basic poisons, the basic potions, etc.

I have ESO+ and my inventory is still a nightmare. From a performance issue it may not be feasible but I am a strong advocate of more character and shared bank space for all players... I do feel it is necessary and for folks that have lots of space... you are lucky. :) I have all the housing chests and three mules on my account but they aren't really full or that useful because of load screen times. I need more space for sharing between characters and carrying all the gear I need on my support toons so I don't hold up runs when they want me to wear something different.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only takes 10 people to form a personal guild bank. The only sacrifice is one guild slot. Having your own bank that holds 500 items goes a long way towards helping with storage issues.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I could do with is one more large housing chest for gear sets that I am farming or collecting. Every yea mr there are so many new items added to the game that tend to remain viable for a widow of about a year. It would be nice to have them all in one place.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    500 even for a super active guild is more than enough. Every guild I'm in that complains about bank space has over 100 slots taken by green items that nobody is ever going to ask for and mats that will most likely not be needed either.

you also don't need to be in 5 guilds really. Get a few friends, drop a guild and make your own that works as just a guild bank for you and those few people and boom more than enough space.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't bank space. Some players will fill every empty slot they have no matter how many more they get. Adding more slots won't fix their problem.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 29, 2022 6:56PM
    PCNA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like 1 more bank upgrade, just because 240/480 slots seems like an odd place to stop. One more would bring it to 250/500 which are nicer numbers IMO.

Other than that I agree that in most cases the stuff being stored will fill the available space no matter how much that is. I manage it (without ESO+) by periodically having a sort-out where I get rid of everything I don't need, and it is always stuff I really don't need, like excess potions from login rewards, poisons and useless food/drinks I don't even remember picking up, absurd amounts of soul gems and gear which might be useful one day but isn't actually worth holding onto. I clear it out a couple of times a year (usually when there's an ESO+ free trial, because the double bank space makes it easier to dump everything in there to sort) and that frees up a lot of space, but the junk always builds up again.

In terms of things I actually want to keep the only one I'm struggling with is furnishings, and that's because I've got a few houses I want to decorate but I haven't had the motivation to get on and do it for months, so I'm keeping all the furnishings I pick up and buying ones from the luxury vendor just in case I find a use for them and not actually doing anything except storing them in chests. But again that's not a problem which would be solved by more space, that would just make it easier to keep putting off actually sorting it.
    Edited by Danikat on December 30, 2022 3:58PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some people clutter their bank with all kinds of things, but still, having an increasing amount of items that totally make sense collecting (as I already mentioned: new style mats with every release, new fragments for collectibles from public dungeons) and then introducing housing which takes even more space, while not extending bank space, somehow just seems disproportionate.

Of course that doesn't mean they will make a bank update sometime, as double bank space and crafting bag are probably the main reason for people to pay for ESO+... Still a pity, especially for people who are also into housing. It's not that my bank was filled to the brim all the time, btw, but it can be quite full while I'm collecting furniture for a project. After I've placed everything and finished a house, sometimes it's almost completely empty...
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wrap my mind around keeping so much stuff that my bank would be full. The only things I keep in my bank are furnishings and stacks of alchemy and provisioning items that are used for doing daily writs, and it's not even halfway filled. Everything else is in my housing chests and they aren't even close to full, either.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 30, 2022 1:23AM
    PCNA
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's put it like this: A big house has 700 furniture slots... By already collecting furnishings for a house not yet obtained (among them luxury furnishings that only show up for sale once a year, and maybe a few limited-time sets from the crown store which already consist of a few dozens of items each), the bank might get a bit full.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never collected furnishings for a house I don't have yet because I don't know what I'll need until I'm actually placing items.
    PCNA
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's something about 500 items that they seem to not want to surpass, it might have something to do with the way the data is hosted. Supposedly, it leads to longer load times.

If they could separate out the bank items into different categories (gear, consumables, materials, etc) and get rid of the all items category, I think they could explore implementing what the OP is asking for.

edit: to people who can't understand what people are using their bank slots on, you have items that people are listing to trade as well as set items for gear they are looking to use. More than half of my bank slots are taken up by gear, my characters also take up a lot of slots for gear. The system is not ideal, I would prefer "outfit" slots like the armory except specific for gear, to free up a lot of this inventory space. But this is personal inventory space, irrelevant to the OP's CC.
    Edited by Dr_Con on December 30, 2022 2:26AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never collected furnishings for a house I don't have yet because I don't know what I'll need until I'm actually placing items.

I have very extended plans (and items lists) beforehand sometimes. Of course only if I've already been to that house before, be it on PTS or by visiting someone else's house (that I didn't buy the first time it was available in the store).
    @Syldras | PC | EU