Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Varzunon's mechanics are bugged?

AlterBlika
AlterBlika
✭✭✭✭
I'm currently trying to solo vet Graven Deep, and struggling with the second boss. There's a mechanic with sacrifice skeletons: if the boss "eats" them, it grows in size and its attacks hit harder. I'm a melee character, so there's no way I can play this mechanic, as the boss consumes the sacrifices when they're nearby. This way, I need to mitigate a lot of damage. This is actually fine, because its default attacks aren't really instant and I can even dodge them if needed. The main problem is its size. The boss becomes very big and it somehow messes with its hitboxes or something, and as a result, my skills refuse to fire (brawler for example) and my char just spams light attacks when I try to weave (without weaving skills also won't fire). Sometimes I need to press the skill button many-many times before the skill fires. It's only the case when the boss consumes all the sacrifices, until that everything is smooth. If I target the adds then everything is okay, and all skills work as intended.

So is it intended? Is there a way to beat it solo or I should move onto the next dungeon?
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varzunon is the DPS check for GD to complete the dungeon. Either you do the mechanics and kill the spooky white skeletons or do enough DPS between their spawns. If not, he grows too big to attack.