The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Foundry Tactical Combat

• EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    Morkulth wrote: »
    Haboom wrote: »
    It would be nice if when running FTC it would hide the default target bar so I don't have 2 of them on screen.
    This function seems to be disabled by the current API. Hopefully some good API changes coming soon to allow customization of some base elements.

Other addons disable the default target frame so you only have 1 displayed. Too bad those addons are not as good as this one.
  • Kingspian
    Kingspian
    ✭✭
    It would be nice move to some around like health, Magicka and Stamina. Also can eso let us move the hud around? I like to see the keys, interupt, blocking and all that stuff to move around. I'm tired of looking at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't help me, even during pvp. :/
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's much improved from the beta version, even considering how much of the API functionality has been removed. The ability to customize the Addon is much greater now, and I'm sure will get even better with time.

Much kudos to Atropos for a wonderful Addon!
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree a raid and group frame add on is needed. For Group WarLegends is pretty good. However his raid frame seems to be bugged. It only shows half my raid so I eventually just disabled it.
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't really for a single addon to do all these things.
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting UI errors when I weapon swap to my 2nd weapon. Most of the time the error is constant, but sometimes the error box will go away. This is frustrating as I hot swap to a resto staff in big fights and mainly use a destro staff.

The error says Foundry Tactical Combat is the culprit. I almost need to disable this addon but I like it so much that I've just been dealing with not seeing half my screen half the time due to the error box.
    Edited by zeuseason on April 3, 2014 8:40PM
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you SO much for making this addon. I tried a couple others, but like this one the most.

I can't even play the game with the default bars now.
  • Velou
    Velou
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea if the buff tracking will work with the german client too some day?
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Does yours work with the NA version?
  • Khyllar
    Khyllar
    It looks good but seems to still be in an early state. Will try this later to see. I do like the hit numbers but not so much on displaying enemy low on health or if an ability does not effect the enemy.

all addons are in its early state... game just came out lol, but honestly most of these people making the big addons have been in closed beta for months so i wouldn't dismiss an addon on it seeming like its new cuz they all are. FTC is amazing im using it and love it, i highly recommend it to anyone that isnt going for the immersion of a hudless screen and want to see how much dmg they do and take and get a better reading of everything ESO keeps hidden by default.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know how to move the damage meter. I can move the other parts just not the meter, which overlays my xp bar :(
  • Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    zeuseason wrote: »
    I keep getting UI errors when I weapon swap to my 2nd weapon. Most of the time the error is constant, but sometimes the error box will go away. This is frustrating as I hot swap to a resto staff in big fights and mainly use a destro staff.

The error says Foundry Tactical Combat is the culprit. I almost need to disable this addon but I like it so much that I've just been dealing with not seeing half my screen half the time due to the error box.
    Many of us were getting this error. Make sure you have abilities in all 10 ability slots and try using the addon. Since doing this I have not had any issues.
    Guppet wrote: »
    Anyone know how to move the damage meter. I can move the other parts just not the meter, which overlays my xp bar :(
    I think it is a feature Atropos is working on.
    World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising
  • Kraeius
    Kraeius
    ✭✭
    Nice addon. Covers the needed features of UI (some of them). Works well with current game version 1.0.1
    RAETIA InfoHub | @Kraeius (PC - EU Megaserver)
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    I really wish there was an option to change font and to remove the health numbers and percents. I really dont need to see those things soloing, they are only helpful during PVP.
  • Sandhya
    Sandhya
    ✭✭✭
    Just came back here to say that you easily made the most impressive, most useful and least obtrusive UI addon of everything there is to find regarding this subject, at this time. Really an awesome job. I've started using FTC and never looked back, I have all the info I need, it is presented in a great way that is always clear and never overdone, and literally EVERY choice about the look and way it acts is right up my alley.

I want your babies. Awesome job.
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Morkulth wrote: »
    zeuseason wrote: »

Many of us were getting this error. Make sure you have abilities in all 10 ability slots and try using the addon. Since doing this I have not had any issues.

there is only one problem... it's called WEREWOLF ^^' in the werewolf bar there is only 2 abilites and you cant' put more in there... so at the moment FTC can't be used by werewolf (unless they forsake the use of their trasformation ability ^^' )

after looking at the work atroos have done in the past few months I'm sure he will solve it soon... but it really is a pain not being able to use it at the momnet ^^'
  • Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    So, some people are claiming to have been suspended or banned from using this mod.

Any proof to support these claims or trolls just abusing an awesome addon?

Taemek Frozenberg, Leader of <Epoch Gaming>
    Oceanic - Australia
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    First I've heard of it. I suspect trolls.
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • Hakoke
    Hakoke
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking trolls. I've used this add on since beta and this is the first I've heard of this.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This addon is totally great , ty for the hard work.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on April 15, 2014 3:44AM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    It isn't difficult to make custom changes to the addon to get the text etc how you want it.
    All you have to do is open the lua files in a text editor and alter the commands. They're quite obvious. Take a look at the file Functions.lua in directory sct. The function Update(context) has the text output string setup.

(Keep a backup of course )

PS. The default box size for the incoming damage is too small and chops off part of the display at times. It's an easy fix to expand the box a bit - I've forgotten which file it's in though. I'll leave that for you as an exercise. :)
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this add-on a lot and I don't think I could go back to default UI.

1. How can you make stat bars' (health, magicka, stamina) visibility better? It's good to have them transparent during off-combat, but I would like them to be more visible during combat. Or always, if that is the only chance.
    2. Having my DOT icons on my enemy is great (I can't emphasise how great that is :)), but with FTC I lose the ability to see their DOTs or CCs on me. Default UI shows you this with different effects on your health bar, FTC (in my case) doesn't show those effects in any way. Is it just me and there is a way to set this up, or does FTC really not show any of them on our char?
  • 1111scornneb18_ESO
    buffs are not shown if you play german :/
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trolls.

If I remember correctly Zenimax have stated that they are keeping a minimal UI in the expectation that 3rd party addons will make up for any perceived shortcomings. They are working in partnership with the addon writers. It's not a 'hack' situation.

Zenimax actually have complete control of the functions that lua-based addons can use. In fact, they recently edited their API to remove some 'undesirable' features that were open to addons, thus limiting the functionality.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Shillen
    Shillen
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using FTC 0.23. In the Settings menu is an option to unlock the FTC frames to reposition them on the screen. That doesn't appear to work for the player's stat frame (health/magicka/stamina bars) as well as the player buff and debuff frame. Has anyone been able to drag and move those frames around?

Same issue here. I want the player frame right underneath my character but FTC puts the player buffs there and doesn't let you move them.

Also, I don't use FTC player frame because it is way too transparent and not scalable. I'm using warlegend frame because it lets you scale each bar and set the opacity. It's far superior, IMO.
    Please LOL my comments. I'm an aspiring comedian.
  • 1111scornneb18_ESO
    I also dont like the transparent of FTC but it shows buffs better ( well not for me anymore cause is witched to german ;(
  • Iniesta
    Iniesta
    ✭✭
    EliteZ wrote: »
    I like this addon however have 3 requests that would make it better.

1. Please give us more customization, I want to be able to change the size, the opacity, the font size, font style and fade. I dont like the fact it fades out slightly out of combat instead I'd rather have it not fade or fade out completely.

2. Please remove the default target frame when this addon is active. Im using the addon for the unit framea so why do I also need the default target frame under my compass if I've got addon target frame.

3. Please add a group and raid frame option to the addon with the same frame style as the current player and target frames so it all goes together nicely.

These are my only major requests for this addon and really hope they get add, other then that keep up the good work.

Totally agree with everything under point 1 , specially the opacity .

• SokarGoldberg
    Why was the statistic overview removed from the ftc? It was the feature I used more then everything else.

I updated my ftc today and it all was mixed up. Even simple things like the big healthbar and name under the compass was gone (which worked with one of the previous mobs. Now only on the right target area you can see the name etc.)
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    When using this addon I can see the standart health/stam/mag bars AND the FTC one.
    The dump standard ones do not disapear -.-

Does someone know the API command for removing this garbage?
    Is there a file where you can disable them manually?

• Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    This new update is looking sick. Hope he updates it soon :D.
    World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising